Forums/Pioneer Gear/CDJ-850

Answered

[SOLVED] CDJ 850 to Traktor Issues

Peter Mot
asked this on August 22, 2012 00:30

Hello there,

I have 2x CDJ850's and am trying to connect them to my laptop via Traktor. I have followed all of the Aggregator and Traktor guides and can manage to get my CDJ's to select/ play, etc. HOWEVER. I only get the audio from BOTH CDJs coming through 1 channel. I managed to then split them up over the 2 channels, but when cueing through my headphones there would only be one in either ear. THEN I managed to get them both L+R playing, however then they were back onto the one channel....

Any help/ feedback on this issue would help me alot!!!!

Thankyou!

Comments

User photo
sergedc

@Peter Mot

Have exactly same problem since upgrade from Traktor scratch pro to Traktor Pro 2.  Using the older version everything went well.

August 22, 2012 09:20
User photo
Peter Mot

Alright mate, ill give it a shot.

Thanks!

August 22, 2012 11:33
User photo
Andrew P
Assuming the connction is via HiD - I can't even get that far. I just purchased my 850s and a djm700. Trying to connect to Traktor Pro 2, having no luck at all. Before I contemplate starting a new thread, is there any advice? When I drag a track to deck A (via Traktor), nothing happens to the 850. It just displays the connected image. No buttons work on the 850 for Traktor. However, when I press play on Traktor (PC) it plays on one channel through the mixer. Same thing happens with B deck in Traktor, plays through that one same channel. I've read Through other forums that Traktor and 850s are a no go. Very disappointed. Even worse, I actually paid for Traktor Pro 2 (for the support access) and now it's useless. However reading this thread it seems you guys have had a slight breakthrough (with other issues). Before I give up and just go down the Virtual DJ path (with HiD connection), I wonder if you (or Pioneer) have one last hope to share....Pioneer, anything?....or are you just going to advise me to start my own topic, which I can. Cheers,
August 25, 2012 09:56
User photo
sergedc

@Andrew P

Yesterday I re-installed from scratch the same cdj 850's & djm 700 with Traktor Pro 2 starting with downloading the latest firmware update version 1.08 for cdj 850 (check out your manual for updating cdj via usb). Then re-downloaded the MIDI Mapping file to use CDJ-850 as a controller for "TRAKTOR PRO/PRO 2" (url: http://pioneerdj.com/support/product.php?c=492&lang=en&p=CD...).  Finally I've updated  Traktor Pro 2 to version 2.1.3.  

And yesss !.  Everything works fine:  scrolling trough songs with the cdj knob, assigning songs to deck A & B, play-, cue buttons works good, jog wheel turn perfect, 

The problem with deck A & B playing  through same channel 1 on mixer, maybe this can help (i did for me actually):

-  have you installed the CDJ Aggregator  and assigned your cdj 850's as audio output devices ?

-  traktor "preferences" - audio set up = cdj pioneer ?

-  traktor "controller manager" - device set up - add -via "import" have imported the cdj 850 zip file (check out pioneer support/downloads...)

Finally, I've connected my cdj 850's through USB with my computer.  

Hopefully this can help...

August 25, 2012 22:45
User photo
Gavin
Pioneer DJ

@Peter Mot > Everything working ok now?

@Sergedc > Thanks for sharing that information.

August 27, 2012 06:20
User photo
Peter Mot

Yes! I managed to figure out the problem, the aggregator helped!

August 27, 2012 13:26
User photo
Andrew P
Thank you so much Sergedc, your and Gavin's advice on another thread really helped. As I mentioned in another topic. With some tweaking I managed to figure out how to make deck a and b play in different channels too. CDJ Aggregator is not needed for PC set up. All looked well, However now I have another problem. Playing for about 20 sec or so, the signal cuts out, yet Traktor still shows that it's playing on the PC. Once I tap play/pause twice (as in stop and start) real quick, the signal retuns and plays again until (the next 20 sec or so) when it does it again. Is this due to the version of Traktor Pro 2 am using? It's the latest 2.5.1 version. Will this fix if I use the version you mention and downgrade to 2.1.3 or is that a solution for Mac? Need you help hopefully one last time. Cheers
August 30, 2012 04:40
User photo
sergedc

@Andrew P >  Don't know for sure, I guess rather an output routing problem.  What do you see in your output monitor (via tractor - preferences - output routing, Left and Right) ?  Version 2.1.3. is not exclusive for Mac users but it has the TRAKTOR SCRATCH Certification for Pioneer DJM-850.  Using a newer version (2.5.1) means this version has also the specifications of an elder version, so I don't think that's the problem.

September 03, 2012 08:00
User photo
Joel Filipe

Hey there. So I have a friend, he's using traktor pro 2 on a windows 7 computer and connecting 2 Pionner CDj's 850. Everything works fine, the only problem is that sometimes the Cdj's just stop, not Traktor, the CDj's do. Then he just presses play and the track keep's playing. He's using pionnerasio or whatever the name is to separate the audio from both cdj's, and Traktor is an official software not an illegal download.. So what do you guys think that's happening? The CPU level on traktor doesnt show anything out of normal.. So i'm guessing it's the cdj's (wich I already upgraded to the latest firmaware 1.08 and the problem persists)

September 18, 2012 02:42
User photo
J.J. Dekker
It's a cdj 850 issue, had the same problem ith my 850s in virtualdj an traktor, upgraded to cdj900, same driver, problem solved.
September 19, 2012 00:19
User photo
Joel Filipe

J.J. Dekker, is that reply for me or for the survey creator?

September 19, 2012 08:59
User photo
J.J. Dekker

I guess for anyone who is experienced that unplanned mute issue (or rather stop issue, as it seems to be midi/hid related)

point is, the 850 is because of this not reliable for live performance as HID/Midi controller

September 19, 2012 20:26
User photo
Brandon Orr

850 HID support coming in Traktor 2.6!!!

October 24, 2012 14:34
User photo
Pulse
Pioneer DJ

2.6 is now available - give it a try!

October 26, 2012 08:42
User photo
sergedc

@Pulse

Sorry Pulse, but Traktor 2.6 Max OS X Update contains advanced HID support for Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus, not for CDJ-850.

October 29, 2012 05:41
User photo
Brandon Orr

Hey guys sorry for misleading you. 

Seems like the technical support at NI doesn't even bother confirming it's facts before it lies and replies to customers.

It not only makes me look bad, but it makes them look bad as well.

NI-Ticket-System  <ni-support@native-instruments.com>
Hello Brandon Orr,

Ok, I have confirmed with my colleagues that there is NO HID support for the CDJ
850 in the current version of Traktor nor can I tell you if nor  when this is
planned.   We have had quite a few requests however from users wanting this and
have already reported this onto the development team in Berlin.  For now, you will
have to just be patient and wait.

best regards,

Native Instruments Support Team

Brandon Orr wrote:

Thank you for the reply, but unfortunately I downloaded Traktor 2.6 this morning
and there is no HID support for the CDJ 850.  Can you confirm that it will
indeed

come in one of the upcoming updates?

Thank you,
Brandon Orr

October 29, 2012 07:00
User photo
Gavin
Pioneer DJ

@Brandon > Sorry, but as you can see its in the hands of Native.

November 09, 2012 04:00
Topic is closed for comments