Forums/Pioneer Gear/DJM Mixers

DJM-2000 bug fix arrived!

DJ Devotion
posted this on November 14, 2012 22:10

Well, sort of... Where can I leave my address to have my faulty unit exchanged for a DJM-2000 Nexus? This has gone on long enough, Pioneer should offer some kind of trade-in program.

Comments

User photo
Gavin
Pioneer DJ
@Devotion > an update for the original DJM2000 will be available at the end of this month - it will include many bug fixes as well as incorporating some of the new features from the Nexus.
November 14, 2012 22:30
User photo
Zeus Tunage

hallelujah

November 14, 2012 22:31
User photo
oakstream
Silver

@Gavin You say some of the new features but on the FAQ it says it's the same firmware for both units and the DJM-2000 will have the same functions as the DJM-2000 Nexus:

The same firmware can be used for the DJM-2000 and DJM-2000nexus. By updating your DJM-2000 to firmware version 3.0, the same functions as the DJM-2000nexus can be used on your DJM-2000.

So what is it?

November 14, 2012 22:40
User photo
DJ Devotion

@Gavin: We've been waiting for a long, long time, and the update has been pushed back many, many times. I do really hope that it will arrive, but for now I'll just have to wait and see. As owner of the bug infested DJM-2000 (as of now MK1) and two CDJ-2000 NXS I am feeling more than a little underwhelmed.

November 14, 2012 22:41
User photo
DJ Devotion

@oakstream: same functions doesn't say the internal components to achieve those functions are similar. I think that for both units there will be completely different firmwares.

November 14, 2012 22:43
User photo
Gavin
Pioneer DJ
@Devotion > Understandable but this is a set in stone release date by which Pioneer will deliver the DJM-2000 firmware update.
November 14, 2012 22:43
User photo
oakstream
Silver

@Devotion It's taken from the FAQ Question 3: http://pioneerdj.com/support/product.php?c=25&lang=en&p=DJM...

November 14, 2012 22:46
User photo
DJ Devotion

@oakstream: You couldn't be more right! Thanks, this made my day!

November 14, 2012 22:51
User photo
DJ Meks

@oakstream DEAMN You really made my day to!!! xD

November 14, 2012 23:03
User photo
Pionix
Silver

DJM 2000 Nexus?

Have i missed something here?

November 14, 2012 23:08
User photo
Pionix
Silver
November 14, 2012 23:09
User photo
DJ Meks

Yes you dide Pionix

November 14, 2012 23:09
User photo
oakstream
Silver

It looks like we won't get the Beat Slice Remix and Sync Master:

Question 3: http://pioneerdj.com/support/product.php?c=7&lang=en&p=DJM-...

What are the differences with the DJM-2000?

This unit carries over the layout and functions of the DJM-2000, but also includes the two new functions below.
1. Slicing out sampled phrases of music and adding beat arrangements – Beat Slice Remix.
2. Sync Master for controlling the beats of tracks played on connected players collectively.
Through this, the PRO DJ LINK function for connecting to the CDJ-2000nexus and other Pioneer DJ players is improved, and a wider variety of music arrangements can be made with greater accuracy. Furthermore, the endurance of the channel faders and the sound quality required for equipment that is installed permanently in clubs have also been improved.

November 14, 2012 23:22
User photo
Zeus Tunage

gutted

November 14, 2012 23:26
User photo
T-Top

A bit confused about Sync master... so you'd put your nexus decks on slave, and control the BPM through the mixer? And that would be on the touch screen?

November 14, 2012 23:28
User photo
oakstream
Silver

@T-Top http://pioneerdj.com/english/pressrelease/entry/entry.php?ent=20121115

② “SYNC MASTER”, collectively controlling beat of multiple players
Beats (tempo and beat position) of tracks playing on multiple players*3 connected to the mixer via LINK can be automatically synchronized with the master clock of the mixer. The playback tempo can also be adjusted using the mixer touch panel. Player beats can be controlled in full from the mixer, which means numerous tracks can be arranged with ease without having to synchronize the beats of each player.

November 14, 2012 23:31
User photo
DJ Devotion

Strange though: "The same firmware can be used for the DJM-2000 and DJM-2000nexus. By updating your DJM-2000 to firmware version 3.0, the same functions as the DJM-2000nexus can be used on your DJM-2000."

