Forums/Pioneer Gear/CDJ-350

[CLOSED] cdj 350 + traktor jog wheel issues!!!

DjLee Chappell
posted this on October 31, 2011 12:52

hi there i am using the cdj 350's with traktor pro but i am having a lot of trouble with it!! i have the latest firmware and software updates but the jog wheels stop intermittently and wont work again so i have to shut traktor down and reboot!!! also my mac freezes when i go from cd to computer but the mac is brand new and should work fine.  your help would be most appreciated. 

Comments

User photo
Pulse
Pioneer DJ

@DjLee > I haven't heard of anyone freezing Traktor or having intermittent control -- are you using a USB hub?  What is the soundcard you're using for your audio output?

November 03, 2011 03:49
User photo
Luke Mos

Hi !

I've also the CDJ 350 plug in USB to the PC (control mode), I use a USB hub of course and the output is directly to the CDJ-350 again (I followed the instruction on Pioneer website to do it). It seams to work fine and after 30-40min of mix (randomly with no apparent reason) the jog wheel stop to work at all. All the other button are still working.

I'm on windows 7, CDJ version 1.06 (latest as I know)

If someone got a solution. I think the only stable way to use traktor is with the traktor audio interface and timecoded CD, too bad I liked the idea of having less hardware to carry and connect.

January 14, 2012 11:33
User photo
Foster
Pioneer DJ

@Luke > Is your USB hub powered?

What version of Traktor are you running?

Could you try going through the "Setup Wizard" again to make sure everything is setup correctly and see if it still occurs afterwards? :)

January 15, 2012 11:42
User photo
Pulse
Pioneer DJ

@Luke > Are you using a powered hub?  Can you try connecting the CDJ directly to the computer instead of using the hub to see if the same thing happens?

January 16, 2012 12:46
User photo
Ernesto ErnieDj Serra

Hello... I have the same problem. I use Traktor Pro 2 with Mac... sometimes random (but it happen yesterday) the jog wheel "freeze". I cannot control the cue point.

Wait a solution.

Thanks.

January 17, 2012 22:54
User photo
Gavin
Pioneer DJ

@Ernesto > Same questions apply as above.

January 18, 2012 09:42
User photo
Ernesto ErnieDj Serra
no hub...two cdj direct on Macbook.
January 18, 2012 10:29
User photo
Luke Mos

Thanks for your replaies, I didn't have the opportunity to test with direct connection to the computer, I'll try this soon. I'll try to power my USB hub if I can found a power supply in my stock of electronic stuff. However I couldn't understand why it would need powered USB as the CDJ-350 have there own power supply anyway.

January 18, 2012 21:01
User photo
Gavin
Pioneer DJ

@Luke > Some outputs only supply a certain amount of juice to the hub which isn't enough to power the hub as quickly as the situation may necessitate.  

January 21, 2012 09:19
User photo
Ernesto ErnieDj Serra
i have found that if you make one loop the procedure freeze the jog and is not possible to scratch or simply search a cue point....I have tried some times and the problem happen every time. To solve need to enter in setting procedure / controller and delete and add the cdj350.tsi file...not a good solution!
January 23, 2012 09:16
User photo
Pulse
Pioneer DJ

@Ernesto > What version of Traktor are you running?  What is the version of the firmware on the 350?  What version of drivers do you have installed? 

January 30, 2012 12:42
User photo
Ernesto ErnieDj Serra

Cdj350 1.06

Traktor 2.1.2 (R12125)

License full

MacBook Pro 2.3 Ghz  - 8 GB - 10.6.8

January 30, 2012 21:17
User photo
Pulse
Pioneer DJ

And the drivers?

January 31, 2012 10:28
User photo
Ernesto ErnieDj Serra

@PULSE - Midi mapping file 1.01 - no other driver required for Mac Os.

January 31, 2012 22:25
User photo
Pulse
Pioneer DJ

@Ernesto > Sorry, had a brain-fart there!  ;)

Which edition of Traktor is it you're using?

February 01, 2012 07:25
User photo
Ernesto ErnieDj Serra
traktor pro 2. 2.1.2 last update
February 01, 2012 09:07
User photo
dario hudek

I have same problem as Ernesto(ok my laptop is hp,and i use win 7,but as i can se that does not meter because we have the same problem),all updates are last.I've even downloaded latest trial from NI pages and same problem. dont know what to do,?

