Forums/Pioneer Gear/CDJ-2000

CDJ2000 NXS Discussion,

Pionix
posted this on September 05, 2012 20:44

Ok lets hear ya!!

who is getting them and what are your thoughts and questions??

lets get the ball rolling!!

Comments

User photo
Morgo
Silver
I keep throwing money at my computer screen but nothing happens!!!
September 05, 2012 20:56
User photo
DJ NVASION
If pioneer listened to what I posted a while back concerning the next cdj 2000 to allow the dj to needle search on the fly while the track is still playing and needle drop to different parts of the song while staying in beat then I am sold. It may take till february or march the latest but i'll get them. Someone who mixes quick and wants to be able to take a track the crowd is listening to and jump the track at another point while staying on beat is needed also great for on the fly remixing by allowing the user to jump to different parts of the track seamlessly. Can someone confirm this I believe you can but not 100% sure.
September 05, 2012 21:00
User photo
Si BooGie

There a lot of talk about intergaration with RekordBox but not a lot oo how the funtions work with a plain old CD. I don't imagine you'll get the wave or a lot of the functions to work with the CD so really this is becoming a VERY Expensive controller that brings nothing new to the market. It's a great bit of kit but nothing there to make me want to fork out the money when I could get a 4 deck controller for the price of one of these, have some change and a lot more functions/control of the music.

September 05, 2012 21:11
User photo
Dableton

I think this opens potential!

September 05, 2012 21:14
User photo
Xador

Hi,

wanna ask, if the MT now really works! With really, I mean really, f.e. melodic stuff or even Trance?

THX!

Oh, and by the way, will there some of this features be in the next CDJ 2000 update?!?

September 05, 2012 21:15
User photo
markoerregger

What feature will to come on the old cdjs? Sync?No Waveform?Hope so

<EDIT> No product rumors or inappropriate language please. <EDIT>

happens this Gear its to much overpriced for too much users

September 05, 2012 21:33
User photo
smile-jg

The CDJ-2000 she be marketed or will it be replaced by NEXUS?
Updates they will be arrested for a CDJ-2000?
The size (dimensions) it is the same as for the CDJ-2000?

September 05, 2012 21:35
User photo
Foster
Pioneer DJ

@Xador > As Gavin mentioned in another thread: The CDJ2000 will continue to be supported as much as possible (within the limitations of the hardware).

@smile-jg > The CDJ-2000 will be replaced by the CDJ-2000nexus, but updates for both players will continue to be supported. (CDJ-2000 updates must fall within the limitations of the CDJ-2000 hardware)

September 05, 2012 21:36
User photo
Mark90
Silver

Xador, in the features list, Pioneer state that MT has no artifacts to up to 16%.  This is a BIG claim.  We will see...

September 05, 2012 21:37
User photo
Mark90
Silver

On that note, a better MT is enough to make me upgrade.

September 05, 2012 21:39
User photo
WestCoastFurth

^ Better MT would be great but not sure it would be worth the 1000$ per unit hit it would take to upgrade

September 05, 2012 21:46
User photo
Xador

@ Mark90:

Hm, well, I see. MT is a very important thing for me too, as I mentioned in other posts and I'm very disappointed that it do not work @ the CDJ 2000's or let's say not very well...

But, I need min. 3 players, that's 6 k for "just a fix". If Pioneer would have a "changing" program... :-D

I would not even hesitate... ;-)

But on the other hand, I'm still very angry what happens with the DJM 2000 and how they treat us!

September 05, 2012 21:48
User photo
WestCoastFurth

^^ Second that the DJM 2000 was a huge shaft By pioneer While I love my 2000 there are a few things they should have got right before releasing it. then fixing it for the 900. making the flagship mixer now second rate )-;

September 05, 2012 21:52
User photo
cdjbasile

Will the cdj 2000 benefit from any of the following 'firmware' improvements or are they for 2000 nexus only

• Rating on the Go – Users can rate tracks during play for easy reference or sorting.
  • My Settings – The function settings of a player can be saved to  USB storage device, SD memory card, or other device.  
  • Traffic Light – Shows the keys of music being played by any players connected via Pro DJ Link, making key-compatible music easier to find by a different color indicator.
September 05, 2012 22:28
User photo
Mark90
Silver

The update for the old 2000 mentions changes in Link behaviour, so I reckon you might see Rating On The Go, but not the others.