The SAME functions implies that the new firmare enables all of the DJM-2000 NXS function on the DJM-2000.
@Gavin: Does the MK1 have all the functions through the new firmware or not. And if not, which will be left out?

November 14, 2012 23:51
User photo
Gavin
Pioneer DJ
@Oakstream > Yes, the firmwares are the same however the hardware to support those features are different. Just like the CDJ2000 (MK1) where the hardware is available to support those features it will be made available but, like I said, fundamentally the mk1 and mk2 hardware is different.
November 14, 2012 23:53
User photo
Gavin
Pioneer DJ
@Devotion > most but not all. The Nexus will have the following two additional features: 1. Slicing out sampled phrases of music and adding beat arrangements – Beat Slice Remix. 2. Sync Master for controlling the beats of tracks played on connected players collectively.
November 15, 2012 00:27
User photo
Kid Ali

Just for clarification: the DJM-2000 won't have the new Beat Slice Sampler at all?

November 15, 2012 00:33
User photo
Gavin
Pioneer DJ
@Kid Ali > I don't believe it will, no.
November 15, 2012 00:35
User photo
Ondřej Mikulášek

Gavin: sorry... but if is in FAQ  "The same firmware can be used for the DJM-2000 and DJM-2000nexus. By updating your DJM-2000 to firmware version 3.0, the same functions as the DJM-2000nexus can be used on your DJM-2000." ... many people (include me) will think, that old DJM 2k will have all new DJM 2k features.

I understand, that Pioneer needs to sell new units and there is hw limitation od old units... but I don´t understand this FAQ. Many people (include me) was very, very happy, when we reads this FAQ text... and this information is "cold shower" for us :-(.

November 15, 2012 01:05
User photo
Gavin
Pioneer DJ
@Kid Ali and @Ondrej > my mistake, ALL the features will become available on the MK1.
November 15, 2012 02:21
User photo
DJ Devotion

@Gavin: Stop messing me around, I have feelings too LOL ;-) Happy again at the moment!

November 15, 2012 02:30
User photo
Kid Ali

This is like a rollercoaser :D

You should change the 2nd FAQ article in this case

November 15, 2012 02:38
User photo
Pionix
Silver

But do you need the cdj Nexus to make them all work?

November 15, 2012 02:52
User photo
D Mark Mills

I would like to think that when I have waited for so long for the mk 1 to be fixed that this new firmware was fully tested and working properly before being rolled out to the general population of mk1 owners , the last thing I want is to find out is that the mixer has been made even more unusable .It is also unclear that between the now two mixers what is an update and what will be the new features for the mk1 or are the said new features just compatibilities for working along side Nexus players , I would appreciate a post explaining the update/fix for the mk1 eg fixes & upgrades ,new features if that is possible.

regards . 

November 15, 2012 04:53
User photo
D Mark Mills

I guess what is being said here by me and others more clarity please ,Nice to here good news though .

November 15, 2012 04:58
User photo
Zeus Tunage

if the beat slice is in the mark 1 im gonna be so happy

November 15, 2012 05:34
User photo
T-Top

@Kid Ali and @Ondrej > my mistake, ALL the features will become available on the MK1.
Pioneer doing something right! That is actually awesome :D 

November 15, 2012 06:14
User photo
Jack EDM

GOD I hope this update will make me happy! If they manage to make all existing things working 100% and add some new functions (which we have suggested since the day it came out) I would be very happy! if not then I SELL my DJM and buy a xone db4 :)

November 15, 2012 07:16
User photo
Gavin
Pioneer DJ

@Devotion > Sorry, my bad!

@Kid Ali > Thanks for sticking out the ride ;)

@Pionix > Yes, you will need CDJ2000nexus to avail of some of the newer features.

@Mark Mills > Ok, clarity. EVERYTHING that is in the firmware on the DJMnexus is also include in the MK1 mixer. However, you will need CDJnexus to avail of some of these features.

@Zeus > Yes, the beat slice is included in the MK1.

@T-Top > I hope this does go to show that Pioneer (and us forum guys) consider all your feedback very strongly and try to do right by our users.

