Forums/Pioneer Gear/CDJ-2000

CDJ 2000 small problem with jogwheel

Rodrigo C
posted this on August 25, 2012 16:43

hey guys just wanted to get some help wondering what may be causing the problem i am having with my cdj 2000.. i noticed that when i move the jogwheels, there makes a clicking sound and i look inside to see where it may be coming from... there seems to be something moving in the jogwheels which make those noises.. if anyone knows what i'm talking about let me know...i made a short video showing you guys this... maybe someone knows what it is... and is it something to worry about!?

link to the video...

http://youtu.be/qyN7E0Yb2Qg

Comments

User photo
Pionix
Silver

its not normal and i would return it for service if your not happy,

August 25, 2012 21:57
User photo
Rodrigo C

well everything is working fine... just that.. i feel that if i keep on using the cdj then something might break internally... that's why i worry about this piece that's stuck in there...

August 26, 2012 04:52
User photo
Gavin
Pioneer DJ

@Rodrigo > Does it have any affect on the playback? I would encourage you to take the unit in for a service. Support links are on the right >>

August 27, 2012 04:56
User photo
Rodrigo C

na i doesn't affect playblack or anything just random clicking sounds when the unit is off.. and you can see the light almost flicker as i move the jogs... TBH taking service on this unit might cost me about 150+ usd... so idk if i want to put the money on it... how easy are to open these things anyway... i and i don't know if i still have warranty as i bought the unit from a friend..

August 27, 2012 07:15
User photo
Pulse
Pioneer DJ

Can't honestly say I've ever noticed that happening on any CDJ2000 before... give tech support a call and see what they have to say.  (Links are to the right.)

August 27, 2012 17:41
User photo
Rodrigo C

from what i see... the cd player is fairly new.. and i'm sure every other piece is intact (except for the one thing in the video) so i'm not willing to replace anything. My best luck would be to open the unit try to take a look at it myself... perhaps it's nothing who knows... i think there are some youtube videos showing how to open the cd player specifically for the jogwheels...

would u guys recommend this? i went down to one pioneer repair service outlet and their services are very pricy for something very small....

August 27, 2012 18:02
User photo
Pulse
Pioneer DJ

If you bought it new, it's under warranty and would cost you nothing to be repaired.

August 27, 2012 18:33
User photo
Rodrigo C

would i need a receipt or something? cuz i  don't have that stuff since i bought it from a friend... only the warranty paper thing that came in the box... perhaps the serial number of the cdj is enough ?

August 28, 2012 15:55