TWO INNER-EAR HEADPHONES FROM PIONEER DJ ARE READY TO BE HEARD
Inner Ear Headphone Offerings Designed for DJ Style Listening
LONG BEACH, Calif. (March 5, 2014) –
Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc.’s Professional Sound and Visual Division today unveiled the DJE-2000 and DJE-1500 enclosed inner ear headphones, designed and sound-tuned for use by today’s advanced DJs. With the clear understanding that DJs have specific audio characteristic requirements and traditionally listen to music differently, paying closer attention to the particular beats of music, Pioneer’s new inner-ear headphones were made for both their leisure music listening and for music preparation while on the go. Both models have unique design features including large high quality 9.4 millimeter drivers, replaceable and detachable cables, and interchangeable earphone tips that dampen external noise.
“Conventional DJ headphones are great for use when connected to a system, but not always ideal when you’re listening to music on a portable device. Many DJs feel regular headphones are too big to carry around while on the go, which is why we created these new in-ear headphones. We want DJs to get the best of both worlds, obtaining the same DJ quality sound found in our HDJ headphones but in a much smaller form factor so portability isn’t an issue,” said David Arevalo, senior marketing manager, Professional Sound and Visual Division for Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. “Both the DJE-1500 and DJE-2000 offer great sound quality that emphasizes on critical frequencies DJs look for, with mids and highs more pronounced and easier to pick out.”
- Hybrid 2-Way Driver – The DJE-2000 is designed with a “hybrid” 2-way driver system for producing clear and more precise audio quality throughout the entire frequency spectrum. With the use of rare and powerful magnets for its speakers, the larger 9.4 mm driver located in the back of the earphone produces low bass frequencies with impact, while the front driver efficiently generates critical mid and high frequencies so key instrumental sounds DJs pay close attention to, such as snare drums and cymbals, are more pronounced.
- Multiple Earphone Tips – The flagship model includes three Comply™ foam earphone tips (S/M/L) to provide an extremely comfortable fit as well as reduce unwanted external sounds from entering and interfering with the original music. In addition, the model also includes four silicone tips (XS/S/M/L) and one triple flanged silicone tip to accommodate different sizes of ear canals.
- Detachable Cable – Pioneer provides a detachable MMCX connector for maximum versatility. The cable is applied with a special textile coating that improves durability and reduces tangling and twisting.
Click on any thumbnail for a full-size image.
- Dynamic Driver – The DJE-1500 utilizes a large 9.4 mm driver and CCAW voice coil reinforced by a powerful magnet for efficient production of a wide frequency range for different types of music listening. The diaphragm of the speaker is made of a ceramic powder coating composite designed to reduce internal vibration that can cause distortion to be induced into the original music content.
- Adjustable Housing – The DJE-1500 is designed for over-the-ear or conventional fitting utilizing a rotatable housing that can easily be adjusted to the user’s listening preference.
- Multiple Earphone Tips – The unit also includes a medium sized Comply™ foam earphone tip for maximum comfort, fit and noise isolation, as well as four silicone tips (XS/S/M/L) to accommodate different sizes of ear canals.
- Detachable Cable – Pioneer also designed the MMCX connector to be detachable for increased versatility. In addition, several inches of the cable that plugs into the earphone are made of memory-shape resin material to help ensure the earphone stays in place when used in over-the-ear applications.
Click on any thumbnail for a full-size image.
The DJE-2000 and the DJE-1500 headphones are available in April 2014 with suggested retail prices of $359 and $189 respectively.
PIONEER is a registered trademark of Pioneer Corporation.
Comply is a trademark of Hearing Components, Inc.
Pioneer offers a complete line of professional DJ Equipment through its Professional Sound & Visual Division. Its DJ products are industry standards at clubs, studios, mobile rigs and homes around the world, known for their high quality sound and reliability. For more information, visit www.pioneerdjusa.com.
Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. is headquartered in Long Beach, Calif., and its U.S. Web address is http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/. Its parent company, Pioneer Corporation, established in Tokyo in 1938, is a preeminent manufacturer of high-performance audio, video and computer equipment for the home, car and business markets.