Forums/Pioneer Gear/CDJ-2000

Answered

CDJ 2000 problems!

Kristian Køningsberg
asked this on June 23, 2012 23:38

Hi!

So suddenly one of our cdj2000 players have started to act very weird. When i try to load a track (from cd,mp3,usb) it just fast forwards thru the whole track and continues doing the same thing thru all the tracks after that! Basically...i can not use the player as it is now..! I also THINK that cue + play buttons was blinking..and also the lights on the edge of the jog wheel. None of the buttons really did anything atm!

Latest firmware is in it..i updated it yesterday to see if that would fix it but nothing changed!

They was linked for the first time when this first happened. Not straight away,but later that same night this problem suddenly happened! I also un-linked them,but nothing changed with the problem.

So..can anyone here help me out?

Comments

User photo
Gavin
Pioneer DJ

@Kristian > I'm having a little trouble understanding your issue... Can you replicate the issue over and over or does it happen, seemingly, at random? Can you make a quick video to demonstrate the issue for us?

Do you use Rekordbox in your setup? Did this issue occur with ALL media sources?

June 25, 2012 00:38
User photo
Kristian Køningsberg

The problem is on at all times! Everytime i insert a audio cd, mp3 cd or USB stick it just fast forwards thru all the songs, so yes..the same thing happened with all media!

I do not use Recordbox in my setup! I can try to record a short video of it within these next couple of days! The equipment is at the club i play at so..!

June 25, 2012 04:58
User photo
Greg Carr

sounds stupid, but the fast fwd button is not stuck IN is it?

June 25, 2012 07:38
User photo
Kristian Køningsberg

hehe, no, it´s not the button that is stuck! BUT..the player acts like that would be the case! All the buttons basically just freezes. Only way to stop is to eject!

June 26, 2012 02:07
User photo
BriChi
Silver

can you video and post a link to whats happening? would be cool to see it in action and maybe pinpoint where the fault lies

this definitely happens on cd as well?

June 26, 2012 02:20
User photo
Gavin
Pioneer DJ

@Kristian > Please post a video so we can see what happens. Do other DJs play on the same gear or is it just you? I suspect someone may have gotten over enthusiastic pressing the button and done a small bit of damage to the button.

June 26, 2012 03:07
User photo
Kristian Køningsberg

I tried the cdj 2000 again yesterday, and it worked just fine again! It has been unplugged all week because i was planning on sending it to get fixed because of the problem it was having, but i plugged it in yesterday to make a short film for you guys to see what the problem was etc! But then it worked just fine! So i will play it thru this weekend, and if the problem turns up again during these 2 days i´ll let you know, and i will also film it! 

BUT, for now it looks like it´s back to its normal self again, thank god for that :) It worked flawless last night when i was playing, so!

June 29, 2012 03:10
User photo
Jason82

This is some state of the art technology :) self repairing cdjs!

July 03, 2012 03:36
User photo
Pulse
Pioneer DJ

I'm also guessing it may be a problem with the button -- or more specifically, the contact switch below the button.  If it comes up again, please contact technical support (from the links at the right) to have the unit inspected.

July 04, 2012 06:49
User photo
Goran Džombeta

One of my Player cdj 2000 have problem with play botton !!! Help me, no green light on play ..

August 31, 2012 11:34
User photo
Gavin
Pioneer DJ

@Goran > There is no need to cross post - I've answered your question already in the other thread.

September 06, 2012 06:28