Forums/Pioneer Gear/DJM Mixers

Recording using the DJM-2000

Pulse
posted this on November 23, 2011 18:10

It got asked a bunch, so I made two videos; one for Mac and one for PC...

Comments

User photo
matabjeff

Im recording via audacity. And the sound out is way too low. Still it`s all maxed out. What is the professional way of recording getting standard sound out ? 

Yes i`m using all the above specs. 

Thx 

November 27, 2011 10:46
User photo
Pulse
Pioneer DJ

@matabjeff > Provided you have gone through the Club Setup menu and set the digital output level to -5dB, as described in the video, and you have the channel gains set so the channels peak at 0dB, when the channel fader is all they way up (10) and the master output level is set so the master also peaks at 0dB, the recording into the computer should be at -5dB.  The "professional" standard is what the digital output was defaulted to, -19dB, but it's not as useful for DJs who just want to broadcast or record their sets with minimal effort.

What is "way too low / maxed out"?

November 27, 2011 14:02
User photo
matabjeff

Hello again. I have set my digital output level to -5db in the club setup menu. Im not into all the standard names. But the TRIM should point straight up or at +9 ? My master is pointing on 0. And the volume controller that goes vertically should be at 10 as well or what ? When my macbook air volume is at max i still get very low sound out from the record. And all the controls are maxed out. 

Thx 

November 30, 2011 05:43
User photo
Pulse
Pioneer DJ

@matabjeff > Your channel trim should be set so your channel is peaking around the 0dB mark.  With the channel EQs straight up (zeroed) and the channel fader at the top, if the crossfader is disabled, you adjust the master output level so the meter there is peaking the same as the channel. That will give you a -5dB output, which is not quiet at all.

November 30, 2011 06:55
User photo
Matt Jackson

i get so many djs using my kit these days that dont understand the basic's when it comes to output level control its quite shocking... no disrespect intended here but this is basic stuff!

December 13, 2011 00:54
User photo
FSR

Hey guys - nice post! However, I have a problem. Ok my gear is 2X CDJ 2000s + 1X DJM 2000. I really want to be able to record my mixes, but tried getting audacity and it doesn't run on Lion, so I cannot use it. What are other feasible options for recording my mixes? I started using DJ controllers, and really liked how easy it was to record my mixes at high bitrate, but now I find it extremely frustrating that I am using my iPhone to record my higher quality mixes w/ my new gear! Please help! I would really appreciate it.

Also, regarding traktor + my gear - do I need an audio interface to run traktor or not? I just have the software and my gear, and tried setting it up last night and couldn't get it to work as it should... basically, was able to control parts of traktor w/ my cdjs, but no sound at all!

December 16, 2011 05:23
User photo
FSR

Huh! I just got a beta version of audacity and I was able to open it on my mac - will keep you guys posted to see if I have any problems after looking at the audacity tutorials! Thanks a lot

December 16, 2011 05:31
User photo
Matt Jackson

im using audacity 1.3.12-beta on lion - get the latest version and youll be good to go!

December 16, 2011 05:50
User photo
FSR

<EDIT> Removed; already being dealt with in another thread, please don't cross-post.

December 20, 2011 06:06
User photo
phildw01

hi im trying to use this cool feature but i have a problem, when im tring to switch to 6-channel out 2 channel input 16 bit in the djm 2000 setting its not giving me the option to do so, its saying your djm 2000 is not connected??

any ideas

December 25, 2011 15:23
User photo
phildw01

also ive got all drivers installed and the latest rekordbox

December 25, 2011 23:29
User photo
FSR

@phildw01: The DJM-2000 has to be connected to the computer and turned on to be able to switch it. I know this sounds stupid, but is it connected through USB? In the beginning, I remember trying to switch it w/o connecting it and had the same problem.

December 26, 2011 04:45
User photo
phildw01

i have turned it on, its connected through the ethernet cable is this right???

December 26, 2011 04:56
User photo
FSR

No, it has to be connected through USB! Give it a try and you'll see! I usually have them linked through ethernet to access tracks from rekordbox, and USB connected to record the mixes. Let me know how it goes.

December 26, 2011 04:58
User photo
phildw01

so what cable do i need to get???

