Forums/Pioneer Gear/CDJ-350

Answered

[SOLVED] cdj 350 with virtual dj

Giorgos Christou
asked this on November 23, 2011 03:21

Hi. I am trying to set my cdj's 350 to work with the virtual dj 7.0.5 but i have a problem.Every half a minute the sound from one of the 2 decks stops playing but on the cdj' and virtual dj it shows that the song is playing but no sound. I have uptated to the latest firmware driver and vdj but still have the problem. Do you know what can cause this?  My other choice is traktor but the only bad thing is that there is no display on the screen of the cdj and the buttons do not light up. Is there a new mapping file that can fix this?

Comments

User photo
DJ-Ric

this is the same on traktor, when i first started using it, my sound cut out all the time, it turned out just to be the latency buffer size, i have no idea where in VDJ it is but have a look in the settings and increase the size of the buffer

November 25, 2011 08:46
User photo
mintzax

If you change buffer to 512 from asio properties, the problem will stop.

I don't use asio card on vdj 7.0.5. There is a "pioneer cdj 350 -1" & "pioneer cdj 350 -2" selection, or something like that. I do not have my laptop now   to see it.

December 06, 2011 19:44
User photo
Soare Emanuel

I'm  a similar problem, except that the signal stops me half an hour, using vdj 7.
Sometimes when out of midi, get the cd and when I get on midi channels back reverses players and channel of mixer.
Sometimes I get both players on a single channel of the mixer.

I am wrong in setting or?
Can find a tutorial somewhere?

January 19, 2012 11:21
User photo
mintzax

go to "mapping" and delete the "eject" control. When you eject the cd it refreshes the cd players and reverses the players.

January 19, 2012 20:52
User photo
mintzax

CORRECTIO:

a) SETTING -> "MAPPERS" and delete the action of  Eject key 

b) Sound setup INPUTS: None

OUTPUTS: EXTERNAL MIXER - Deck 1 : First card / Deck 2 : Second card

SOUND CARD: 2 CARDS +........    -  & pioneer cdj 350 -1" & "pioneer cdj 350 -2 SELECTION

January 19, 2012 21:01
User photo
dammika pradeep doolawla

hey i have connected my 350 cdj's to my laptop they work good with vdj 7 the only problem is the sound cuts out now and then and unless i press play/pause or cue or move the pitch control on the cdjs the sound comes back.if i don't touch anything the tracks are still playing just no sound. can anyone help please.    i have use a duel cor 1.8 1gb ram desktop computer,  cor2 do 2.8 4gb ram Compaq laptop and cor i5 3gn ram hp laptop still have same issue

March 02, 2012 06:32
User photo
mintzax

Do not use asio drivers. That causes all the problems. 

Look my settings. I HAVE NO PROBLEM with this settings

a) SETTING -> "MAPPERS" and delete the action of  Eject key 

b) Sound setup INPUTS: None

OUTPUTS: EXTERNAL MIXER - Deck 1 : First card / Deck 2 : Second card

SOUND CARD: 2 CARDS +........    -  & pioneer cdj 350 -1" & "pioneer cdj 350 -2 SELECTION (or opposite)

March 02, 2012 06:48
User photo
dammika pradeep doolawla

thank you mintzax  thank you very much..........  its worked for me

March 04, 2012 15:49
User photo
dammika pradeep doolawla

i have another problem when i map my cdj 350 with virtual dj 7 its only can map one batten. if i map another one first one not work  ;(

March 04, 2012 15:53
User photo
mintzax

dammika pradeep doolawla

Configure the Multi Player’s MIDI channels.
1 Press and hold the [DISPLAY (UTILITY)] button for 1 second or longer to switch to UTILITY mode.
2 Turn the rotary selector and select [MIDI CH]. Press the rotary selector to choose your selection.
3 Turn the rotary selector and select a MIDI channel (1–4). Press the rotary selector to choose your
selection.
The initial configuration of the MIDI mapping file will map the MIDI channels to corresponding
TRAKTOR PRO decks as shown in the following table.
CDJ-350 MIDI channel TRAKTOR PRO deck
MIDI CH 1 Deck A
MIDI CH 2 Deck B
MIDI CH 3 Deck C
MIDI CH 4 Deck D
The MIDI channel for the multi-player is set to CH 1 (Channel 1) by factory settings. Following the
mappings in the table above, set each CDJ-350 MIDI channel you wish to use to one of the channels
between CH 1 and CH 4.
4 Press the rotary selector again to save the changes to the MIDI channel configuration.
Press the [DISPLAY (UTILITY)] button to exit UTILITY mode.

or visit http://www.pioneer.eu/files/support/DJ/CDJ-350/CDJ-350-TRAKTOR-PRO_En.pdf   page 4

March 04, 2012 22:29
User photo
dammika pradeep doolawla

thank you Andrew Mintzas  thank you very much

March 08, 2012 22:11
User photo
mintzax

No problem...!!!