And 1 more thing, somtimes music stops going trough mixer and when i move pitch then i can here it again,jog whell in vinyl mode in 90% do not work,as ernesto said.

Updates:

Windows driver pack Ver1.102

CDJ Firmware 1.06

Traktor 2.1.2  R12125

So what to do? hm.....

Help please! :)

Thank you!

February 03, 2012 11:45
User photo
DonPaco
Same here, So I just use tccd...maybe when NI or Pioneer gives us HID mode these issues will be resolved.
February 04, 2012 06:39
User photo
dario hudek

@DonPaco:

I dont think thats a solution i bought those players 4 alot of money(4 me),and i bought them because they have options to connect to laptop without any external soundcard,so i want them to work as they said.

I could pass 10x cheaper if i bought vestax typhon and it would work. I want some firmware that will solve those problems.

If ,,they,, don't come up with a solution i will replace players or 4 money or 4 cdj 400.

For now i am very dissapointed with them.

February 05, 2012 08:07
User photo
DonPaco
I agree with you....but HID mode would be nice. But my theory is that since, these players are not at the price range of the 2000 or the 900. we will keep getting cheap solutions.
February 05, 2012 08:58
User photo
Luke Mos

Many weeks after my first post, I've seen that I'm really not alone with this problem, so I'm interesting to hear people using this configuration with no issues at all.

After testing and testing, I've figured out that when I set some loops like, pressing 2-3 times "beat loop -" then "reloop/exit" and then "in/cue" + "out" to set another manual loop or exemple, it make the problem happens. Sometimes I've to repeat using these two loop function (Loop and Beat loop) to make it happens but it did everytime !

So here is the bug, so for people having the same problem can you test what I've done to figure out if the problem happen to everybody in this way ?

Then for people using CDJ-350 without this problem, can they test this too ? (maybe you're mixing without using loops ou only in a way that it's not bugging the stuff).

Thanks for any help

February 06, 2012 08:18
User photo
dario hudek

Hi guys,

here i am,i ve menaged to ,,use,, 350s with traktor . Only thing you have to do is push latency to maximum,and it will work,it worked for me,BUT(hahahah)it doesent works perfectly i stil have some bugs(like stoping music,and then i move pitch-and all works ,,fine,,,jog not working perfectly,somtimes some buttons on cdj dont work(mappingproblem)) and i still definitly wouldnt go on gig with 350s and laptop.Also the function that you can switch betwen cdj and traktor works perfectly.

Hope that new firmware will solwe those problems and it will work fine.

Hear ya!

February 06, 2012 09:47
User photo
dario hudek

Little update,

connected 350s with another laptop ,same result.

February 06, 2012 13:02
User photo
DonPaco
I hope there is new firmware in the works. For Mac & PC.
February 06, 2012 14:13
User photo
Ole Caspersen

I have this issue as well!

The Traktor Loosing Contact With Jog Wheel randomly when using Loop Buttons (Standard Midi-mapping) should now be considered an official problem. It is NOT related to your local setup / it is a software-issue between Traktor / Pioneer CDJ-350. Pioneer?

February 27, 2012 02:09
User photo
Ernesto ErnieDj Serra

Sure that it's a software/midi mapping issue... due to my music (salsa) i do not need loop very often, but I think that is a serious problem...

February 27, 2012 03:23
User photo
Luke Mos

FYI I've finally gave up using Traktor with my CDJ-350. I've given back the NI hardware to my friend and now I've switch to MixVibes Cross DJ, it's plenty enough for me right now and the price is over competitive. Hope this problem will be solved if I decide to come back to NI products in the future (assuming I'll still be mixing on CDJ-350).

February 27, 2012 05:18
User photo
Gavin
Pioneer DJ

We're working with NI to investigate this issue.