September 05, 2012 22:32
User photo
Benno Revelli

I am quite curious whether there will be another  introduction video like the ones when the 2000 was released, I did like the videos and the guy was very clear. (good presentation, nice explained feature set, etc)
It might just be me but this new Pioneer videos are more looking like a marketing hype rather then actually showing what this new cdj does  ;)

September 06, 2012 00:23
User photo
Fuse Promote

Do we know how soon the hardware will be available for purchase in USA stores?

September 06, 2012 00:30
User photo
Jody Thain

What was the "they said it couldn't be done" on the evo teaser?

September 06, 2012 00:31
User photo
Fuse Promote

Then again, perhaps in recognition of my long-standing defense and support of the CDJ-2000 (including much testing to disprove some of the claims against it) Pioneer should gift me a pair, or three?   Ha ha ha...   ;)

Just sayin'.

September 06, 2012 00:33
User photo
Jack EDM

so is this model 100 % supported with the DJM-2000? or do I have to wait and spend another 3000 $ on that as well? ;) 

September 06, 2012 00:37
User photo
cdjbasile

Are the dimensions exactly the same as the cdj 2000? Is a <EDIT> No product rumors of any type please <EDIT> next I wonder...

September 06, 2012 01:38
User photo
Pasi Kärkkäinen

So does CDJ-2000 Nexus have new features/improvements in the Advanced HID protocol ? Better Traktor Pro integration coming up? Any comments about this from Pioneer?

September 06, 2012 02:06
User photo
BriChi
Silver

IMO, this is sick, things I am loving (some of course can still be added to the original 2000)

1. scrolling waveform, awesome!

2. auto load of hot starts

3. ACTIVE LOOP” im assuming this means we can call up a loop and when the track reaches that point it will automatically start the saved loop for us

1 thing I am confused on is """LOAD PREVIOUS TRACK” returns to music that has already been loaded"""  what would you use this for, If I alread played a track why would I jump back to it? Only thing I can think of is if I load a track, then decide not to play it, then change my mind again, I can easily jump back to it

September 06, 2012 02:14
User photo
ThatGuyWill
End User

sync buttons make me :(

September 06, 2012 02:19
User photo
Mark90
Silver

@Pasi Kärkkäinen:  The Advanced HID gets very interesting now if you think about it.  Of course the Nexus offers control of Serato - it makes things a bit simpler and it remains a DVS for most users.  However where Traktor is concerned, the newly added Advanced HID control will still be there, but Pioneer haven't said much about it.  Why?  Well now, the features of the Nexus are pretty much competing against Traktor now.

I don't see many Traktor users converting to CDJs, but it might encourage those who prefer CDJs to stick with them instead of moving to Traktor...?

September 06, 2012 02:24
User photo
markoerregger
Yes but this feature can not be improved to the cdj 2000
September 06, 2012 02:25
User photo
Pasi Kärkkäinen

@Mark90: Well when/if most clubs have CDJ-2000 (nexus), it makes sense to be able to use them as controllers for Traktor aswell.. so there Adv. HID is a very good thing.. so for "hybrid" setups.

September 06, 2012 02:29
User photo
L V G

Well I'm DJing since vinyl era ( '93 ... ouch ) ... But i have nothing against 'sync feature' ! Welcome to new music possibilities it gives ...

Come on now, no one force you all to use/press those 2 new buttons ! It's NOT auto sync units ... U dont like this 'feature' ... Dont use it.

I'm more disapointed with those 'nearly end 2012' new players still dont use :

- FLAC audio !

- NTFS HDD

- USB 3.0 ?  (full speed)

September 06, 2012 02:30
User photo
Pasi Kärkkäinen

@LVG: USB 3.0 is not required really.. I mean you're playing 320 kbit/sec MP3s or 1440 kbit/sec WAV's.. even the old USB 1.1 could handle that.

