Forums/Pioneer Gear/CDJ-2000

Great in depth overview of the 2000Nexus

BriChi
posted this on September 12, 2012 01:07

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwTQ-6yi4uY&feature=player_embed...!

enjoy, this guy goes over a lot of the key features, great video

Comments

User photo
BriChi
Silver

in that video too, the guy screwed up and showed that they will be adding loading to the old 2000 via a phone because connected to the nexus, the guy on his phone went to load a track and it showed the nexus AND the old 2000 :)

September 12, 2012 01:11
User photo
Si BooGie

I do like the deck, I have to admit it, the functionality is fanatastic the bar counter is a killer. Don't know why you need the beat grid adjustment if you've already analysed your tracks in RB though. I'd would like an option to have the wave form to keep scrolling in Slipmod

I see the the RB intergration wasn't shown and was the missing artwork not put in or did RB not transfer it over. I wonder wahy two deck icons were on the app unless that's standard even if only one is connected

September 12, 2012 02:01
User photo
Didier Malenfant
Silver

Beat grid adjustment would be handy in case you've done it wrong in RB or you didn't have time to do it and were playing non-analyzed tracks.

September 12, 2012 05:14
User photo
Didier Malenfant
Silver

@brichi I think you're reading too much into it.

The reason he can drop tracks into the other CDJ is because the nexus makes the iPhone look like another Rekordbox (running on a computer) to other players. You can see any player, just like you would from a Rekordbox running on a computer on the same network.

This is why he can access the iPhone thru Link on the regular CDJ if he wants. But this is also why in the current state of affairs, he wouldn't be able to plug the phone directly into the regular 2000.

So I would guess this is all working without any firmware update on the regular 2000.

September 12, 2012 05:18
User photo
BriChi
Silver

no, but if you look at his iphone when he drops a track to the deck from the iPhone, not from the cdj, you see 2 cdj2000's, the iphone would not show up as a cdj icon on the iphone, that makes no sense. 

September 12, 2012 05:21
User photo
Didier Malenfant
Silver

Yeah, you see two CDJs like you would see two CDJs if you were running Rekordbox on  a computer on that same network. You see the 2000nexus and the 2000.

What I'm saying is I'm pretty sure that works right out of the box just by the nexus making your phone RB appear like a RB on the network to all other players.

September 12, 2012 05:29
User photo
BriChi
Silver

Now I see what you're saying, I misunderstood, Hopefully they add the feature to the 2000's also for people who dont have the $$$ for the nexus 

September 12, 2012 05:31
User photo
Warth
End User

This was a great vid… thanks BriChi!

September 24, 2012 20:13
User photo
soda

here is a great article/review of the new cdj 2000 nexus:

http://www.djresource.eu/Topics/story/143/Pioneer-CDJ-2000nexus/

September 24, 2012 21:50
User photo
Matt Jackson

im coming round to those new babies... hoping some of those features and screen can be changed with fw updates... of course none of the new buttons could be incorporated - but still hopeful with the SW stuff ;o)

September 24, 2012 22:58
User photo
F!RMWAR3

I hope we will have a nice in-depth introduction video soon :) like we had on the launch of the cdj-2000/900s! 

September 25, 2012 03:09
User photo
DjVentsy Mix

i have cdj 2000 nexus do you know what happens when the first piece is 85 and the other at 160 and hit SYNC? Fix it please!!

September 25, 2012 04:34
User photo
Matt Jackson

maybe you need to hit the 2/ button in rekordbox on that 160bpm track... this will half the bpm of the track - if it has incorrectly analysed the track?

why on earth would you want to sync an 85bpm track with a 160bpm track, thats insane!

Any non syncing dj knowing such a huge bpm jump existed would adapt the transition accordingly and work with it... thats something a sync button cant do!

September 25, 2012 06:17
User photo
DjVentsy Mix

this I mean that when I do it manually 80 160 with tractor or virtaul DJ does not have to press the button 2 / tempo remains the same

September 25, 2012 19:33
User photo
movingzachb

Personally I am not interested in the phone transfer features at all. That does nothing for me. Not sure how this is going to be used a lot in the industry by big DJ's. Someone enlighten me.

September 26, 2012 06:35