December 26, 2011 05:00
User photo
FSR

just a usb cable, w/ one end allowing connection to the back of the djm-2000 (lower right side if looking at the back of the djm-2000) and the other end allowing connection to your computer - you should've received one w/ the djm i think?! if not, i am sure you have one lying around your house somewhere, as it is a very common cable

December 26, 2011 05:03
User photo
FSR
December 26, 2011 05:04
User photo
phildw01

right mate ive done it, it works fine, but ive noticed thats when u turn the master volume up and down it adjusts the levels in audacity.

December 26, 2011 05:35
User photo
Pulse
Pioneer DJ

Yeah, that's normal -- the USB output is parallel to the master and as such, changes made to the master volume knob on the mixer will be reflected in the recording levels in your software.

December 28, 2011 10:53
User photo
lee

question to anyone can help ive setup as pulse sugested but my djm 2000 is not showing up in audacity why is this? help!!!

February 17, 2012 07:25
User photo
Foster
Pioneer DJ

@lee > Are you using a Mac or Windows?
Please watch the video again and double check you complete everything exactly the same. 

February 20, 2012 15:29
User photo
lee

sorry ive not replied been away!!! ye am on windows 7 ive gone thru everything but it only shows up in the playback option but not the record option ?

March 08, 2012 07:47
User photo
Pulse
Pioneer DJ

@lee > Are you sure you set your configuration software to select 6/2 mode?

March 09, 2012 07:20
User photo
dave woj

ok i have a HP, windows 7 and the version of audacity im using is VLC 1.3 3. i tried using 1.3 beta and i kept getting an error when i would try to change the preferences to djm2000. anywho i got the 1.3 3 installed and everything went ok... so, i hit the record button and nothing will record... i tried changing everything from the WME to DIRECT DJM2000, and nothing will record, i dont have traktor so i cant use that and the other program i have is virtual dj which i dont like, however that wont record the effects of the mixer as well... so if you could help out i would appreciate it!

March 09, 2012 23:26
User photo
lee

not sure?? you mean my pc config or audacity config? how do i set it pulse?

March 10, 2012 00:33
User photo
Foster
Pioneer DJ

@lee + @dave > Have you followed the video for PC that is posted at the top of this thread? (PC is the bottom video)

Please watch the video and follow the exact same steps and use the exact same settings as Pulse.

March 10, 2012 00:39
User photo
dave woj

i did everything 4 times... i even did a reboot everytime it wasnt successful... uninstalled and reinstalled audacity! i have messed with it for over an hour and a half...  im just gonna sell the 2000(even though i love it!) and get something different cause i have had an issue with this forever, and i though this was the answer but apparently its not

March 10, 2012 01:10
User photo
dave woj

ok, lol so i went to my 3rd back up which is actually a shitty netbook... it records, with effects, however the sound is soooo low you can barely hear it... any tips on how to fix that?

March 10, 2012 02:44
User photo
FSR

@dave - that low volume i think is a hardware limitation right Pulse?

unlike some dj controllers, where changing the gain (but not the master volume), you increase the volume of your mix, with the djm 2000 you modify the volume of your mix by moving the master volume knob - at least thats the only way i could get it to record and its a pain in the ass because i can't record at my place too loud, and varying the master knob constantly changes, in turn, the final volume of the mix, unless im missing something?

if its a hardware limitation, i would like to know finally for sure; cause its annoying to have to crank up the master volume knob just to get enough volume on my recorded mix (independent of the gain knobs) - anyone knows what i mean?

thanks,

F

March 13, 2012 05:50
User photo
Pulse
Pioneer DJ

@Francisco / @dave > See 1:25 of the PC setup video where I talk about the level output.

@dave > You need to use ASIO drivers for the DJM-2000 and be sure to follow the instructions in the video for setup.  If you're still having problems, let me know.

March 13, 2012 05:58
User photo
FSR

hey Pulse:

Yes, I set it up to -5 from the very first day; i followed the instructions exactly as you showed them, and still have those problems. 

to overcome it, i had to lower down the volume on my monitors to almost a zero position, so that i could crank up the master enough for it to show up on my computer (audacity, or garage band, or anything else i use to record; it doesn't matter its always low unless i crank up the master volume)

i know im not the only one that has experienced this before since i've seen similar posts with similar questions - i just want to know if its a hardware limitation and the only way to get around it is to crank up the master very significantly to get a high basal level in the computer and just use the gains from there (but having the monitors set at a really low volume)... you know my issue right?

