Follow

Important FAQs for Activation and License

Q1: How many computers can be activated with one license?

A1. You can activate a license key on up to two computers.

If you deactivate it after once activated, you can activate it in other computers.

Note: You should use the same Pioneer DJ account email address for the two computers when using one license for activation.

Q2: I lost my license key.

A2-1. If you purchased a license-bundled Pioneer DJ product, please look for a black license card in a plastic bag with a manual document included in the box of the unit you purchased.

• If you lost this license key, please read Q8 and create an inquiry.
  • Please attach a photo of the white sticker with some characters at the rear side of your unit.

A2-2. If you purchased the license key online, please look for the email received after purchasing the license.

Or, please log in CCC (Customer Care Center) of Digital River, you will see your license key on the webpage. Before seeing the license key, you need to set your password in the website.

https://ccc.shareit.com/ccc/my_account.html

Or, please create an inquiry to ask the PDJ Support to resend the license key to your email address. Please see the last question, Q8 for how to create an inquiry. In either case, you need to prepare the order number or the email address used for purchasing the license key.

A2-3. If you already activated the license key, please open rekordbox and click Preferences > License to see the license key in the red circle.

A2-4. You can find the license key when you log in to rekordbox.com or kuvo.com and click Log in or your user name (if already logged in) -> Licenses.

Q3: I cannot activate the license key. Or, I saw error code 15.

A3-1. Please deactivate any computers you already activated.

You can activate a license key on only up to two computers at the same time. If you activated on too many computers, please click “Deactivate” in the license tab from Preferences of rekordbox on the activated computers.

A3-2.  Please use the same Pioneer DJ account email address used for the first activation if you want to activate it on another computer.

The license key and the account email address are tightly linked in the server. The same address should be used as long as you activate the license key. If you want to change your account email address, you need to change it in rekordbox. Please see Q7 for details.

Q4: I forgot my account email address:

A4. If you still log in your account, you can find it when you log into rekordbox.com or kuvo.com and click Log in or your user name (if already logged in) -> My profile. Scroll down to Email, you may find your account email address.

Q5: I forgot my password.

A5. You can easily change your password in rekordbox.

Follow the steps 1 through 6 shown below in the screenshots.

In order to change the password to be used for activation, go to rekordbox and click [Privacy Settings] in the [KUVO] menu.

Enter the email address and password of the account you wish to use and click [Change].

Q6: When I input the license key, Error code 19 appeared like below.

“The license key you entered is being used for another rekordbox account.

One license key cannot be used for more than one rekordbox account.”

I do not have any other rekordbox account. Why does it show this error?

A6: In many occasions, when you use a second-hand DJ equipment and your license key is still activated by the previous owner, this error appears.

If you obtained the unit via private sales, please ask the seller to deactivate the license key on all his/her activated computers. If activated computer(s) is broken, formatted or stolen and the previous owner cannot deactivate on the computer(s), please create a rekordbox inquiry as shown in the last question, Q8.

Q7 : How can I change my account?

A7: It is not recommended to do that, but if you have any important reason, follow the steps below to change your account. Please deactivate all the activated computers before changing your account.

1. 1. Go to rekordbox and click [Privacy Settings] in the [KUVO] menu.

1. 2. Click [Change].

1. Enter the email address and password of the account you wish to use and click [Change].

Q8: How should I create a license/activation related inquiry?

A8: When you create an inquiry, please include the information below in order to expedite the solution.

When you create an inquiry, please remember or take a screenshot of the error code number and a message shown when you cannot activate the license key. If your computer is formatted, broken or stolen, please provide the detailed information of those computers’ names and activation dates, if you remember.

Most important information when you want to ask us to deactivate any of your activated computers are below:

1.License key

2.Your account email address

3-1. For a license key bundled DJ equipment: Invoice or any kind of purchase proof document or email preferably with the purchase date, price and your name in it.

Please attach a photo of the white sticker with serial number on the rear side of your unit.

3-2. For a license key purchase online: Digital River invoice sent with an email.

4.Screenshot of the License list shown when you log into rekordbox.com or kuvo.com and click Log in or your user name (if already logged in) -> Licenses.

Please create an inquiry from this link: https://rekordbox.com/en/support/inquiry.php

Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful

Comments