Forums/Pioneer Gear/CDJ-2000

Why does the CDJ only have 3 hotcues?

aaron elliott
posted this on September 06, 2012 08:09

with they're being 4 beats in a bar, etc... it would make more sense to have  4 hotcue buttons?  its something ive been asking for years, or is there a reason for having only 3?

Comments

User photo
Pulse
Pioneer DJ

Because it's better than 2.

People have been asking for more for years, that's all I can say.

September 06, 2012 08:21
User photo
aaron elliott

Been a stressful day, eh pulse? .....

September 06, 2012 08:23
User photo
Pulse
Pioneer DJ

Nah, I just continue to smile and nod.  :D

September 06, 2012 08:29
User photo
ThatGuyWill
End User

real estate?

September 06, 2012 13:14
User photo
Tommy RKaid

if the memory cue didn't stop the track when loaded, or when the cue button was pressed. it could then be used as a 'mobile cue'     jus sayin.

September 09, 2012 14:13
User photo
Gavin
Pioneer DJ

But its a memory point, for quick loading that particular point on the track for mixing into the currently playing track.

September 13, 2012 10:07
User photo
Matt Jackson

more cue buttons would be nice, real estate or not... but more importantly, when the cue it hit i would love the track to fire off without the 3second delay.

always gotta remember to hit the cue points before i need them, so they load instantly when i need em!

will the new auto load cue feature close this issue?

September 13, 2012 10:25
User photo
BriChi
Silver

yes it does, watch this in depth video, shows off and explains some of the new features: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwTQ-6yi4uY&feature=player_embed...!

September 13, 2012 11:11
User photo
Tommy RKaid

i believe gavin understands what i am saying from the other post i had made. 

when you switch memory cues. the track stops playing.  if it didn't stop, then you have a 'mobile hot cue'  a fourth hot cue that can be switched during play back. 

the second part of the problem is, even if you load the memory cue before you begin to play the track, and hit the 'cue' button. the track stops playing and you have to hit it again, to play the cue point.  i am doing a quick double tap when i can get away with it, and using the memory cue as a fourth 'hot cue.'  (as long as you hit play before letting go of 'cue' it will continue to play normally)

even having the fourth spot is great since most of the time. idk what i'm gonna do until i'm at the decks.  do i want the intro cue? the break down? the build up? the second build up?  the song comes back from the break and has a different sound added, i don't wanna play the whole track, but i do want to mix em up.  (that's 2 hot cues sold there, 1 left. have to decide, intro, outro, break, or build up?)  a 'mobile hot cue' would fix that as you could memory cue them all, and move it as needed at the moment.

September 13, 2012 12:47
User photo
Tommy RKaid

so long as none of this interrupted playback.

September 13, 2012 12:48
User photo
Gavin
Pioneer DJ

@Tommy > I believe what you are saying is that you want the mobile cues to perform like hot cues, correct? While we can certainly suggest this, I don't think the functionality will be changed. Couldn't you just call up the memory cue point, assign the main cue point to that position on the track and then play from there?

September 14, 2012 23:43
User photo
Tommy RKaid

well, that's what i was doin, and using it as a 4th hot cue, but, i had to do a quick double tap on the cue button to get it to play, then press play.  cuz when you set the memory cue and hit the cue button, it doesn't play, it jumps there and stops, when you hit it again, it will then play.  

i think it'd be a great way to get around the 'only 3 cues' problem by setting up the one to be 'mobile'  -  but as of right now, moving the memory cue, stops play back.  and pressing the cue button, even if you load it before had, doesn't play, it stops playback. so you have to do the double tap then press play.  just an idea i had, no extra buttons required, just what is available on the machine as is.

September 16, 2012 11:22