March 13, 2012 06:03
User photo
Pulse
Pioneer DJ

@Francisco > Are you using the USB for recording or the digital output?

March 13, 2012 06:09
User photo
Pulse
Pioneer DJ

With the club system menu output set to -5dB, when you are hitting 0dB on the meters, Audacity will record at -5dB.  If you have it set to -19dB, it will be at -19dB when you peak at 0dB on the mixer, this applies to the USB output and the coax digital output.

March 13, 2012 06:26
User photo
FSR

@Pulse - yes, im using usb

i guess my question is - why do i have to crank up the master so high to be able to record in my computer? other platforms, like my cheap vci-300mkii controller did not care about the master volume - it only cares about the gain knobs and it records at a constant volume throughout the mix UNLESS i modify the gain knobs - whereas in the djm 2000, if i move the master knob, it automatically lowers the volume of the mix being recorded (and the final recorded mix); of course i can also do this with the gain, but why is the master knob modifying the recorded volume instead of being independent of that? i guess im not explaining it very well... 

its similar to this post - http://forums.pioneerdj.com/entries/20357843-djm-2000-asio-recording

thanks a lot pulse; you are always very helpful; im just trying to figure out if its hardware limitation or not?

March 13, 2012 06:58
User photo
Pulse
Pioneer DJ

@Francisco > That would be because the VCI uses a recording bus output -- and the DJM-2000 does as well via its analog REC outputs, but the output to digital and USB is post-master.

March 13, 2012 07:47
User photo
FSR

ok now i get it - so you would recommend using an analog recording device to deal with this specific problem? could you recommend some good options?

its just annoying that i had to turn down my monitors to almost zero to avoid having to mix at very loud volumes that are still subject to modification if i move the master knob you know?

how do you deal with this specific problem when recording over usb?

you just set the master at around 0 and not touch it for the entire session? or how do you do it to maintain a constant volume over the mix?

thanks a lot pulse - again you're very helpful

F

March 13, 2012 07:51
User photo
Pulse
Pioneer DJ

Not at all - I would ask why you're not running your master at 0dB anyhow!  Since way back on the DJM500, the optimal balance of audio (primarily for the headphones) was to run the channel gain so the meters peaked at 0dB and the master peaked the same; this allowed for equal audio level between the master and channel when cueing when the mix balance was set at 12.  If you have a specific reason for having the master lower, then that's certainly valid and you can compensate by adjusting the mix knob, but as the digital / USB outputs are also tied to the master level, why not just keep it up?

March 13, 2012 07:55
User photo
FSR

hey pulse - thanks for replying. really the only reason to have it lower is because i wouldn't have to turn down my monitors because it gets excessively loud accidentally. that is why, for recording purposes, i cranked the master (to be able to record through usb) and turned down my monitors to almost zero. that is really the only reason i didn't want to have it so high (so that i didn't end up blowing my ears up because of not compensating for volume in my monitors); i guess i was just very used to my controller before i upgraded, and thus thought it was weird that it was like this. so you would suggest that i continue as im doing? i.e. keeping the master around 0, w/o touching it at all, and just manipulating the volumes with the gain knob while i compensate for volume on my monitors? how do you have it set up? and how do you compensate for a volume that is too high unless you turn down the monitors? i just wanna rule out that im doing something wrong. thanks pulse, F

March 13, 2012 09:02
User photo
Pulse
Pioneer DJ

@Francisco > Everything on my mixer is always going out at 0dB and I attenuate at the next stage, be it my post-processor or at the speakers.  I actually use my booth output in the studio so I can better adjust the volume of my monitor speakers directly at the mixer.

The best bet is to adjust the gain for each track you play so it peaks the same (wherever you choose to have it peaking) and the master should match that mark.

March 13, 2012 09:05
User photo
FSR

Pulse - that sounds good then. I actually do not understand very well how i could use the booth output. you mean you could use the booth output to actually lower the volume of the monitors w/o physically touching them, and thus avoiding the need to touch the master volume knob? is that what you mean?

if so, how can i set it up to do that? my set up is pretty simple, just mixer to monitors using rca cables plus 2 cdj 2ks

if what i think you're saying is true, then being able to do that is just exactly what i would like to do (i.e. selectively lower output through the monitors w/o affecting volume of the mix being recorded). 

let me know; this would make me extremely happy

thanks,

F

March 13, 2012 09:12
User photo
Pulse
Pioneer DJ

@Francisco > Yes; exactly that, but you'd need either some adapters or new cables as the output from the booth connection is 1/4", not RCA.  You'd control the volume of your monitors via the booth knob and the master can stay at whatever level for recording.

