Forums/Pioneer Gear/CDJ-2000

Flight Cases

T-Top
posted this on September 07, 2012 08:43

I'm waiting for the 2000 Nexus to come out in stores to buy them, but I wanna get some flight cases and I'm probably  gonna order them now so they come in for when I have my decks.

The specs looked the same as the CDJ 2000s, so I don't see why not but I figured I might as well double check before I drop a bunch of money, will flight cases for the CDJ 2000 be completely fine to fit the 2000 Nexus?

Thinking about this case: http://www.swanflight.com/pioneer-cdj2000-flightcase.html

Comments

User photo
Foster
Pioneer DJ

@T-Top > Yes, they are the same size player. If anyone wants to be ridiculously technical, the CDJ-2000nexus is 0.1mm higher.

There are also multiple threads on the forums talking about cases for the CDJ-2000's. Please use the 'Search' feature to find similar threads.

September 07, 2012 10:14
User photo
Sean Dodds

See that these guys at Pioneer really do know there stuff. Yes the CDJ2000 Nexus will fit straight into the existing CDJ2000 flightcase that we currently manufacture. Look at the way Pioneer are looking after you all. Most manufacturers would change the dimensions on the units when bringing out a new model but not Pioneer. CDJ1000 MK1, 2 & 3 all the same size CDJ800 MK1 & 2 same size and now CDJ2000 & CDJ2000 Nexus same size. Pioneer equipment may not be the cheapest in the world (quality does come at a price) but they are obviously thinking far enough in advance to ensure that when you upgrade you wont need a new set of cases. Genius

September 18, 2012 21:55
User photo
Gavin
Pioneer DJ
Thanks Sean! Hope to see you at BPM.
September 19, 2012 04:47