It is important to properly adjust the levels on your EFX the first time you set it up with a new mixer to ensure that there is no drop or boost in audio levels when you engage the effects. Follow these steps for the easiest setup:
- Play your source on any channel with the S/R off.
- Ensure all effects on the EFX are OFF and the effect level is at 12.
- Turn the S/R on.
- Adjust the INPUT LEVEL on the EFX until the levels match both visually on a channel meter or simply with your ears. If you flip the S/R on and off repeatedly you can facilitate this setup.
- Select the WAH jog effect and flip the switch on.
- Adjust the OUTPUT LEVEL on the EFX until the levels match, again, flipping the S/R on and off will help.
These instructions are based around any Pioneer mixer that features a Send/Return (S/R) loop. If you do not have a S/R (or AUX) loop, you have two choices:
- Connect the EFX unit in-line, between your player and mixer; this allows you to effect only one source, but you will be able to cue it in the headphones.
- Connect the EFX unit post-master, between the master output of the mixer and the next device in the chain, be it an amplifier or your computer for recording.