March 13, 2012 09:33
User photo
FSR

@Pulse - you just made my day!

So I can route 1/4 to 1/4 from booth output directly to the monitors then right?

Then just keep my usb connections intact (cdj - mixer - cdj).

Then just eliminate the master rca connections to the monitors (these would be replaced by booth output connections) right?

This would do it?

If so, I'll go grab the cables today! I've been meaning to get 1/4"s for a while now but just been lazy.

That would do it?

Thanks Pulse - - F

March 13, 2012 09:45
User photo
Pulse
Pioneer DJ

Exactly.  Makes you wonder why you weren't doing it sooner, doesn't it?  ;)

March 13, 2012 09:48
User photo
FSR

yeah, makes you feel stupid hahah. i mean i kinda thought that such an expensive piece of equipment couldn't have been flawed like this... and if it had a minor flaw, that there was a way around it! now i know its not really a flaw and thanks to you i know how to get around it ,so i'll set that up tonight and let you know if i ran into any problems! thanks again Pulse! - - F

March 13, 2012 09:51
User photo
FSR

Pulse - thought I might give an update on the set up - it worked perfectly. I know other people have had this issue before and did not know how to solve it using the booth output. It completely solved my problem!! Thanks a lot! - - F

March 14, 2012 07:39
User photo
matabjeff

I will as welll try this setup when i get home. This will solve my low recording sound? '

thx

March 25, 2012 15:31
User photo
matabjeff

One more question. The 1/4"s .. to i plug them in on the "unbalanced trs" on my monitors. And how does this affect quality contra xlr cables?

Thx

March 25, 2012 15:45
User photo
Benno Revelli

a little offtopic but here you go:

XLRs filter out noise because they have a third pin (Ground, Shield) so any noise in the cable will not affect audio (which IS the case with trs/rca)

However, for XLRs to work properly, the entire system must be balanced (so the source an the amp/monitor must be truly balanced)

In your case your DJM-2000 and Monitors

XLRs are generally preferred for long distances and areas with a lot of interference (like on big festivals with cables beyond 40 Meter,etc)

but.. XLRs have better sonic capabilities even with short cable lengths.. (theoretically) 

However..

in the average home environment you wouldn't be able to tell the difference on a 3 meter unbalanced cable.
hope this helps! 

March 25, 2012 20:52
User photo
matabjeff

Yo !

This was a good answer. Exaxtly what i needed to know.

Thx from Snorre A (oil rig)

March 25, 2012 20:55
User photo
Pulse
Pioneer DJ

To solve some misinformation in Benno's post... 

- XLRs do not "filter" noise; the shielding simply prevents the cable from acting as an antenna and picking-up any external noise / signal

- TRS (Tip Ring Sleeve) is the exact same as an XLR because it is balanced and has a shielded cable; TS (Tip Sleeve) does not as it is missing the ring connection for the shield

- not everything needs to be balanced in order for it to work; if the input and output device both have balanced connections, you're better to use them but they'll work just fine regardless

- XLRs don't have "better sonic capabilities" than any other cable; XLR is simply the connection type, the cable itself can vary wildly depending on the quality and construction

March 28, 2012 12:55
User photo
Emmanuel
I finally got this to work. But I am noticing that on certain tracks my audio is distorting / clipping since I made this change. I have my mixer set to -3 then to -6 to try to solve this, but does setting the digital max out to -5 have anything to do?. I just got the mixer and played 2 hours no issues. Did this change and on some track few now it distorts and clips. Any relation?
April 17, 2012 15:13
User photo
Pulse
Pioneer DJ

@Emmanuel > If you have the output levels set higher than previously, you need to remember that you shouldn't have the master meter levels going above +5dB as that would cause digital clipping (because the output is -5 and say you go to +6, the difference is +1 and anything above 0 in digital world is pure distortion).  Try backing your levels off a bit so your audio software meters never peak above -5dB.