November 15, 2012 07:44
User photo
tasos

It's very nice to hear that most of the new features will be available on the djm2000! However... I think at easter, if all will be ok with the nexus, i will not stay away from him...

November 15, 2012 07:52
User photo
Zeus Tunage

@gav nice one, 3.0 seems worth the wait now :) very happy with that, and yes it does show that pioneer (and you guys) are considering our feedback. have to admit if the nexus came out and the mk1 was literally abandoned in its current state id have been going elsewhere for my next dj purchase. i have one cdj1000 and one cdj2000 but if this 3.0 fw does what it says i'll defo make my next cdj a 2000 nexus to access these features i cant get on the cdj2k mk1

today is a great day and i think the support on here is great. really happy the djm is getting fixed, the fact that there is now a release date is great. one thing i would say is though pioneer needs to work on communicating to its customers better. ie if we had been told that there wasnt going to be 3.0 till the nexus was released then maybe people would have been alot more understanding.

its been along time coming but im happy

November 15, 2012 07:55
User photo
Pionix
Silver

@Pionix > Yes, you will need CDJ2000nexus to avail of some of the newer features.

care to expand on this?

November 15, 2012 08:30
User photo
PoDeZebi

mmm I just want to know... But, what the new firmware will bring to me ? I'm a CDJ900 owner ...

Please, don't tell me nothing...

Thanx ;)

November 15, 2012 08:46
User photo
Pulse
Pioneer DJ

@PoDeZebi > This isn't a thread about the CDJs, please keep it on topic.

November 15, 2012 09:47
User photo
PoDeZebi

@Pulse > I know !!! Sorry, my english is so poor (no more practice)... I just mean that if update bring new features to the DJM2000, but available with CDJ200N, will i have any features available even if i use CDJ900 ? 

November 15, 2012 09:56
User photo
Pulse
Pioneer DJ

Yes, see earlier posts.

November 15, 2012 10:01
User photo
D Mark Mills

@GAVIN

That sounds better than many of us mk1 owners could have hoped for ,as long as it's tight without to many serious problems my faith in Pioneer will be restored,looking forward to the release and you mods can take a holiday from some of us moaning mk 1 owners ,but for how long ....

November 15, 2012 10:19
User photo
T-Top

@Zeus "today is a great day and i think the support on here is great. really happy the djm is getting fixed, the fact that there is now a release date is great."
I thought there was no release date on the firmware? If there is then what is it? 

@Gavin - Yes, very impressed with this one! You guys are always great (forum mods) and SO happy that Pioneer didn't just leave the 2000 owners in the dark with this one. The Remix button on my mixer feels useless right now but this will change everything

November 15, 2012 13:37
User photo
walter_white

Pulse/Gav,

Will we (MK1) owners lose any features with the ver. 3.0 update?  Anything get dropped for the DJM2000nexus?  I would imagine IF anything it would be in the touch section...

Thanks in advance.

November 16, 2012 00:05
User photo
Zeus Tunage

@t-top sorry bro just meant end of november :) as for ages we didnt know when it was coming.... now we do (hopefully)

November 16, 2012 00:53
User photo
DJMe

Thank you Pioneer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love you guys!

Forget every other hyped up crappy DJ company out there.

If youre not on Pioneer, your not doing it!

Now soon,  I will have the two worlds greatest mixers:

I now have the DDJ-SX (AWESOME!) and in version 3.0 I will have updated my DJM 2000!!!

Love you guys. Thanks for the leadership GAVIN!

November 16, 2012 11:28
User photo
DJ Code:E
Silver

Gavin Some Pioneer person the Pioneer Youtube page said the old DJM will be getting the beat slicer can you make 100% sure if it will or will not be. 

November 16, 2012 13:40
User photo
F!RMWAR3

This has been said several times on this forum. they said it will get all new touchscreen features.. there was some confusion about it but they clarified it. I saved the topics on my harddrive just in case 'they get lost' ;)

SO if they do not cheat on us I am sure we will get it 

November 16, 2012 23:29
User photo
Pionix
Silver

They may be getting them but the question is will it work with the MK1's

Thats what most people are waiting to find out.

November 16, 2012 23:41
User photo
Ondřej Mikulášek

Gavin: wauu... thank you for information!

