Forums/Pioneer Gear/CDJ-2000

Does the new cdj 2000 nexus allow live on the fly quantized needle drop?

DJ NVASION
posted this on September 06, 2012 04:50

Hey I am pretty psyched about the new cdj 2000 nexus and thinking of buying them. I do have a question though something that I have asked a few times before from Pioneer. Can the new cdj 2000 nexus allow the user to needle drop while the track is playing and jump at any point of the track live while quantized seamlessly? If not then how likely would it be a feature to implement in a firmware update? I understand it has not come out yet just want to make sure it can be implemented if it isn't already a feature. Thank you in advance for your replys.

Comments

User photo
Gavin
Pioneer DJ

@NVASION > I'm 99% sure this is possible yes.

Actually, I think it is demonstrated in one of the three launch videos.

September 06, 2012 06:34
User photo
DJ NVASION

I checked out the video a couple times each and it does seam that way but still not sure needed to get confirmation.  So I take your 99% as confirmed then?  If so you and Pioneer just put a big smile on my face!  Thank you and Pioneer if this is confirmed and thank you for taking my posts awhile back in to concideration much respect!!!  This takes djing live to another level!!!

September 06, 2012 09:23
User photo
Gavin
Pioneer DJ

@Nvasion > I will have to double check but there will be more videos soon that will show the product down to the last detail.

Thanks for your comments.

September 13, 2012 10:13
User photo
Matt Jackson

yet another feature from traktor making its way into the hardware dj arena... not a bad request, but not sure how precise it will be with the ribbon?

September 13, 2012 10:17
User photo
Gavin
Pioneer DJ

@Matt > I always found the search feature worked pretty well when typing in the letters on the CDJ2000. I guess time will tell!

September 14, 2012 23:47