March 08, 2012 22:46
User photo
dammika pradeep doolawla

my cdj 350 is one month old now there is a jog weel issue. when i turn it so noisy and feel ruff why is that? 

March 12, 2012 06:19
User photo
dammika pradeep doolawla

my cdj 350 is one month old now there is a jog weel issue. when i turn it so noisy and feel ruff why is that? 

March 12, 2012 06:19
User photo
Foster
Pioneer DJ

@dammika > Is the Jog wheel physically producing a rough noise, or do you mean when you move the jog wheel, the audio distorts and sounds rough?

March 13, 2012 08:50
User photo
Gavin
Pioneer DJ

@Dammika > In addition to Fosters questions, how do you store the units when not in use / in travel?

March 13, 2012 10:29
User photo
dammika pradeep doolawla

@ foster  yes physically producing a rough noise  im not travel it  only my room

March 13, 2012 16:03
User photo
dammika pradeep doolawla

@ Foster i got my cdj 350  2012 .1.27  i return one of them within 4 day bc that noise and i revised new one but after two three days i got that issue 

March 13, 2012 16:07
User photo
dammika pradeep doolawla

i  feel touching something with jog well 

March 13, 2012 16:08
User photo
dammika pradeep doolawla

i store it on my table and cover with a cloth when i not in use

March 13, 2012 16:10
User photo
dammika pradeep doolawla

i have one year international warranty but i cant change it  bc very expensive to send to pioneer dj from here ( sri lanka)

March 13, 2012 16:14
User photo
Foster
Pioneer DJ

@dammika > It would be appreciated if you could combine all the things you would like to say in 1 comment before posting please. :)

It sounds like the jog has come out of alignment, sometimes it is just a matter of trying to lift the jog wheel (not removing it) and manoeuvring it back into place. This was possible with the CDJ-400, but not exactly sure if it can be done with the CDJ-350.

If you're unable to get back in alignment, you should contact Tech Support for your region and they can point you to the nearest Authorized Pioneer Repair Centre for your region. Links and info are on the right side of this page.

Perhaps you might be able to take/ship it back to the place of purchase, and see if they will replace it for you.

March 15, 2012 01:44
User photo
dammika pradeep doolawla

there is  no pioneer dealer in our country. i returned one of them before and got a new one but within  two thee days  got same issue. im crazy now  

March 15, 2012 07:31
User photo
Pulse
Pioneer DJ

For those having problems with the audio stopping and control freezing, please see this thread.

March 15, 2012 11:01
User photo
dammika pradeep doolawla

can i copy songs to pen driver with cue point and loops using record box

March 18, 2012 20:23
User photo
dammika pradeep doolawla

heyyyyyyyy don't you like to help meeeee

March 21, 2012 16:07
User photo
DJ-Ric
You can copy cue points and loops from rekord box, but only with the 900, and 2000's not with the 350's
March 22, 2012 03:09
User photo
dammika pradeep doolawla

:( thank you

March 23, 2012 19:00
User photo
Pulse
Pioneer DJ

@dammika > Sorry for not getting back to you sooner, we were busy in Miami with the Winter Music Conference.  As @DJ-Ric noted, the memory points are not available for callback on the CDJ350.

March 28, 2012 13:17
User photo
dammika pradeep doolawla

ok

April 05, 2012 07:33
User photo
Andjelo Bandovic

i have another problem when i connect them to the vdj 7 the  both players are 02 when i press eject they BOTH become 01 and the settings are correct external mixer first seconds card and CDJ 1 and CDJ 2

April 28, 2012 23:42
User photo
Pulse
Pioneer DJ

@Andjelo > When you start VDJ, it should ask you which deck you want the player to control; are you saying that you have independent control over each virtual deck until you press the eject button?

April 29, 2012 09:24
User photo
Andjelo Bandovic

fixed it!!  it started as 2 and 2 but i fixed it at vdj also  i have a buzzy sound from 1 cdj  but when i change to another laptop the sound is clear! the problem might be on the usb port?

May 03, 2012 01:02
User photo
Pulse
Pioneer DJ

Is the buzzing in the audio?  It could be your laptop creating a ground-loop; you may find that disconnecting the power cord makes the buzz disappear; if you're on a PC, there are also a couple of other things you can check to do with the APCI power management.