But I'm very disappointed FLAC isn't supported :( Serato finally added FLAC support recently, and Traktor has had FLAC for ages, so it's time for Pioneer to support FLAC aswell!

September 06, 2012 02:33
User photo
ThatGuyWill
End User

NTFS = licensing fees to Microsoft.  Do you really have files bigger than 4 gigs?

FLAC = name me a device other than a desktop computer that plays FLAC.  Hint: there are none.  Android phones are the only ones that can in stock form, and that's essentially a portable computer anyways. 

Why 3.0 when 2.0 works? 

September 06, 2012 02:35
User photo
Xador

You can use USB 3.0! You export your music in high speed and most of theme were read by the actual CDJ 2000s. Read by the speed of USB 2.0, but I think even for wave it works fine!

September 06, 2012 02:38
User photo
EpikureeR

not really keen on them, lots of stuff could have been implemented in first place. Cash Move?

September 06, 2012 02:42
User photo
Pasi Kärkkäinen

@ThatGuyWill: There are a lot of hardware devices (non desktop computers) that play FLAC, see http://flac.sourceforge.net/links.html#hardware . Even IPOD will play FLAC if you flash RockBox firmware to it! So hardware is not the limitation, it's purely software that implementes FLAC decoding. Other examples: Philips, Rio, Sansa, Samsung, Cowon mp3 players play FLAC with the stock/default firmware. 

September 06, 2012 02:43
User photo
L V G

Companies are waking up to FLAC support ... Why not Pioneer ?

September 06, 2012 02:44
User photo
ThatGuyWill
End User

@pasi - the difference is you have to "hack" the device to get it to work.  That's why I mentioned Android in -stock- form.  You mention all those players, how much market share do they have?  Practically none.  I saw that list before I posted.  Never even heard of Cowon?

Not only do you have to convince Pioneer that it's worth it to play FLAC, you'd also have to convince Beatport, DJDownload, traxsource, etc. to sell it in flac.  Which, considering they already sell wmv files, they probably won't be too hot to do.  3 file types takes up a LOT of server space.  Why should pioneer add FLAC if nobody sells it, why should anybody sell it if nobody uses it?

September 06, 2012 02:51
User photo
ThatGuyWill
End User

edit: wma file.  another reason i hate this BBS, i can't edit posts.

September 06, 2012 02:52
User photo
Pasi Kärkkäinen

@ThatGuyWill: I've been buying FLAC files from Juno Download.

September 06, 2012 02:53
User photo
ThatGuyWill
End User

Juno, wow, i had forgotten about them.  lol.  So one down.

I see that SSL now supports FLAC.  I'd barely count that since it's on a laptop, not on a standalone player.

September 06, 2012 02:58
User photo
Pasi Kärkkäinen

Yep, both Serato and Traktor support FLAC.

September 06, 2012 03:01
User photo
tasos

Quick questions: the lcd panel are exact the same as in the regular 2000's? When that's the case, is this what we see in pictures a new ui?

September 06, 2012 03:14
User photo
markoerregger
Yes 6.1 " ;)
September 06, 2012 03:21
User photo
Mark90
Silver

You do realise that if you're a Serato/Traktor user, then you don't actually care in the slightest whether a player supports FLAC or not, since the player, if you use one to control your software, does nothing in terms of processing or playing the music.

@Tasos: It'd be foolish to assume bits of hardware are the same.  The UI has obviously been overhauled though, it needed it, everyone knew that :)

September 06, 2012 03:28
User photo
Pasi Kärkkäinen

@Mark90: Naturally.. the point was that when the "competition" supports FLAC, so should Pioneer aswell :)

September 06, 2012 03:48
User photo
tasos

Mark90 sorry my friend if i don't get you right (not very good en speaker:)).. So it is the same panel, and the ui is new. Is that correct?

September 06, 2012 03:54
User photo
EDU

the wireless connection through the Ipad or Iphone ... can choose which ship deck the music, as is the Aero??
The CDJs have wifi card in them?
I Djm 2000 and want to connect lan in the mixer and not use wireless Rub, put forward by the music wi fi, is possible?

