Bridges the Gap Between Pioneer DJ Hardware and djay Software Users
LONG BEACH, Calif. (January 19, 2012) – Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc., Professional Sound and Visual Division today announced that its popular DDJ-ERGO DJ controller for home DJs can now control algoriddim’s djay™ 4 software (version 4.0.3) for Mac OS®, bringing sophisticated, professional-style control of iTunes® music libraries to the platform.
Since its introduction in September 2011, the DDJ-ERGO controller has been praised for its sleek design and compact size. Like djay 4 for Mac, the DDJ-ERGO places the same emphasis on the DJing experience, bringing simplicity to both setup and performance without compromising on features and sound quality. The native integration of the DDJ-ERGO with djay enables direct access to all key features via dedicated controls, mirroring djay’s graphical user interface and ensuring a seamless and easy user experience.
“The DDJ-ERGO provides consumers with a lot of flexibility, giving them various choices in the software they want to use including algoriddim’s new djay 4 for Mac,” said David Arevalo, senior marketing manager for the Professional Sound and Visual Division, Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. “We’re bringing the unique Pioneer DJ feel to djay users for the first time.”
The djay 4 for Mac software has a stunning and efficient visual interface that pros and beginners alike can appreciate for its ease of use, while delivering forward-thinking features. Its Harmonic Match™ feature is a perfect example of djay’s seamless integration with the Mac Platform, utilizing the built-in iTunes browsing interface. The software automatically registers the key of each playing song and matches it to songs of the same key in the user’s iTunes library. For users of djay for iPad® or iPhone®, the software automatically syncs cue points and other metadata created over-the-air via Apple’s iCloud® service, making them readily available when performing live.
“We are thrilled to pair djay with a controller as sophisticated and fun to use as Pioneer’s DDJ-ERGO,” said Karim Morsy, CEO of algoriddim. “We have always believed in making djay a tool for all levels of DJs. Supporting the DDJ-ERGO allows DJs of all levels to enjoy this elegant and simple combination of hardware and software.”
DDJ-ERGO Features Include:
- Pulse Control – The integrated Pulse Control of the DDJ-ERGO provides users with visual prompts via various types of illuminations on its buttons and platters. The controller utilizes a new “Pure Platter” jog wheel that helps guide the user during performance with the movement of lights in accordance with the pitch, beat, and effects of the music as well as when a song is being loaded.
- Laptop Dock Design – Like Pioneer’s other DDJ controllers, the DDJ-ERGO is designed to accommodate the placement of a laptop computer below the unit to help save room and bring the screen closer to the user. The controller also features removable legs, enabling it be used in angled or horizontal positions.
- Matching Hardware Layout – The algoriddim djay 4 is designed to work intuitively with the DDJ-ERGO’s two players and two-channel mixer setup. The controller offers a user-friendly layout and features HOT CUE, samplers and effects.
- User Interface – The DDJ-ERGO enables users to slide the keypads of their laptops under the controller for easy viewing of the GUI displayed on the computer screen. The new djay software features key detection and matching (Harmonic Match), beat detection and matching (BPM Sync) and visual waveforms to make DJ performance fun and easy.
- USB Power – The DDJ-ERGO utilizes power from USB connections found on a Mac, eliminating the need for an external power supply and allowing for quick play of the djay software.
- Additional Features – The combined controller and djay software are fully optimized and designed for OS X® and feature MIDI Learn and support multi-touch control.
The DDJ-ERGO controller is available now at a suggested retail price of $699.
Algoriddim’s djay 4 software (version 4.0.3) for Mac for the DDJ-ERGO is now in the Mac App Store for $19.99.
The DDJ-ERGO firmware must be updated to the latest version before use with the djay 4 software for Mac. The latest DDJ-ERGO firmware (version 1.10) can be downloaded at no charge at Pioneer Support.
Pioneer offers a complete line of professional DJ Equipment through its Professional Sound & Visual Division. Its DJM series of mixers has become an industry standard at clubs, studios, mobile rigs and homes around the world, known for its high quality sound and reliability. For more information, visit www.pioneerdjusa.com.
Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. is headquartered in Long Beach, Calif., and its U.S. Web address is www.pioneerelectronics.com. Its parent company, Pioneer Corporation, established in Tokyo in 1938, is a preeminent manufacturer of high-performance audio, video and computer equipment for the home, car and business markets.
Pioneer is a registered trademark of Pioneer Corporation
iPhone, iPad, iTunes, Mac OS, and OS X are trademarks of Apple, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
iCloud is a service mark of Apple, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
djay and Harmonic Match are trademarks of algoriddim GmbH.