Forums/Pioneer Gear/CDJ-2000

CDJ 2000 NEXUS - USB POWER ... ALSO SD (SDHC ????)

DJccccc
posted this on September 09, 2012 13:03

Can someone confirm if the "USB POWER" issue from the 2000s (mk1) has been sorted ??

Is the max output of the USB socket still 0.5mA or is it improved to 1.0mA ........ or is it even more any say enough to power an Ipad ??

=============================================================================

Also WHY have Pioneer not supported a bigger SD card format ?? SDHC 32gb max is pretty backward when SDXC can format FAT32 & have upto 128gb ... very odd decision !!!

Also Will the nexus 2000 operate in the same way as the Aero

IE You can load your Rekordbox HD say to the SD slot or other USB

Then plug in an Anderoid or Ipad ... and control whats on the Rekordbox HD with the Ipad - I mean have NO actual music on the Ipad, just use it as a control surface to use the USB to search, cue up and select songs on a bigger screen with a 100 % touch screen (not having to use the 6.1 inch CDJ2000nexus screen - just assign the track from the Ipad) - as described in the Jpeg ive screen shot from the aero manual.

Am I correct in thinking this is the correct proceedure, or will it only be data thats on the ipad / Anteroid devise ?

fOLLOWING ON FROM Andrew Thornton POINT ...

1) With the XDJ-Aero, we had an option of connecting a USB drive to the player, but using an iPhone/iPad/computer (maybe) to navigate the contents of the drive connected to the XDJ, and load tracks from the connected drive to the player. Do the new CDJ 2000 Nexus players have the option of using Rekordbox connected devices to navigate the contents of another drive plugged into a CDJ? Basically I'd prefer to use something like an iPad or iPhone for easier navigation than the built in interface on the CDJs (which I find a bit clunky) whilst still loading the tracks off a hard-wired drive as I don't entirely trust wireless to be reliable. If using an iPhone or iPad, does it have to be connected via wifi to do this, or can I navigate and load tracks from other devices when the phone or tablet is plugged in via USB?

Comments

User photo
DJccccc

Sorry for the repeated posts, Ive tried to edit or delete the others and its nto allowing me too 

September 09, 2012 13:05
User photo
BriChi
Silver

says 5v 2.1A right on the usb port

September 09, 2012 13:48
User photo
DJccccc

I saw that - I just want official conformation its 4 times stronger

Saying that - the Ipad is 2.1A

I think not supporting SDXC is a major oversite, the tech came out in 2010 & should ahve been on the new CDJS

I doubt this will work ............

http://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-128GB-Extreme-Video-SDHC/dp/B00720TE1M/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1347248264&sr=8-4

September 09, 2012 16:42
User photo
DJccccc

Im looking for conformation on my questions above please Pio

September 09, 2012 16:44
User photo
DJccccc

Where has Pioneer graduate "Foster" disapeared too ???? :S - I could do with a answer on this lol

September 10, 2012 17:47
User photo
Benno Revelli

About the voltage:
5 Volt 2,1 Ampere or less.

This is for the left USB type A port on top and is for downstreaming data from USB to the player.
The specs will be able to function with most HDDs, Phones and many more. 

Unfortunately the new CDJ-2000 nexus features SDHC with a maximum of 32 GB
If there would be an option to support SDXC this would require specific hardware and a firmware update, but I doubt this will happen since I strongly believe the hardware used is SDHC only.

September 10, 2012 19:14
User photo
Phil
Silver

i think keeping at SDHC is a sensible idea. there's going to be plenty of 2000 mk1's and 900's around for a while yet so i'd want my cards to be compatible with all the players.

September 11, 2012 01:41
User photo
DJccccc

Usually SDHC  is backwardly compatable with SDXC 

The idea of a 128gb SD card would have made these players, I think its an a big oversite

September 11, 2012 04:49
User photo
DJccccc

Also Pulse, new member Foster ... Gavin ???

Can you PLEASE clear this up ...

Also Will the nexus 2000 operate in the same way as the Aero

IE You can load your Rekordbox HD say to the SD slot or other USB

Then plug in an Anderoid or Ipad ... and control whats on the Rekordbox HD with the Ipad - I mean have NO actual music on the Ipad, just use it as a control surface to use the USB to search, cue up and select songs on a bigger screen with a 100 % touch screen (not having to use the 6.1 inch CDJ2000nexus screen - just assign the track from the Ipad) - as described in the Jpeg ive screen shot from the aero manual.

Am I correct in thinking this is the correct proceedure, or will it only be data thats on the ipad / Anteroid devise ?

fOLLOWING ON FROM Andrew Thornton POINT ...