September 06, 2012 03:57
User photo
Mark90
Silver

Tasos:  The UI looks new.  We don't know about the panel.

September 06, 2012 04:09
User photo
markoerregger
Hope it comes a litte brother for the Cdj 2000 nxs ;)
September 06, 2012 04:35
User photo
dtm

I still think pioneer should send me 2 of these beasts as goodwill for that wifi idea ;) Pulse? :)

September 06, 2012 04:42
User photo
Benjamin Castro
Slip mode and quantize only features WORTH IMO but 2400 down here in mex with dollar currency wow price will be real fancy and recently i bought two cdjs 2000 and a 900 nexus
September 06, 2012 04:45
User photo
F!RMWAR3

hey guys! I see pioneer finally switched over to get some big cash out of our pockets  again ;) I will certainly stick with my 2000s for now but since pioneer changed I dediced to go along with the flow and 'NEXUS'  my new avatar pic ;)

September 06, 2012 04:56
User photo
RyanTV
End User

1st and foremost - the inclusion of a "Beat Sync" button is absolute blaspheme. This is supposed to be a pro level product. Makes me sad to see it on here.

Next questions/comments:

Have pioneer sorted out the quality issue concerning the network jack and USB port on the back of the unit?
How is Master Tempo on the unit?
I'd like to see the different view options on the screen - I do like the large wavform view though.
Are there any real improvements to RekordBox on the computer side or are we still going to be using a half working piece of software?
I like the inclusion of the standard power cable. Makes things much easier. I can just leave a set at home and put a set in my to-go bag.
Tell is about the finish on the unit - Any less resistant to scratches, etc? Looks like they have done something different with it forgoing the piano black plastic.
Explain how the wi-fi connection works- Do i just connect the players directly to my wi-fi network, put in my password, and away you go? Standard DHCP setup using regular IP addressing?

Anyway - I'm sure I'll have more. They look cool even though I hate the idea of them having a sync button on them. Not sure if there is enough added value to move from the 2000s, but we will see.

September 06, 2012 05:12
User photo
RyanTV
End User

oh, and what does "All major music formats" mean? FLAC and ALAC supported? Puh-lease?

September 06, 2012 05:21
User photo
Gavin
Pioneer DJ

@Nvasion > I believe I answered you in your thread.

@Si Boogie > There is only so much we can do with a CD - if this is your primary audio source (and what you want to stick to) then I would say these players maybe are not for you.

@Xador > There is no artifacting on tracks with MT engaged up to +/-16.

@WCF > DJM2000 updates have been acknowledged - this isn't the place for that discussion.

@cdjbasile > We'll have to wait and see what is made available for the CDJ2000, we cannot comment at this time. Some functions may be portable but I wouldn't hold my breath.

@Benno > Yes, this is the normal way Pioneer do things - release videos of some acts demoing the units before Dave Eserin does the 'in-depth' videos.

@Fuse Promote > Available end of September I believe.

@Pasi > I'm not sure at the moment.

@cdjbasile > I believe the footprint is the same.

@ThatGuyWill > Please do not start a sync war. Its blown up all over the interwebs already. It was a global trending thingy-ma-jig on Twitter earlier and huge fights were breaking out on YouTube. Anything that can allow the DJ to be more creative, right? Plus, pitch up and down on one track and it is sync'd across all players? Thats pretty cool.

@LVG > NTFS means Pioneer have to pay more money to Microsoft which means higher prices for the end user. FAT works fine! USB3.0 isn't all that necessary - USB2.0 speeds work just fine. As for FLAC, well, more hardware limitations. 

@tasos > Upgraded display and UI.

@RyanTV > Blaspheme? Really? Couldn't the same be said for the BPM display? Every effort has been made to achieve an over all top quality finish on the product. Master Tempo now, contains, no artifacting up to +/-16. More rekordbox updates to come. Can't comment on the scratches finish - I don't know. Just like using the CDJ2000s, you will want to keep the CDJ2000nexus on an independent network.

