Forums/Software/Virtual DJ

[SOLVED] RMX 1000 and Virtual Dj

Sudeer Singh
posted this on June 17, 2012 03:32

Hi Guys

I am really interested in getting the RMX1000, but am not sure if it will be compatible to my small system.  I currently have the DDJ Ergo coupled with Virtual DJ LE,  i record some good mixes via Virtual DJ's recording feature. I want to add the RMX 1000 to this system, but i dont know if this is possible as i've seen the "send/return" ports needed to connect the RMX, which the DDJ Ergo does not have. Basically i want the RMX 1000 to affect the mixes i record on Virtual DJ. Is this possible?

If not, can you suggest how i could use the RMX 1000 with a suitable piece of software, something like Virtual DJ, to record my mixes. If i need to change my setup to suit the RMX please advise.

Thanks very much.

Comments

User photo
Pulse
Pioneer DJ

You would connect the RMX after the master output of the ERGO and then the output of the RMX would have to go into a soundcard (or possibly the AUX input on the ERGO) and then you could record from there.

June 19, 2012 12:10
User photo
Sudeer Singh

Hi Pulse, i purchased the RMX1000 and its awesome, a slight problem with the connection to my pc though, as per my previous comment in this thread. I connected the RMX after the master output of my ERGO, it works fine in that way but affects both tracks playing on deck A and deck B which is understandable. When i tried to route the RMX into the AUX input of the ERGO it doesnt really work. Am i wrong in saying that i have to map the RMX to either traktor or virtual dj so that the RMX can affect the deck i set it too? If yes, please advise how to do this or point me to a link were i can read up on how to. My main aim is to record my sets via virtual dj or traktor with the RMX effects as well.

I am definitely going to need a soundcard, so that the pc/dj software can recognize the RMX,  but i need your help with choosing one suitable. I have only the RMX and DDJ ERGO so need to get a soundcard suitable for these.

Appreciate your help.

September 22, 2012 03:52
User photo
Pulse
Pioneer DJ

@Sudeer > Sorry, you can't route it back into the software via the AUX ... well, at least, you shouldn't, as that would create a possible feedback loop and the signal levels could do some damage.  If you are looking to output via the master then return the audio via the AUX, you'd need to ensure the software is capable and configured to record the input signal from the AUX rather than looping it to the master.

October 11, 2012 17:31
User photo
Sudeer Singh

Thanks Pulse, will give it a try and let you know how it pans out

October 12, 2012 07:23
User photo
Adam Cook

This has been useful, did it work as described? I'd like to know.

October 19, 2012 03:31
User photo
Sudeer Singh

@adam, i'm still trying to figure out how to map the traktor software to do this. Would be nice if there was a video, hint hint pulse  :)

October 19, 2012 06:15
User photo
djjay
Pioneer DJ

Taken as a good suggestion for a video!!!  See what we can put together.  Is it the mapping in Traktor for the RMX that is the issue?

October 22, 2012 13:09
User photo
Sudeer Singh

@djjay, yes its mapping the RMX to work as an external effects unit in Traktor 2.5 and how to go about connecting the DDJ ERGO with the RMX to work in this way. Appreciate the help.

October 26, 2012 20:25
User photo
Pulse
Pioneer DJ

Connecting the RMX for audio is as simple as running the master outputs from the ERGO to the inputs on the RMX.  As for the mapping, I'm not going to provide a video or instruction for this as there are numerous ways of configuring the map / layout / organisation of the controller to the effects and if I do it one way, I'll certainly get asked how to do it another. It's not terribly difficult to figure out through the various mapping instructional videos and guides already available online.

April 24, 2013 05:59
Topic is closed for comments