Forums/Pioneer Gear/Digital DJ & XDJ Controllers

Answered

DDJ-SX - Platter / Jog Wheel concerns and questions

Muzakman
asked this on January 16, 2013 20:27

I've just placed an order for the DDJ-SX......it's expected to arrive on the 10th feb due to the high demand so congrats on that Pioneer. However, I'm having some second thoughts about the unit after reading into some common complaints and was wondering if someone at Pioneer could help calm my fears? Firstly, a number of people seem to be having multiple issues with the platters (platters becoming unresponsive, unrealistic spinback response in vinyl mode, general reliability issues). I know there is a sensitivity adjustment knob for the jog wheels, but in some of the instances I have seen this hasn't been effective. Is there now a confirmed known issue here that can be fixed with a firmware update or is this simply an issue with the capacitive touch technology used? Also, if it gets hot and sweaty in a club.....which it always does :-) Will the capacitive touch performance be affected like it is on say an iPad if your fingers are sweaty/wet? I also have concerns about using the DDJ-Sx in different environments as I assume this will also affect the response of the jog wheels? Any information/science insight is much appreciated! Aside from these concerns I am already very impressed with what I've seen. It looks like a great controller. Cheers G

Comments

User photo
Muzakman

Anyone got any info/first hand experience that can comment?

I'm particularly interested how the platters respond when your in a hot sweaty & sweaty club. Really keen to find out if damp hands affect the capacitive touch on the jog wheels like they would on say an ipad/iphone etc?

Thanks,

G

January 18, 2013 23:33
User photo
richard barr

i just spend a  1000 dollars for my pioneer ddj sx  and the backspin sucks bigtime  but other than that i love the unit. come on pioneer i expect better  from u top  equipment guys. u guys are the king of backspin when it comes on to  jog wheels. at least a tension settings on the hardware. i realy love the unit i dont want to take it back.

December 17, 2013 00:07
User photo
richard barr

pioneer dont ignore us your customers we need these tools for the job

December 17, 2013 00:23
User photo
Gavin
Pioneer DJ

@Richard > Sorry man, we're not ignoring you - I'm not sure what you are asking of us. We obviously cannot adjust the tension of the SX as that isn't a feature of the hardware.

February 14, 2014 15:15