September 06, 2012 07:01
User photo
Sigius

"Beat Sync" YEEAAS!!! All ****** DJs played with their Virtual dj stuff and with magical beat sync button they become a good DJs

Now all rich DJs without ears also magically will become a good DJs =DDD

And that Wi-Fi stuff... when I will see somebody playing from RB using wifi stuff I will be so nasty and use my Wi-Fi Jammer!!! Ha ha =DDD

September 06, 2012 07:04
User photo
Gavin
Pioneer DJ

@Sigius > Please be aware these are family friendly forums so watch the expletives. How is the addition of beat sync any different than the inclusion of, say, the BPM readout or hot cues / autoloops? How does a sync button automatically enable a DJ to become good at reading a crowd and playing music to suit their tastes? It doesn't your point is moot - if its a feature that can allow a DJ to be more creative then bring it on! If you don't like it, you don't have to enable it!

Should there be a dropout in signal, the CDJs automatically engage auto loops. Using a WiFi jammer is illegal.

In all seriousness, if you are only here to troll then you can find the log out button in the top right hand corner. 

September 06, 2012 07:08
User photo
dtm

Gavin you forgot to quote me, i do expect a pair of cdj's as goodwill :)

September 06, 2012 07:24
User photo
tasos

Well i would be hapyer if thy players would support usb3, even if i have to pay some eyro more (i dont think that would be very expensive..) and if there would be no sync button.. But i think i can live with it. It will be much easier to go down with the bpm's playnig 2 or 3 (track n tools or aca) at same time, just like the demo video's. If i catch myself to use sync in any other way, i sale them, and buy 2 more technics mk5 lol

September 06, 2012 07:24
User photo
DJ SPiRiTMooN
Silver

Nice nice... BUT

No FLAC support.

Why why WHHHY?

September 06, 2012 07:27
User photo
Gavin
Pioneer DJ

@dtm > My apologies, yes I believe I saw three being put in delivery area for you earlier. We were afraid you might be offended if we only sent you two.

@Tasos > Whats the problem with sync? This implementation opens up a range of creative possibilities!

September 06, 2012 07:28
User photo
dtm

@Gavin, Let me guess, 2 cdj2000nexus and 1 XDJ Aero? :) really sweet of you guys, i love you <3

I will keep this screenshot as a memory even tho Pulse ditched the idea couple of years ago :)

I might have some other nice ideas for the mk3, but let's save them for now.. :-)

September 06, 2012 07:33
User photo
Dream Treez

CDJ2000 nexus looks nice. I love the waveform and some of the new features. But I think I will stick with my cdj2000s for now and see.

I only wanna ask, is the new players gonna be compatible to previous ones ??

For example..  

Will I be able to play with same USB stick to both cdj2000mk1 and cdj2000nxs ??

Will I be able to connect via LINK both cdj2000mk1 and cdj2000nxs and play with one USB stick ??

September 06, 2012 07:34
User photo
tasos

hmmm Gavin it's about dj's principles ! You know some of us are a litle old skool etc.. And i really don't like to see or hear someone to play music but cannot mix with the cdj 100 and a simple mixer (not to mention vinyl stuff). Anyway technology goes on, and so must the dj's. It's a big talk, and not for this topic. I think i buy them, allready asked my dealer to get me a pair.. good think is, and i recommend to anyone: Rent your "old" cdj's 2000! You get your money back in less than a year!

September 06, 2012 07:44
User photo
Fuse Promote

Is the footprint the same as CDJ-2000?   Will my flight cases fit the new players?

September 06, 2012 07:50
User photo
tasos

Fuse i think they are exact the same. They look that way..

September 06, 2012 07:57
User photo
D.j. Inertia

Gotta say the 3 demo vids that are up don't impress me very much with how they put them through their paces. Can we see Zabiela tearing these things a new one? That should always be the standard for new Pioneer gear demo videos IMHO.

September 06, 2012 08:30
User photo
Pulse
Pioneer DJ

@Fuse > Exactly the same size.

If I hear one more DJ complain about the sync button, claiming that it's not "true to DJing" or "it's cheating", I'm going to demand they show their worth using a pair of belt-drive turntables, disco records, and a mixer with no headphone cueing.