April 19, 2012 05:48
User photo
T-Top

Where can I get your wallpaper you had on the mac?

May 02, 2012 09:54
User photo
Zeus Tunage

not sure if this will helps anyone but when I record in audacity i notice my levels are not bouncing at 0................ but there is a setting in audacity that allows you to boost the levels............. highlight all of your wave file then go to the menu>effects>amplify that does the trick for me :) when i do this the levels start to bounch into 0 (when its doing this it will show you how much its amplifing by)

May 02, 2012 23:28
User photo
Zeus Tunage

guys currently i'm using the master output and xlr's to output to my krk 8's.... im going to give this booth output a try, what cables do i need? can anyone supply a link and i'll grab them off ebay

just wanna make sure i dont buy the wrong cables lol (#ivedonethisb4)

much appreciated

July 05, 2012 23:46
User photo
Pulse
Pioneer DJ

@Zeus > Sorry I missed your previous note -- typically I record at -6dB peaks in case I have any effects or mixes that take the overall peak levels louder.  I then use the amplify or even a normalisation to bring the levels up closer to 0dB peaks afterwards.

As for the booth output, you want either a 1/4 to 1/4 or a 1/4 to XLR (male) as the booth output is 1/4" and your speakers accept both 1/4" and XLR.

July 06, 2012 03:40
User photo
FSR

out of the booth is definitely the way to go - i do 1/4 to 1/4 out of the booth, and the recordings are just excellent. i'd say start using out of the booth exclusively if you want to record your sets or really just always use it like that - i'd avoid amplifying, as that usually distorts the recording a bit...

July 06, 2012 04:04
User photo
Pulse
Pioneer DJ

@Francisco > You shouldn't be using the booth output to record from; that's why there's a REC output and the ability to record over USB.

July 06, 2012 04:07
User photo
FSR

i record over usb - but the booth output solves the problem with the gain - you can leave the gain high enough for it to record at a decent volume into the computer, but be able to manipulate the volume of the speakers separately without affecting the gain levels of the recording - its the same issue we've talked over and over over a bunch of posts does it make sense?

July 06, 2012 04:10
User photo
Pulse
Pioneer DJ

You can also adjust the output level in the club-settings menu (as shown in the videos in the first post)... so that avoids the problems as well but keeps the signal digital.

July 06, 2012 04:13
User photo
FSR

hi pulse - yes, i just want to point out that i did all of this too, at the beginning, and still had to crank up the gain excessively and etc. it did not solve the problem (see previous posts as well as other posts about this) and personally, the very best solution, perfect solution i'd say, is to put it at -6dB, yes, and record through usb, but use the booth output to control the volume of the speakers without affecting the gain... 

This was the post that solve all my problems:

@Pulse - you just made my day!

So I can route 1/4 to 1/4 from booth output directly to the monitors then right?

Then just keep my usb connections intact (cdj - mixer - cdj).

Then just eliminate the master rca connections to the monitors (these would be replaced by booth output connections) right?

This would do it?

If so, I'll go grab the cables today! I've been meaning to get 1/4"s for a while now but just been lazy.

That would do it?

Thanks Pulse - - F

July 06, 2012 04:22
User photo
Zeus Tunage

thanks guys this is all starting to make sense :) i take it by saying -6 we are talking about the master att at the back of the mixer? so set that to minus 6 then 5- in the club set up set your levels to bounce into 0 on your channels and master  then use the booth monitor to control my volume on my krks right?

July 06, 2012 13:09
User photo
Zeus Tunage

thanks guys this is all starting to make sense :) i take it by saying -6 we are talking about the master att at the back of the mixer? so set that to minus 6 then 5- in the club set up set your levels to bounce into 0 on your channels and master  then use the booth monitor to control my volume on my krks right?

July 06, 2012 13:10
User photo
Zeus Tunage

booth monitor working a treat, thx guys... wish i had done this when i first got my krk's :) you can really crank up your monitors now and your recording levels stay in the green......... even sound through headphones too compared to one side being really strong and the other not so strong

happy with the results and looking forward to doing a mix now

great support on this forum man, loving it :)

July 12, 2012 02:14
User photo
Dj Godz Apprentice
In the video you set the audio out to 16Bit 96khz, the mixer had the option to change between 48khz and 96khz but how do I change from 16bit to 24bit..? Cheers. Danny.
July 15, 2012 08:37
User photo
Pulse
Pioneer DJ

@Danny > Mac or PC?