I´m verry happy from it :-).

November 16, 2012 23:43
User photo
DJ NVASION
I am a djm 900 nexus owner and glad to here djm 2000 mk1 owners happy with the results PIO is about to give current owners with a updated firmware to have all the features that the new djm 2000 nexus will have. Am I right to assume that djs like myself interested in getting another mixer or upgrading can just try get the djm 2000 mk1 instead of getting the new djm 2000 nexus and still work the same in theory of course? I could be wrong but If everyone tried to purchase the discontinued djm 2000 to cut costs as you can get one now for hundreds of $ cheaper than the new nexus, so what is the point in PIO selling a new nexus at 2500$ when it is essentially an already firmware updated mk1?
November 17, 2012 07:09
User photo
Pionix
Silver

I Personally would just wait and see.

November 17, 2012 07:23
User photo
Ondřej Mikulášek

DJ NVASION: there is more differecies... some id HW based. Another buttons description, another color of isolator knobs, better faders and so...

... so I think, that DJM 2000 Nexus is replacing for DJM 2000 and MK1 is discontinued.

November 17, 2012 21:11
User photo
Ondřej Mikulášek

Can´t wait for update.... :-).

Update, update, update!!! :-).

November 17, 2012 21:12
User photo
D Mark Mills

Well soon It'll be guinea pig time to see if wether the said updates actually work on the mk1 or wether Pioneer will render the mk1 un un-usable ,don't get me wrong I am looking forward to this update/fix but the trend of Pioneer's track record leaves me slightly cold man !!

November 18, 2012 01:22
User photo
Benno Revelli

@Mark They had plenty of time to make it right this time ;) 

November 18, 2012 23:14
User photo
Xador

@ Benno: They had plenty of time for the last update as well!!! It was nearly 1 year!

So, we will see... But, if this firmware update will be also a fail, it will be really embarrassing for Pioneer... even more than it is now!

November 19, 2012 11:10
User photo
Zeus Tunage

getting close now, 20th today..... end of november is imminent :) too excited, ooh the suspense lol

November 20, 2012 05:14
User photo
Fredrik F

Looking forward now.

Im happy to see that the engineers have had time for the Mk1 update

November 20, 2012 06:26
User photo
DJ Madman

Guys from Pioneer Russia said: CDJ2000 & DJM 2000 were discontinued @summer 2012. There's zero units of them on the Pio warehouse.

November 20, 2012 09:30
User photo
Gavin
Pioneer DJ
Discontinued in the sense that they're not being made anymore. Certainly not discontinued from any form of support standpoint.
November 20, 2012 21:48
User photo
Fredrik F

Copied from Gavin in this thread…

an update for the original DJM2000 will be available at the end of this month - it will include many bug fixes as well as incorporating some of the new features from the Nexus.

November 15

Understandable but this is a set in stone release date by which Pioneer will deliver the DJM-2000 firmware update.

November 15

When will you release it ?

November 30, 2012 06:04
User photo
L V G

End of November reached ...

November 30, 2012 06:24
User photo
eLem3ntx

Well maybe they it'll be released on 23:59 this Friday :]

November 30, 2012 07:47
User photo
Fredrik F

Don’t get me wrong here (this is not a personal thing about you Gavin), I love Pioneer products. But the lack of Information about the updates is ridiculous. Making everybody frustrated like myself. Why don’t just simply put out a message like you did on Cj2000nexus Firmware update delay thread.

Copy/pasted :

Look, Pioneer gave a date. Only in the last few hours Pulse and I got an email - there's a bug they're working on and, unfortunately, they've had to postpone the release. It's in Pioneers best interest to release updates - any logical reasoning could see that. But this is exactly the reason Pioneer never have release dates in the past. If you're in the business of programming, you know how things work. And finally, the engineers constantly read the forums for feedback. Please have some respect for the hard work they are doing November 30, 2012 06:54

@ Gavin: This last sentence is making me pissed. Turn it around and please have some respect for us customers/users.

November 30, 2012 18:49
User photo
Jack EDM

So  what is the new date? ?

November 30, 2012 21:18
User photo
Mark90
Silver

Just wait.