September 06, 2012 08:32
User photo
Fuse Promote

Yeah... no joke, pulse.

The players are not even on the market yet, and people are complaining.  It would be funny, if not so sad.

September 06, 2012 08:39
User photo
dtm

Something like...

September 06, 2012 08:45
User photo
dtm

@Pulse, wasn't long time ago i heard you complain about sync :) I remember we had a nice talk about it over in the old forum :)

September 06, 2012 08:46
User photo
Pulse
Pioneer DJ

It's there, it's in the software I use ... but I don't press the button.  Let those who want to use it, push it.

September 06, 2012 08:56
User photo
tasos
Guys i'm not complaining, its just an opinion.. W task in here right
September 06, 2012 08:59
User photo
tasos
*we talk (damn phone)
September 06, 2012 09:11
User photo
Phil
Silver

What a great update. Good to hear that Pioneer has been listening to what DJs want. Can't wait to have a go on them to be honest.

September 06, 2012 09:35
User photo
Mista Tee

Looks like a wonderful product. Can't wait to get my hands on a pair.
One question I had after seeing the screen and the new zoomable wav is:

Do I still need to run all my files through rekordbox first for the wav to show up instantly?

I simply do not like using rekordbox and I'm not using it now.
And it seems like a huge job to run my entire library through rekordbox JUST to see the wav instantly.

September 06, 2012 09:40
User photo
Pulse
Pioneer DJ

@Mista Tee > Yes, you must run the tracks through rekordbox for instant waveforms.

September 06, 2012 09:42
User photo
Si BooGie
@Gavin I rarely use cd these days but as I guess this is an over priced controller with a cd player tagged on it. It's a nice product but in the world of controllers it's behind the times by a few years and over priced several hundred £€¥$ or what a person spends. Name one thing on the unit the is new to the market and can't be found on cheaper controller?
September 06, 2012 10:02
User photo
ThatGuyWill
End User

If that many people are bitching about the sync feature, then maybe there's something to it?  I don't care that much, but it certainly cheapens the experience even if you don't use it.

All I want is a booth output.  lol.

September 06, 2012 10:06
User photo
Phil
Silver

@ Si Boogie - how is this a controller? it's not controlling anything as you don't need a laptop or software to DJ. It can be used as a controller with Advanced HID to control Traktor/Serato but that is a bonus function, it's primary function is a DJ deck. 

If you prefer controllers, good for you but not everyone wants to carry round laptops, cables and little boxes of buttons and have to start rearranging DJ booths to set up their kit.

Name one controller that is the standard installation in the top clubs? 

September 06, 2012 10:19
User photo
D.j. Inertia

@ Si Boogie

Q - "Name one thing on the unit the is new to the market and can't be found on cheaper controller?"

A  - The Pioneer name, and reputation for building products with impeccable quality. 

What Technics was for the turntable, Pioneer is for the Controller/Deck/Mixer market. Period.

September 06, 2012 10:33
User photo
DJ WOLFË

When will the on-line stores and stores around the globe carry them Gavin? How much will they retail for? I saw on a thread they will be around 2399$ each??

September 06, 2012 10:38
User photo
Fuse Promote

$2399 is the MSRP.  MSRP is always higher than the street price for electronics.

Another question I have is whether the Key field will use Camelot Notation, or just the Sharps/Flats notation?  Or will this be user selectable?

September 06, 2012 12:12
User photo
cdjbasile
In the video it uses sharps/flats
September 06, 2012 12:28
User photo
Fuse Promote

meh...

September 06, 2012 12:29
User photo
BriChi
Silver

$2399 is the MSRP.  MSRP is always higher than the street price for electronics.

so like 2000 each street probably

September 06, 2012 12:30
User photo
Morgo
Silver

I found this about keys.

In Relation to the key of music being played by any players connected with "PRO DJ LINK", consonant music is displayed in blue and is therefore easy to find.

September 06, 2012 12:35
User photo
Morgo
Silver

Looks also that the shiny part of the 2000's plastic has now some sort of wood grain markings in it.