July 15, 2012 19:03
User photo
Dj Godz Apprentice
Sorry man yea I am using mac. Lion os x 10.7
July 15, 2012 22:07
User photo
Blasha

Hi Pulse,

What db should the trim and master level be reaching when i'm recording and should it be the same when I'm performing? 

July 22, 2012 00:34
User photo
Pulse
Pioneer DJ

@Blasha > I like to aim for the 0dB mark for peaks.  In your software, aim slightly lower - digital clipping is unforgiving, so set your peaks for around -6dB and then adjust the whole recording afterward.

July 24, 2012 10:05
User photo
Trance 24/7

Hello pulse,

I noticed that having it set to -5 the volume was to high so i decided to convert it to -10!...I'm getting the output i want which is at 0 and can turn the volume beyond that or below - with using the master volume,which i couldn't do before...it's sounding the way i wanted it when a bought the mixer over a year ago!.Thank you so much and all the best!. 

July 28, 2012 22:24
User photo
Pulse
Pioneer DJ

Glad to hear it!

July 29, 2012 16:24
User photo
cesar moran

I read a rumor that the DJM-2000 might be going away is that right or just a rumor? Might be being replaced with a new model? 

October 04, 2012 07:08
User photo
Mathijs Dubbe

Hi, looking to buy two cdj2000nxs + djm2000. is there going to be a djm2000 nexus too be launched too?

October 07, 2012 07:26
User photo
scott

Hi Pulse,

Hope you help me!

I have x 2 cdj2000's linked to a djm 2000 and running rekord box via my mac.

i have downloaded audacity to record my mixes and followed the above videos to ensure the set up is correct, however when i record my mixes the volume is minimal on playback.

i am quite new to all the set up so please could you give me a step by step to help with this issue or is there are better way to record to my Mac?

appreciate any help

Thanks

October 18, 2012 09:26
User photo
FSR

^ read my posts - the solution is to keep the master constant and record OUT OF THE BOOTH with TRS cables - read my posts - the solution was in the conversation between Pulse and me

October 19, 2012 04:13
User photo
Lukas Zollinger

hi! 

1st of all I want to thank you for the videos above. But I do have a problem:

Setup: I connected my DJM-2000 to my 2 CDJ-2000's and to my MacBook Pro (OSX 10.8.2) using the ethernet cables and the USB cable. With rekordbox 2.0.1 I'm able to connect them how it's supposed to be.

Problem: The DJM-2000 driver 1.1.0 doesn't seem to work with my version of OSX and the settings icon doesn't show up in my system preferences. I tried using Audacity (2.0.2) anyway but the DJM doesn't appear in my device list either. Is there a solution for that problem or do I just have to wait until Pioneer releases the new driver for Mountain Lion? 

cheers!

October 21, 2012 10:09
User photo
oakstream
Silver

@Lukas This is from the Pioneer DJ support page:

Verification of OS X Mountain Lion v10.8 support driver software is planned in end of October, 2012.

http://pioneerdj.com/support/product.php?lang=en&p=DJM-2000&...

I'm using DJM-2000 with Mountain Lion and recording mixes via USB and it works perfect. Try to re-install the driver or wait till Pioneer have verified the driver.

October 24, 2012 21:01
User photo
alinamack

I'm totally lost on this would appreciate the help. When i record using the Audio 10 the recording volume is low, I have turned up the master on the mixer, as well as the recording and gain levels on traktor to no avail. My input chancels are all set to Line.

Appreciate the help. Thx

October 30, 2012 20:55
User photo
Julien G.

@Pulse > Where are the videos you made? Could you give me the links please?

November 18, 2012 14:22
User photo
Julien G.

Oh woops, the 2 videos JUST appeared above, my bad!

November 18, 2012 14:22
User photo
Gavin
Pioneer DJ

@alinamack > Have you followed the videos by Pulse at the very top of this thread?

December 05, 2012 08:40
User photo
david harison

Hi, I am using windows7. In the beginning of the video you click on the DJM2000 driver settings icon. I have installed the latest driver, fireware is upto date aswell. But the DJM2000 driver setting icon does not apear anywhere. What should I do?

Regars

December 09, 2012 16:13
User photo
david harison

Sorry to bother u guys, The driver utiliy was in the start menu.