March 04, 2012 03:12
User photo
dario hudek

Thats nice to hear! :)

March 06, 2012 06:24
User photo
Ole Caspersen
Yes, thats great news! The problem is somehow linked to the VINYL-button. Sometimes when the jog wheel connection is lost I can bring the jog control back by pressing VINYL (from Lit to Unlit or the other way arround - whatever state it is in when the connection is lost). Regards from Ole
March 06, 2012 06:39
User photo
Borja

Hello to all. I new on this forum. I have Pioneer CDJ 350 (x2) and DJM 350 with Traktor Pro (2 V.1.0.2) working on Windows 7. The problem is the same. Sound disappiar radomly each 2, 4 or 8 seconds aprox, then i must do play/pause to sound again. Both CDJ are connected directly on the PC with new USB 2.0.

Testing different things i found that if i use M-Audio Asio (I have M-Audio Fast Track Pro) replacing the Pioneer Asio in Traktor Audio Setup, all sound perfectly (but obviusly i can´t use djm 350 to mix).

Theres any new about this problem from NI or Pioneer Team?

Best Regards.

March 20, 2012 06:29
User photo
Paul Pheat

Borja you need to increase the buffer size in Pioneer Asio in Traktor. It was helpful to me, but the freezing jog problem is still not solved ;(

March 21, 2012 05:19
User photo
Borja

Hey Paul, thx for the answer. I increased the buffer of Pioneer asio at max. Now the track can be sound perfect 1-2 minutos but the sound disappear again after that, sometimes few seconds...but nothing new :(. I´m crazy with this. I used a software to check latency problems but don´t found any. I´m music producer and i havent any problems with busy projects (20 or 30 patterns). 

I don´t understand what happen.

Could be USB problems?. The mouse, the keyboard, the MIDI keyboard, M-audio Fast Track Pro, external HD are connected to the PC via USB. In the front part of the pc are where i connect the USB of my CDJ. What do you think about this?

Yesterday night i was trying this tutorial for windows 7.
http://blog.dubspot.com/optimize-your-windows-7-pc-for-djing-music-...
But nothing resolved.

Best Regards.

March 21, 2012 05:31
User photo
Borja

Hello to all again,

New update. I was tring use CDJ´S 350 with Traktor pro 2 selecting as Audio Device "M-Audio ASIO" to use as sound card my Fast Track Pro. The results are that sound doesn´t disappear, NEVER.

So i think that the problem is DJM 350. I don´t know why. I have the latest firmware and drivers from Pioneer but when i use Pioneer Asio as audio device the sounds still disappear.

Someone know why? :S

Best regards.

March 21, 2012 10:59
User photo
Alex França

Until last week I had the same problems, but increased the buffer to 960 and 24 bits fornow is working perfectly, just do not know until when. Please write in English a clearer without abbreviations for a better translation (I'm Brazilian).

May 05, 2012 09:57
User photo
Alex França

I again have the problem, the CDJ stops working without any explanation, I believe that only a new firmware to solve the problem.

May 12, 2012 06:58
User photo
Pulse
Pioneer DJ

@Alex > Try the tips in this thread.

May 14, 2012 05:32
User photo
Josri Mio Attia

any updates on the jog wheel problem? I still have it..

June 26, 2012 15:21
User photo
Sammy

Get asio connect and use cdj's internal soundcard. tutorials on this procedure are everywhere

June 27, 2012 02:40
User photo
Alex França

I followed most of the tips, but I'm still with the problem, I strongly believe that is the fault of the driver.

June 27, 2012 12:13
User photo
dario hudek

I think there is a problem in manufacture(that's only my opinion),i don't know why Pioneer can't upload official tutorial for set up of those 2 things.

If they can upload something like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJmAYNY2C9I , they should upload tutorial.

I think someone from Pioneer should take a 5 minutes to upload a tutorial,that is least what they should do after we bought their product and we are having problems with it,(it doesen't metter if we are idiots and we can't set up that system or there is something else ....

We need your help,as customers!!! Why is that so hard???????

Instead we are all writing some kind of silly examples of our problems and asking ''silly'' questions.

I think that is a best solution detailed tutorial,and that is it!

Please help us Pioneer!! One of Your customers(speaking in the name of all of us who are having problems,I believe so)

Thank you!

Greetings from Croatia!

June 28, 2012 21:52
User photo
Pulse
Pioneer DJ

A video is on its way.

July 04, 2012 12:18
User photo
Alex França

Installation is easy, the problem is in the driver or equipment.

