PIONEER BRINGS BACK VINYL PLAYBACK WITH NEW DIRECT DRIVE ANALOG TURNTABLE
PLX-1000 Turntable Designed for True Vinyl Enthusiasts
LONG BEACH, Calif. (July 17, 2014) – Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc.’s Professional Sound and Visual Division today launched the PLX-1000 professional turntable. The DJ quality PLX-1000 direct drive analog turntable is designed for DJs who enjoy the look, feel, and performance of vinyl for music playback. The model offers a highly familiar, user-friendly control layout, high-torque direct drive mechanism, and exceptional audio playback quality. The PLX-1000 can be combined with Pioneer’s professional series DJM mixer for building the ideal system for true vinyl enthusiasts.
“There’s an entire DJ community that continues to use vinyl because they love the concept and feel of a moving platter associated with traditional turntables,” said David Arevalo, director of marketing, Professional Sound and Visual Division for Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. “Existing turntable users will definitely appreciate what we’ve put into developing the PLX-1000, and that we’ve stuck to the true philosophy of vinyl. Now that we have added a high performance analog turntable with superb sound quality into the mix, no matter what type of DJ you are, Pioneer offers a product that will suit your style and preference.”
- User-Friendly Control Layout – The PLX-1000 provides a user friendly layout familiar to top DJs of the past and present, providing quick tempo control capability on the right side of the player, start/stop button on the left side, and a high-torque platter with a lighted speed guide.
- High-Torque Direct Drive System – The direct drive mechanism of the PLX-1000 provides high-torque resulting in stable rotation and exceptional control. The turntable can achieve a starting torque of at least 4.5kg-cm and can reach its fixed rotation speed within 0.3 seconds (at 33 1/3 rpm).
- Sound Quality Design – To create an extremely stable player and prevent vibration, Pioneer utilized a heavy-mass zinc die-cast chassis for the top section of the player, reinforced with a bottom section made of 8-mm thick resin. The base of the unit was further enforced with 9-mm thick vibration-damping material that results in extremely stable playback. The tone arm also received great attention in build quality and design to maximize performance, using rubber insulation to minimize howling effects during audio playback. The RCA jacks feature gold-plated machine-cut parts for low impedance for excellent sound quality output.
- Tempo Control – The player provides a range of tempo adjustments from ±8% and ±16% to ±50%, giving users a range of pitch speeds. A “RESET” button for tempo sits next to the tempo slider for instant ±0% fixed rotation speed.
- Detachable Power and Audio Cables – The PLX-1000 is built with a detachable power and audio cable connection for increased convenience, especially at times when the unit is being moved around. Users are also able to interchange cables to further customize the sound quality.
The Pioneer PLX-1000 professional analog turntable will be available in August with a suggested retail price of $849.
The PLX-1000 will be on display at the International DJ Expo on August 12-14 in Atlantic City, NJ.
PIONEER is a registered trademark of Pioneer Corporation.
Pioneer offers a complete line of professional DJ Equipment through its Professional Sound & Visual Division. Its DJ products are industry standards at clubs, studios, mobile rigs and homes around the world, known for their high quality sound and reliability. For more information, visit www.pioneerdjusa.com.
Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. is headquartered in Long Beach, Calif., and its U.S. Web address is http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/. Its parent company, Pioneer Corporation, established in Tokyo in 1938, is a preeminent manufacturer of high-performance audio, video and computer equipment for the home, car and business markets.