Regards

December 09, 2012 16:35
User photo
david harison

Hi, I have set DJM2000 driver to the settings shown in the video, But in Audacity DJM2000 is only showing up in the playback deviced. In the recording devices there is no option available at all. And it is set on stereo setting aswell. Can anyone help?

December 10, 2012 05:56
User photo
tecjam

I'd like to have 1 thing cleared up if someone could help please ...

Recording will only work when connected via USB and NOT via LAN - Correct or false?

December 20, 2012 04:31
User photo
tecjam

Ok, the above is true, maybe it would be helpful to actually mention that in the first post!

December 20, 2012 04:42
User photo
Justin time for some Hardstyle!

Thanks for your videos Pulse. Had no issue setting up this option! I would have been lost without it!

February 18, 2013 15:25
User photo

@ Pulse

Maybe i was blind and deaf but do you use a USB from the mixer to the PC or RCA into 1/4 plug (For laptop as an example)? At the moment I use USB but am wondering if maybe I would get better "something" using RCA to my laptop Mic to record?

February 27, 2013 10:15
User photo
Gavin
Pioneer DJ

@Justin > USB would be better. RCA to 3.5mm jack to the mic input would also work but wouldn't be as optimal.

February 27, 2013 10:34
User photo

Thanks Gavin. 

Sometimes my recording sounds great however I get that track or two that is low. SOunds good over the speakers I guess but when listening to it in the car it's garbage. I don't pirate music, all my music is legal lol! I try to use AIFF either purchased that way or converted from wav however I do have a few mp3 songs when I first started. 

I'm sure everyone or most everyone has run into this issue? The gain is fine on one song, the next song it drops a little and then the next songs it's fine again. Besides adjusting the gain each time, is there a way in Audacity to keep the volume from dropping or what is the best way to record a mix and not loose volume from time to time so the mix sounds like it came from a CD and not thrown together in my bedroom?

February 27, 2013 11:55
User photo
Gavin
Pioneer DJ

@Justin > Well, the tracks may be master differently so some may output louder than others. You could use Normalisation software if you wish (e.g. Platinum Notes from Mixed In Key) to "master" all the tracks similarly. However, an essential part of DJing is ensuring that all tracks levels are the "same" from one track to the next so you need to EQ or use the Trim accordingly when recording (watch your VU meters).

February 28, 2013 01:35
User photo

Went through my playlist, the songs I am having issues with are MP3 (320 format) If I play all mp3 of course it sounds fine lol. MP3 sounds like junk most the time, Most my collection is AIFF as I said and I can hear quality over garbage... Can't wait to get rid of these mp3's

February 28, 2013 13:00
User photo
Gavin
Pioneer DJ

@Justin > If some mp3s are giving issues, try analysing them with mp3val and see if that repairs your issues.

March 01, 2013 07:19
User photo
ryan zee

hello i am having problems with the utility software.when i plug in my mixer via usb to computer the utility says "connected"  then when i try and change the soundcard setting to the middle option and press ok. it comes up with an error message saying "device in use setting cannot be changed"

is there a certain order that things need to be plugged in? help would be much appreciated i just want to start recording!ha

April 03, 2013 05:30
User photo
Gavin
Pioneer DJ

@Ryan > PC or Mac?

April 14, 2013 08:47
User photo
Jason Anthony Suttmeier

OK...  So...  I'm trying to hook up my HP laptop (windows 8) to my Nexus 2000 mixer.  So far, I haven't seem to be able to get any sort of connection.  I connected USB and ethernet cables, but NOTHING yet.  Can you help me figure this out.  I want to be able to RECORD digitally to my laptop and play music from my laptop.

May 12, 2013 08:10
User photo
phildw01
Hi guys Does the djm 2000 nexus come with the utility software like the 900 nexus does so I can turn the audio output up, I'm tryin to do a radio station but the levels are too low.

Please help

Thanks
May 21, 2013 18:22
User photo
Mr Green

yes, drivers and utility software .... 

May 21, 2013 20:39
User photo
phildw01
I'm not getting the utility software when installed on my mac book I've tried everything, Any ideas
May 21, 2013 20:57
User photo
Mr Green

sorry, i'm on PC so can't say ....

May 21, 2013 21:26
Topic is closed for comments