Question

4 Followers

The CDJ-2000 Nexus RekordBox Button...

...What does it do, exactly?

Mark90

Please sign in to add your answer.

9 answers

Allows your cdj to be seen over the wireless network and on rbx  that you need to install as they broke it on 1.6.2 and u cant do it anymore cos they broke it on purpose.? lol

Pionix

Yea but djjay, what does the RekordBox button do that the Link button didn't do already...

I think Pionix has actually hit the nail on the head though.

Mark90

It will allow for more intergration.  You can now make adjustments on the fly and determine how you want to use RB with the players, WIFI/Quantize/Looping adjustments/Key detection.

djjay

My understanding is that LINK will be used when linking the players (or to the CDJ2000s) whereas REKORDBOX will be used to connect to the laptop or smartphone applications.

Gavin

I guess it's something I'll have to wait for and see.  Seems an odd way to segment an existing, robust feature.

Mark90

Makes more sense to have the link and RekordBox button separated.

You could get 100 trolls all blasting their RekordBox signal during a show/festival and if you just wanna grab your music source from another player that could become a pain to browse through! 

T-Top

Ohhh didn't realise there had to be an existing network, definitely makes sense though

I thought the decks had transmitters or something and could just pick up a wi-fi signal but now that I think of that, that makes no sense... and I work in I.T. -_- derp 

T-Top