Forums/Pioneer Gear/Digital DJ & XDJ Controllers

DDJ SX - firmware issue

jobushwick
posted this on February 24, 2013 12:12

I downloaded the firmware.

My javascript is also up to date.  I am running 10.6.8 Mac OS.

When I open the file to update my SX I get a folder with all these files in it and not one with a .jar file?

I had no issues updating to 1.01 so I am not sure what the issue is. 

Comments

User photo
Vas FURY

Ive got exactly the same problem. No .jar file in the firmware update zip folder. 

Im running Windows 7 64 bit.

Please help.

February 26, 2013 06:44
User photo
jobushwick

I ended up jumping to the new Mac operating system and it worked with Javascript 7 but still...  I think this update is not compatible with older operating systems and you must have Java 7.  One thing I noticed after this update is that when running SX and serrato DJ my computer CPU is COMPLETELY MAXED OUT.  I was not getting this before. 

February 26, 2013 06:58
User photo
Vas FURY

I really getting upset with the headache that it is taking to set up this unit - its supposed to be plug and play, right? 

Well, now, im following the instructions on how to make laptop speakers play the sound, but it seems that after I click on apply in the settings (to change to primary sound driver and SImple Output), the settings in virtual DJ revert back to Headphones/Asio driver automatically, and there is no way I can get this changed.

Please assist with this annoying problem. Been trying to make the unit work for two hours now, and getting really annoyed with this product.

February 26, 2013 07:00
User photo
Vas FURY

Ok, so I managed to get the firmware updated to 1.7, but there is still a problem with trying to play through laptop speakers. the virtual DJ setup controls just revert back to the mode where the headphone jack is the main output. Of course, this makes mixing impossible.

Please advise fix.

February 26, 2013 07:43
User photo
Vas FURY

Interestingly, when the WEGO is switched off, the Virtual DJ audio settings, can be set as normal to play through laptop speakers. Then, as soon as WEGO is switched on, it ovverides it and sends it back into headphone jack

February 26, 2013 07:48
User photo
Vas FURY

Im following the video walkthrough, and it shows that I need to select SIMPLE output, and then BUILT IN OUTPUT - but i dont have this option - I only get - Primary sound driver. Anyway, with the WEGO off, these settings stay saved

Also, i noticed if I start up Virtual DJ by itself, and load in songs and then start playing them, and THEN switch on WEGO, then it starts working through the laptop speakers with all functions working APART from the headphones jack on the WEGO - so no proper mixing possible

February 26, 2013 07:57
User photo
jobushwick

When I used VDJ  I had to do a lot of reconfiguring to get my music to play our of my main speakers and not the laptop speakers

This was a long time ago before their newer version.

March 05, 2013 11:57