July 05, 2012 11:05
User photo
Edwin Alonso Uribe

WE NEED THE VIDEO PIONEER PLEASE!!

July 24, 2012 13:07
User photo
Pulse
Pioneer DJ

Sorry, I'm just waiting on the arrival of a second CDJ-350 to shoot the vid.

July 25, 2012 06:57
User photo
Ben Rose

I'm having the same problem with the Jog Wheels not working after a while, seems to happen after looking. It happened to me about an hour into a 4 hour a gig last night and I wasn't able to hardly mix at all.

July 29, 2012 01:11
User photo
dario hudek

@Pulse

Hey man whats up the other cdj 350,did it came,if not when do you expect him??

August 09, 2012 10:24
User photo
lewes

yo, anything on a solution for jog wheel drop-out? @Pulse did you make a video?

August 20, 2012 14:11
User photo
Gavin
Pioneer DJ

@dario and @lewes > Pulse is away at the moment - I know he'll have an answer for you as soon as he returns.

August 22, 2012 00:04
User photo
lewes

funny today NI released native support for cdj-400 and up. thought I was making the better decision going with the 350s. The only problem with the 350 and Traktor (for me at least) is the damn jog wheel not working. it works for a few seconds then stops.

Has anyone been successful with the CDJ-350 and Traktor? If so, can you share some tips?

Anyone know where I can find a .tsi file other than the Pioneer one?

August 23, 2012 09:31
User photo
dreamseller

Its kinda "nice" to hear that other people have the same problem, i basically thought i am the only one with the jogwheel...

Why is it so hard to get native HID support? i mean the cdj 400 gets it and it isnt even in production anymore.

August 25, 2012 06:01
User photo
dario hudek

Can enybody else make a vid??? Becouse Pulse is obiusly not arround anymore!Help usssssss!We are waiting for few months now !!!

September 12, 2012 10:36
User photo
lewes

seriously. or simply tell us it's not possible right now and we should move on.

September 12, 2012 10:44
User photo
dario hudek

I really think that pioneer made messed up with that player,and that they wont admit that .I think they should came out from closet,take all players back and refund money,or make a quatity firmware for 350's!

September 13, 2012 01:46
User photo
Gavin
Pioneer DJ

@Dario and @lewes > Go easy! I told you Pulse is away - he'll get back to you as soon as he can, I know he is on this case. Please be aware that there has been a huge increase in traffic on the forums and we're trying to get to everyone as well as tradeshow commitments... not to mention our actual jobs outside of all this too.

September 14, 2012 09:07
User photo
dario hudek

Ok, i'm sorry i'm boring,but i'm just frustrated.

September 16, 2012 18:36
User photo
Armin Demian Sigmund

@Pioneer ...please make make the HID Mode for the CDJ's 350s available. Its not fun using the 350s with Traktor if the Jogwheel doesn't work correctly.  Even the CDJ's 400 are activated to the HID Mode.

September 20, 2012 00:01
User photo
dreamseller
I believe i read somewhere that its native who does not support the HID on the 350s because they want people to buy their controllers instead but not sure... I believe its native who messed up here
September 20, 2012 01:08
User photo
lewes
Gavin, it's been 2 weeks since you told us to "go easy". Is this problem going to be resolved?
September 29, 2012 03:55
User photo
dreamseller

im a rather calm person but now it starts to piss me off aswell, the first time this problem got mentioned was nearly one year ago... ONE YEAR.

you guys introduce support  and optimization for a player which isnt even in production anymore. are you serious?! all people HAVE to buy the cdj 350 if they want a cheap pioneer cd player and you dont even support them properly. no offense to the guys who try to help here but why dont you just forward it to some supervisor or anything if so many people are affected by it?

October 02, 2012 03:57
User photo
lewes

thanks for nothing pioneer

October 07, 2012 05:19
User photo
DonPaco
+ 1, Pioneer & Traktor does not give a crap about low end players..they are too busy trying to corner the market with a cdj with sync...so this way any moron can dj, and pioneer can make more coin.
October 07, 2012 05:51
User photo
Pulse
Pioneer DJ

Apologies again for the delays guys, I was finally able to replicate the issue with 2 decks (it never occurred with just one) and the engineers are investigating.