November 30, 2012 22:14
User photo
T-Top

Isn't it obvious? Pioneer is operating in Valve Standard Time.
https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Valve_Time 

November 30, 2012 23:14
User photo
GlasEye2

We might be waiting for another f***ing year!  A Class Action Suit here in the US should settle this broken promises.

November 30, 2012 23:32
User photo
Gavin
Pioneer DJ
Just to be clear, and in case any one has missed it, an announcement will be made, in relation to an update, next week.
December 01, 2012 00:38
User photo
Gavin
Pioneer DJ
If you wish to discuss legal action you would be well advised not to discuss it here on the forums.
December 01, 2012 00:57
User photo
Gavin
Pioneer DJ
@Fredrik > that last sentence is only targeted at those that can't have a civil conversation / argument. I've passed along all the information I have - an announcement will be made next week.
December 01, 2012 01:05
User photo
DJ Hayzee

Just be happy our DJM-2000 MK1's are getting some of the nexus features people. We all own one of the best mixers on the market I'm sure you can get by for a couple of more weeks without the update.  A class action suit "To settle this broken promises" posted on a web forum? Thats just ignorant.

December 01, 2012 08:20
User photo
T-Top
Class action law suit? That will slow things down if anything - that was a stupid comment though man pioneer is working at it just wait it out
December 01, 2012 08:58
User photo
DJ Code:E
Silver

Its december.... Wasnt the update coming in november? 

December 01, 2012 09:42
User photo
GlasEye2

Read my comment again about the Class Action Suit.  I didn't mention any timeline stupid.  I have been waiting for this update for over a year so I could use my DJM 2000 at its full potential.  Right now it is half paper weight - half something else.  Yeah, I am waiting but I would encourage you and everyone else to think of a back-up plan - just in case.

December 01, 2012 11:13
User photo
Pionix
Silver

What a pile of arse!!,

In no way is the mixer half paperweight half something else!!

i have used the mixer for the last 18 months whilst waiting for the update and its far from useless.

i love my mixer, so what if a few volumes are too loud its still the best mixer out there by a mile.

the way some of these people go on anyone would think its a radio shack mixer, the update will be here when it gets here and its not as if the mixer is sitting on the shelf not being used as its broken!!

/rant over

December 01, 2012 11:47
User photo
GlasEye2

Yep.  After over a year of waiting for the FIX, we all know how well the support came in.

I had my excitement lived for about 5 months after I bought my mixer and fizzled out because of lackluster support. 

Lesson learned and will not throw any more $$$ the Pioneer way.

Right now, my mixer is a pile of arse, half paper weight -half something else!

Rant over.

December 01, 2012 13:44
User photo
Mark90
Silver

Ok, out of curiosity, aside from the loud sidechain and loud Noise Inst FX, what *exactly* is wrong with the DJM-2000?  What doesn't the Frequency Mix do for you?  Are the EFX Beat FX inadequate for your needs?  What part of the Filter Inst FX fails you?

Maybe I'm nit-picking, but do you recall some tiny little feature called... erm... QUANTIZE, that was added in after the 900nexus was released?

I owned my DJM-800 for 5 years.  That was fine for 5 years.  No firmware updates... EVER.  Is that 'lackluster support'?  I get the feeling that people think they're being overlooked if there isn't a new firmware every 6 weeks.  It's absurd thinking.

December 01, 2012 14:03
User photo
DJ Hayzee

You must be half short bus and half whiny b***h if you think the DJM 2000 is a paperweight. Like @mark90 said... loud sidechain and loud noise.  Both easy to work around, turn the gain down and use noise on a separate channel. I do agree that a mixer of this caliber and price shouldn't have this issue in the 1st place. But a paperweight? Just shut up and use Traktor/Serato with a midi controller because you're obviously not understanding how powerful this equipment is. I'll give you $200 for your DJM since its such garbage.

December 01, 2012 14:18
User photo
Leee

I think Pioneer are holding the firmware update so they can sell some DJM 2000 Nexus first.

I do like my DJM 2000 but hands down the Xone db4 is the best mixer I have ever used.

December 01, 2012 14:33
User photo
tasos

The best mixer is the one which you are more cretive with it. So if that is the case with the db4, for you, cool! But don't tell me about sound quality's and stuff, at this level of mixers... I am more creative with the 2000!