May 03, 2012 09:53
User photo
dammika pradeep doolawla

hellow i wanna noise sound effect for virtual dj can anyone help me but my virtual dj software is not commercial version :) 

May 06, 2012 08:45
User photo
Pulse
Pioneer DJ

@dammika > Are you saying you're running a cracked version or an LE version?

May 06, 2012 08:59
User photo
dammika pradeep doolawla

@puse yes dear :(

May 14, 2012 07:25
User photo
dammika pradeep doolawla

@ pulse yes its cracked vitiation

May 14, 2012 07:26
User photo
Pulse
Pioneer DJ

@dammika > Sorry, I can't help you with a pirated version of the software.

May 15, 2012 06:06
User photo
dammika pradeep doolawla

how much commercial  version

May 16, 2012 07:22
User photo
Pulse
Pioneer DJ
May 16, 2012 13:09
User photo
dammika pradeep doolawla

hey pulse how can i change mt cdj 350 i still have 6 month worrenty . can i change it to cdj 850 bc my cdj 350 have a issue when i rotate jog wheel physically make a noise dear i can hear and feel it to my hand    

July 10, 2012 19:57
User photo
Gavin
Pioneer DJ

@Dammika > If there is an issue with your CDJ350, we would advise you to return to where you bought it. You can let them know you would like to upgrade it to an 850 but they are under no obligation to do so. Therefore, your best bet would be to get it fixed, sell it and then buy the 850.

July 10, 2012 23:41
User photo
dammika pradeep doolawla

hellow how can i get cdj 350 service manual ? plz help me

September 11, 2012 20:49
User photo
Gavin
Pioneer DJ

@Dammika > You don't get the service manual - they are not publicly available.

September 12, 2012 23:03
User photo
dammika pradeep doolawla

@Gavinplz tell me how can i get it or download it??/ plzzzzzzzzzz      and plz can u tell me a trusted web sit for  buy dj equipment  plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

October 03, 2012 17:36
User photo
Gavin
Pioneer DJ

@Dammika > You don't get the service manual - they are not publicly available.

Buy from any reputable dealer in your area.

October 11, 2012 08:05
User photo
dammika pradeep doolawla

:(

October 15, 2012 17:42
User photo
Jon Ovel

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum so hello everybody, like everybody else (it seems!) I have a issue with the 350s, I don't have the drop out problem in the threads above - perhaps that's because I switch frequently from disc to PC, my issue is this: when I switch from PC to USB on the 350 everything cuts out! I have named the players 1 & 2 and use in the same lap top port every time (Laptop is HP Windows 7 loads of memory used for music only), The USB to disc changeover works, just PC to USB, Ideas anyone?

Also are the CDJ 350s compatible with PCDJ VJ? If they are how do I set that up?

One more thing it all runs through a DJM 350 mixer.

November 17, 2012 01:18
User photo
Gavin
Pioneer DJ

@Jon > Welcome to the forums. Please, in future, if you are having issues open a new thread as we could miss problems tagged on to other threads,

What you describe - switching from PC to USB - is normal. The soundcard needs to cut out the signal from the PC. Unfortunately, these is no other way around this.

If PCDJ VJ is MIDI compatible (which it is) then you should be able to play away fine. You will need to map the functions to the software as you see fit. Perhaps VirtualDJ may be a better fit for you however?

November 19, 2012 09:00
User photo
Jon Ovel

Hi Gavin,

Thanks for that, if the USB is playing on deck 1 and I select PC on deck 2 surely this should not happen?

I am using a licensed copy of VDJ 7, just wondered if anyone knew if it was compatible with PCDJ VJ

November 19, 2012 10:57
User photo
Jon Ovel

P.S. how do you open a new thread?

November 19, 2012 10:58
User photo
Gavin
Pioneer DJ

Going from USB to PC should be ok I believe - going from PC to USB may cause issues though.

To open a new thread, just navigate to the subforum and then choose Add Article.

November 19, 2012 11:32
User photo
Marcos Aurélio Sousa

Hello I am having problem with the connection of cdjs350 with VirtualDJ. I got to get it working normally, but suddenly one of the decks not playing, I hung up and called again and now I carry on a track playing on deck while other like a clone. I can not load another track on the other deck. I've tried to change the configuration of the display utility MIDI channel one channel for each deck but not solved, changed the sound card configuration in every way and not solved. Someone help me please. Sorry for bad English, I used the translator.

December 15, 2012 21:28
User photo
Gavin
Pioneer DJ

@Marcos > Did you get your problem resolved?

February 25, 2013 10:23
Topic is closed for comments