September 06, 2012 12:52
User photo
ekwipt

$2400 is how much the shops are selling them in Australia for :(

High dollar doesn't mean shit over here

September 06, 2012 16:35
User photo
Morgo
Silver

I know aye still geting them though. just have to save a little longer :)

September 06, 2012 16:37
User photo
Louie V

Great update, scrolling waveform definitely tempting... now can we get some news on the RMX Stand...?

Also, @Galvin or @Pulse is the CDJ-2000 NXS going to have HID support for traktor out of the box? Will scrolling waveforms push to the player?

September 06, 2012 18:24
User photo
F!RMWAR3

I can't wait to see the reviews, comparison, etc.
Still I feel the CDJ-2000s are the best!  

September 06, 2012 20:42
User photo
EpikureeR

i see really a lot of people are pissed about the sync stuff

September 06, 2012 21:15
User photo
Si BooGie

@Phil > I don't use a controller or a sync button and unfortunatley with these beauties you do need software to benefit from the added functions even if the software doesn't have to be connected at the time of playing. The CD deck is just a plain old CD deck no waveform function no quantize. Maybe I'll buy a pair just for the sync option so I can get paid for doing nothing other than throwing a few quantized loops, drops and efx over the mix : )

@DJ Inertia > name one thing that's new. Your answer was BS as there are no new functions that can't be found else where. Maybe they should've left off the CD player and called it the XDJ2000. BTW building products with impeccable quality.I guess I got a faulty CDJ straight out the box and another faulty in less then 6 months from the bad batch made on an off day

Anyway this is probably not the place for ranting. One last thing "Industry’s First DJ Player with Wireless Source Capability " ???? Surley not

http://forums.pioneerdj.com/entries/21895887-1-6-2-can-no-longer-link-via-wireless

September 06, 2012 21:49
User photo
Fuse Promote

I think everyone needs to chill out and wait to see the new players work in action before condemning them.

September 06, 2012 22:51
User photo
markoerregger
Yes i think too,but hope the users from the old cdjs becomes any future from the new,like waveform or a little bit bigger ;)
September 06, 2012 23:05
User photo
6Sixx

I'm excited to hear about the new CDJ Nexus. I've been waiting to buy a pair of CDJ 2000's. Now with the New CDJ Nexus I'm considering buying the unit. I'm a Traktor Pro fan, and  I'm worried that Pioneer mentions nothing about the use of Traktor Pro with the unit. I'm a Traktor Fan, and would like to know if there remains a partnership with the CDJ 2000 nexus and Traktor Pro. Or is the point of the new CDJ to phase out the partnership with Traktor? Will I be able to link this unit with Traktor Pro?

My plan;

2 x CDJ 2000 Nexus(will purchase)

1 Allen and Heath DB4 mixer (already own)

Traktor Pro 2.5.1 (already own)

Native Instrument X1 controller (already own) 

September 07, 2012 04:21
User photo
Sammy

The people who can afford the CDJ-2000 won't need sync (Exception on David Guetta....).

September 07, 2012 04:22
User photo
Fuse Promote

@6Sixx   As I understand it, the CDJ-2000 Nexus will offer Advanced HID control just like the CDJ-2000.  I believe the unit should work with Traktor just as well as, if not better than, the existing CDJ-2000.

You will have an excellent setup.  Just like mine, except that I don't use Traktor.  ;)

You have the best DJ mixer on the market, without question.

Honestly, though..... You might begin to find yourself shifting away from Traktor and towards the CDJ standalone.  It's a great way to go.  You can run digital out of the CDJ directly into the Digital Input of the DB4.

September 07, 2012 04:27
User photo
BriChi
Silver

well my 2000's are sold :)  bring on the Nexus!

September 07, 2012 07:15
User photo
Fuse Promote

What's the going rate for a pair of near mint condition CDJ-2000s?  I'm going to be eBay'ing mine after I buy my Nexi.

September 07, 2012 07:23
User photo
BriChi
Silver

not sure but a friend of mine offered me $1200 a pc and I am taking it, I only paid a little more then that 3 years ago :)

September 07, 2012 07:35
Topic is closed for comments