The issue of HID being available for the 350's is not Pioneer's choice, but rather NI's.  You can see it's not an issue with the player as when used with SSL, the HID mode works just fine.

October 11, 2012 17:26
User photo
dario hudek

@Pulse -Thank you 4 answer, i know there is no problem with external serato sound card,(i dont have SSL,one dj that worked on my players had,players done the job right), but i didnt bought players to use them with SSL,i bought the because they have soundcard built in and they are ready 4 use with NI Traktor as pioneer said,are you saying no one tried are they working before they start to sell them.

What is our solution??

October 12, 2012 01:10
User photo
Gavin
Pioneer DJ

@Dario > They certainly do work with Traktor, just not to the advanced capability we hope NI would integrate.

October 17, 2012 00:13
User photo
dario hudek

If they work with traktor why dont you show us how(where is video),and one more thing are you saying that players are working with traktor,only traktor is not working with players?And im not talking about working with external soundcard.

October 27, 2012 08:21
User photo
dario hudek

@Pulse - Why didn't you do the tutorial,as you said-was that so hard???

@Gavin- you have no right to say that they work.

You TWO guys are not help at all,you two just waisting our time....

I cant belive that you can look yoursel in to mirror,i tought that someone is gonna help us with some constructive answers,but nothing,its like im talkin to some politician and all am geting is some diplomatic answers.,, They certainly do work with Traktor..,,

Yeah they do so way so many people do have problems?? You should be ashamed.

Thanks for nothing,and im probably gonna get answers when cdj-s wil be what good old vinyl was back then,OLD.

November 05, 2012 09:23
User photo
lewes

though Dario might be slightly ude, he's absolutely correct... PLEASE spare us the excuses. Close this thread and stop selling the cdj-350s as Traktor midi compatible. You should be fired for the way you're mishandling this. 

November 05, 2012 09:44
User photo
DonPaco
I could have told you that NI or Pioneer have no intentions to fix this...there is no profit! As I said in the past if the deck is not worth $1000.00 or over..there is no money to be made.
November 05, 2012 10:18
User photo
Gavin
Pioneer DJ

@Dario & @lewes > Like Pulse said above, its up to Native - not Pioneer.

@DonPaco > If there was no profit in it, we'd leave all our units at firmware v1.0 and never bother updating anything.

November 09, 2012 06:38
User photo
dreamseller

but still no fixes. its not too hard to make that stupid video is it? please man!

December 09, 2012 12:44
User photo
Eraldo picco

Hi to all,

news about jog wheel problem?

December 22, 2012 23:29
User photo
DonPaco
This is ridiculous this thread was started on 11/11 and still no fix?
January 20, 2013 18:38
User photo
zachary dopson

I guess I made a bad choice buying the CDJ350, but it looked so promising.  Just unboxed it yesterday, plugged it in, added the.tsi.

• Running Ver.1.06 firmware.
  • Traktor Scratch Pro ver 2.6.0
  • USB hub in Traktor Z2 mixer.......

LETS Describe the PROBLEM

• jog wheels work with vinly mode turned off. (unlit blue light)
  • Initiate a loop - > scratch (all is good) -> exit loop (No MORE JOG WHEELS) until deleting generic MIDI and re-adding.  HAPPENS EVERY TIME.
February 06, 2013 11:41
User photo
Martin Starostka Haugaard

I have the exact same problem with my CDJ-850s.

February 25, 2013 21:08
User photo
Pulse
Pioneer DJ

@zachary > With CDJ350 firmware 1.08, 1.20 drivers, Traktor 2.6.1 and the 1.01 TSI I was unable to replicate the issue you describe under Windows 7-64bit. Please try again with the latest and see if it still happens.

@Martin > Was the problem you were having the same as @zachary or another user?

To anyone else still following this thread, please try with the latest versions and if you still require assistance, let us know.

April 24, 2013 13:46
User photo
Martin Starostka Haugaard

Yes it's the same as @zachary. I'm running the newest firmware, and newest Traktor Pro.

April 24, 2013 19:25
User photo
Gavin
Pioneer DJ

@Martin > Are you still having issues?

May 10, 2013 04:35
User photo
Gavin
Pioneer DJ

Closing ticket due to lack of response.

May 28, 2013 23:38
Topic is closed for comments