Forums/Pioneer Gear/Digital DJ & XDJ Controllers

ddj-s1 firmware version

icewang64
posted this on July 30, 2011 01:21

hey just had a quick question about the firmware on the ddj-s1. my ddj-s1 originally came with firmware 1.01 however when running serato itch, it asked me for a firwmware update which i agreed to. unfortunatly when the firmware upgrade completed it said that the firmware version was 1.0 which means it the serato servers downgarded me to 1.0 even tho i had pioneers 1.01. is there anyway i can grab the 1.01 firmware of u guys manully and update it myself. thanks, i had a chat on the serato forums, havent herd on when their servers will be updated.

Comments

User photo
Gavin
Pioneer DJ

Did you get the install CD when you bought your S1?

Mac or PC?

July 31, 2011 13:47
User photo
icewang64
yeah i did is it in there? I never used it, went straight to serato and installed their latest itch for s1. Ill have a look tonight.
July 31, 2011 16:31
User photo
icewang64

just checked its only got the same 1.8 installer that i download and have already installed. pls not im talking about the firmware 1.01 aldready have installed the driver 1.001 im on pc btw. thanks

August 01, 2011 03:54
User photo
Pulse
Pioneer DJ

Driver or firmware?  There are no firmware updates, only drivers.

August 01, 2011 10:40
User photo
icewang64

he ddj-s1 shipped with driver version 1.001 and te unit already had firmware version 1.01 out of the box. one day while using itch, itch requested a firmware upgrade was availible , which i completed. after the update the firmware version read 1.0 in the pioneer version dislay utility. 2 things could have happened. iether iv been downgraded by the serato servers accidently. or the 1.0 firwmware has got the wrong version/name tag on it. serato support did say that there r indeed two version numbers (1.0, 1.01) which pioneer to them. their servers for itch still only have the 1.0 version hence why im not getting any upgrade requests from itch even after upgrading to itch 2.0 and doing a fresh install.

August 01, 2011 21:35
User photo
Pulse
Pioneer DJ

If it came with 1.01 it could have been a factory change on a hardware part or something simple.  1.00 is what I've got on my machine and there are no updates available from Pioneer (which is where they'd come from, likely not Serato).  If it still works, I wouldn't worry.

August 02, 2011 09:53
User photo
icewang64

works fine altho there were noticible perfromance glitches which werent there essepecialy when activating the fx section.

August 02, 2011 23:25