December 01, 2012 17:39
User photo
Fredrik F

@ Gavin, Thank you for your information that it will be released next week. Pioneer should have given you that info sooner so you could have informed us..

I hope that you are objective and see it from boot sides ;-)

December 01, 2012 18:27
User photo
LightKing Huang

12/3 lol

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

December 02, 2012 18:54
User photo
Gavin
Pioneer DJ

Guys, please play nice.

December 05, 2012 09:16
User photo
LightKing Huang

3.0  Where????????

December 05, 2012 15:20
User photo
Justin
Don't shoot the messenger guys, Gavin is only trying to help. It's apparent the problem stems much deeper into the company than these posts on the forums... I rarely see anything positive anymore...
December 05, 2012 17:57
User photo
Gavin
Pioneer DJ
@LightKing Huang > v3.0 is not yet available for the DJM-2000.
December 06, 2012 04:42
User photo
Matt

Hi Gavin, Any idea when version 3 update will be available? Very eager to get on it :)

Cheers, Matt

December 08, 2012 00:43
User photo
hatrik
December 08, 2012 00:51
User photo
Matt

thanks hatrik

:)

December 08, 2012 02:46
User photo
clint swan

sorry i don't mean to sound like i'm moaning.....But ! i've put my whole dj of things into the cdj 2000 & Djm 2000 way of life and to be Frank i aint happy at all....I've got a gig this Saturday being the 22nd and since i've updated to recordbox 2.0.2 and my Cdj's to Version 4.20 i can't seem to play more the 8 tracks before it shuts down.....now i can't afford to have this problem this saturday night cause i would take a lot of stick....so my question to you Pioneer is can you please send me the link to Recordbox 1.5.4 so i can get through this gig this weekend please while you guys work on sorting this out....respect..

December 18, 2012 11:06
User photo
Fredrik F

@ clint...

You have to register an account and then just download and follow instructions.

http://www.house-mixes.com/profile/djfreppa/play/rekordbox

December 19, 2012 04:33
User photo
Fredrik F

And good luck with your gig ;-)

December 19, 2012 04:37
User photo
hatrik

Haven't tested it out yet but..... it's out!!!!! 

http://pioneerdj.com/support/product.php?c=686&lang=en&p=DJ...

Thanks Pio! Merry Christmas to you too...

Ver.2.01 -> Ver.3.18 (20 December, 2012 Update)
- Added BEAT SLICE REMIX.
- Added SYNC MASTER.
- Added PEAK LIMITER.
- Changed OSCILLATOR1-4 of SIDECHAIN REMIX to NOISE, HI-HAT, CLAP and SNARE.
- Improved SIDECHAIN REMIX usability in SAMPLER, PITCH and GATE.
- Added manual effects to SIDECHAIN REMIX.
- Manual effects mean that when touching the pad, effects are triggered in this version, 
 whereas increased volume level triggered the effects in the previous version.

December 19, 2012 22:36
User photo
ali_you

wow thanks , finally !!!

December 19, 2012 23:18
User photo
Marsano

SO EXCITED, just about to use it now.....

December 19, 2012 23:38
User photo
eLem3ntx

Wow great update!

Never thought to say that, but the Touchscreen can now be counted as a full working Effect Unit!

December 20, 2012 00:21
User photo
hatrik

Agreed, eLem3ntx, awesome update. Just a 10 minute play around and it's so easy! Touch pad is very responsive and the beat slice is amazing...

December 20, 2012 00:40
User photo
Fredrik F

I will now take away my link for downloading old versions of RB.

I hope it helped someone.

December 20, 2012 05:45
User photo
Pulse
Pioneer DJ

See?  Told you it would be worth the wait!  Thanks for your patience and thanks to the engineers for cramming in some awesome new features.

December 20, 2012 09:06
User photo
Dj Ben Tone's

beste djm 2000 gebruikers,

ik ben super blij met de nieuwe update!

ik heb alleen even een vraag over de master sync van de djm 2000.

werkt de master sync  van de djm 2000 alleen met de cdj 2000 nexus?  want het werkt bij mij niet met de cdj 2000!

of doe ik wat verkeerd?

wie kan mij daar duidelijkheid over geven?

December 20, 2012 16:55