1) With the XDJ-Aero, we had an option of connecting a USB drive to the player, but using an iPhone/iPad/computer (maybe) to navigate the contents of the drive connected to the XDJ, and load tracks from the connected drive to the player. Do the new CDJ 2000 Nexus players have the option of using Rekordbox connected devices to navigate the contents of another drive plugged into a CDJ? Basically I'd prefer to use something like an iPad or iPhone for easier navigation than the built in interface on the CDJs (which I find a bit clunky) whilst still loading the tracks off a hard-wired drive as I don't entirely trust wireless to be reliable. If using an iPhone or iPad, does it have to be connected via wifi to do this, or can I navigate and load tracks from other devices when the phone or tablet is plugged in via USB?

September 11, 2012 04:52
User photo
Phil
Silver

you miss my point. what happens when you bring your 128gb SDXC card to the club that still has the CDJ2000 MK1?

September 11, 2012 05:05
User photo
Pulse
Pioneer DJ

You know in advance that the CDJ doesn't support SDXC and you don't use it for rekordbox.

September 11, 2012 06:24
User photo
Pulse
Pioneer DJ

Oh, and DJcccccccccccccc, don't cross-post.  You want something answered, you ask once, in the appropriate thread, not several times across the forums.

September 11, 2012 06:25
User photo
DJccccc

Am I right in thinking you can use a SD with rekordbox collection copied onto it (upto 32gb) ?

September 11, 2012 08:58
User photo
DJccccc

Also ... the CDJ2000nexus is for my personal use, not a venue.

Look at the Macbook pro

Some of the models support it .. others dont ... SDXC would have been a better format with backwards compatitiblity

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3553

September 11, 2012 09:01
User photo
Phil
Silver

yes, SDHC supports up to 32gb and you can use it in the CDJ2000/900/Nexus

If you want more room then you can use a HDD/SDD/USB at whatever size you want.

September 11, 2012 09:29
User photo
Gavin
Pioneer DJ

SDHC cards are harder to steal ;)

I've seen a few DJs have USB sticks whipped on them!

September 13, 2012 10:02
User photo
DJccccc

Velcro and an SSD USB drive lol !!

September 13, 2012 12:19
User photo
Martin Pod

Im using 2 x San Disc 64 gig Extreme SDXC cards with my 2000s. Have been for a few months now. Im thinking of upgrading to 128giggers cos Ive run out of room on one of them. Hence finding this thread.

I needed to reformat the cards to fat32 and had no problems...and Im no techie.

So i guess no-one here knows if we can reformat the 128 giggers for use on the 2000s then?

BTW I bought a 32 gig Transend USB stick which was supposed to be fast - 10mbs or whatever, but Im finding the load-up speed is painfully slow. Plus I agree with DJs who've commented on their vulnerability - not just to being nicked mid set, but to accidentally knocking them. Ive done it already. Im switching to SD/SDXC only.

September 20, 2012 11:43
User photo
Martin Pod

I found the program I used. Its called EaseUS Partitian Master. 

Fuck it. Im gonna buy a 128 gigger and see if it works. Fingers crossed...

September 20, 2012 11:55
User photo
DJccccc

I await your results !

September 21, 2012 12:04
User photo
cdjbasile
Ok so I'm totally confused now... Pioneer say it only supports 32gb sdhc cards..., yet a user is running 64 sdxc cards in the 'unsupported' format?! Can we have a final answer on this?
September 21, 2012 22:32
User photo
Gavin
Pioneer DJ
@cdjbasile > Supported means that it will definitely work. Anything that's not classified as supported means it still could work but may not. So Pioneer supports up to 32GB i.e. these will definitely work. Anything over that may or may not work.
September 21, 2012 22:37
User photo
cdjbasile
Thanks gavin - But how do pioneer not know what is compatible with their hardware?
September 21, 2012 22:42
User photo
DJccccc

Id like to echo cdjbasile post.

Is 128gb SDXC ... FAT 32 possible ... and more an than anything STABLE ?

September 23, 2012 18:42
User photo
cdjbasile
Could pioneer now look into testing this claim themselves now with bigger cards - surely it's to their advantage as its another selling point if it works...?
September 23, 2012 22:21
User photo
Looshus

So is there no answer on whether or not the unit will work like the Aero, i.e. have the ipad app see the files stored on for example a linked hard drive?

I've seen this question asked a number of times and the Pio guys seem to ignore it - if the answer is no, then please just say so.

September 24, 2012 01:16
User photo
Martin Pod
Okay DJccccc...and anyone else who's bothered. I've just got the 128gig SDXC card, reformatted it to Fat32 and loaded up about 50 gig via Rekordbox. It took a few more seconds for the 2000s to read it, but it plays fine so far. I'll post ASAP if I get any problems. For those wondering about the performance with 100gig+ loaded, I won't be loading much more on to it until after oct 6th for reasons I won't go into here. Happy daze.
September 27, 2012 08:22
User photo
Martin Pod
Btw the actually usable capacity listed before and after reformatting was 119 gig.
September 27, 2012 08:23
User photo
Gavin
Pioneer DJ

@cdjbasile > It was only possible to test so much media when the player was being develop all those years ago so they could only support what was reasonably available and in use at that time.

@Looshus > No, you cannot browse a USB stick connected to the player via an iPad.

October 11, 2012 09:32