Last updated Oct. 16, 2012
To download the latest firmware and sound drivers, please follow this link: CDJ-900 Firmware & Drivers
Firmware - 4.11
Drivers - 1.102
Firmware upgrade instruction video:
(Yes, the video was made for a CDJ-2000 but the instructions are the same for a CDJ-900.)
Firmware from 4.11 to 4.20
- Certain restricted features of CDJ-2000nexus when using with CDJ-2000/CDJ-900 become available:
-- WAVEFORM ZOOM
-- KEY indicators
-- ACTIVE LOOP
-- HOT CUE AUTO LOAD
-- MY SETTINGS SAVE/LOAD
Firmware from 4.01 to 4.11
- Fixed an issue that a particular USB3.0 does not work properly. (The transfer rate for a USB3.0 device is the same as USB2.0.)
- Fixed an issue that static noise was occasionally generated with a particular MP3 file.
Firmware from 4.05 to 4.10
- Improved sound quality and stability when playing with MASTER TEMPO on
Firmware from 4.04 to 4.05
- Bug Fix - Loop audio would skip one frame during certain operation.
- Corrected an issue which would cause the beat grid to become misaligned by 50ms when engaging the Master Tempo.
- Corrected an issue where a click sound was generated on the audio playback for the specific MP3 files.
Firmware from 4.0 to 4.04
- Bug Fix - When using certain types of HDD that have a fixed long wake time from sleep mode, the player would stop the playback (E-8302 PLAYER ERROR) when trying to access it across the PRO DJ LINK.
Firmware from 3.2 to 4.0
- Expanded Pro DJ Link(LAN Link) function.
- The new "UTILITY DUPLICATION" function allows instantaneous copying of player settings.
- Support for the output of song BPM information to the "DJM-900nexus" DJ mixer.
- Improved usability for the TAG LIST function to save them as playlists in rekordbox.
- Solved the problem in USB3.0 media compatible with USB2.0. Transfer rate is same as USB2.0(480Mbps) when you use USB3.0 media.
- Easy to recognize "ON AIR" Display.
- Bug Fix - After adjusting LOOP OUT Setting by JOG Control, rarely can not use OUT ADJUST mode.
- UNLOCK/LOCK function enabled for software.
- Improved Sound Quality with Master Tempo.
- Improved the fault where the LOOP-IN would not work if the entire CD was set for the loop.
- Bug Fix - Removed noise generated in LOOP playback of specific CDs.
Firmware from 3.1 to 3.2
- The Media Select Buttons (DISC, USB, LINK, etc.) will now blink when a track is loaded to clearly indicate the Media source.
- A rare problem accessing Media Devices (USB, SD-Card.) has been resolved.
- An error occurred after long play times which caused audio interuptions.
Firmware from 3.0 to 3.1
- Enhanced connectivity with DJ software, allows the software to show the following information on the display of CDJ: Browsing music file, Cue/Loop Point, Waveform, Album Art.
- Please note: you may need to adjust "HID SETTING" on utility setting up to DJ software you use. Please select [ADVANCED] on [HID SETTING], if your DJ software is Serato Scratch Live Ver2.1 or newer. If not please select [STANDARD] on [HID SETTING].
- Factory default of QUANTIZE changed from OFF to ON.
- LOOP smoothing process was improved; the sound output become smoother between LOOP end and LOOP start or silence part and sound part.
- Bug fixed / when "SLIP" mode was canceled, a beat mismatch occurred.
- The start time of playing back a track is quicker when "AUTO CUE" is enabled.
- Bug fixed / not able to set a loop when the track is shorter than 2s.
- The brightness of the buttons around display are adjusted darker, to improve visibility (BROWSE, TAGLIST, INFO, LINK, USB, DISC).
- Improve TEMPO slider operation and stability.
Driver from 1.100 to 1.102
- Added a support of 24bit format in addition to current 16bit USB Audio I/F (Sound Card) format.
Firmware from 2.03 to 3.0
- rekordbox™ Link and online export - Drag & drop playback with connected CDJs via LAN cable.
- Quantize Loop improvement – From 0.5 audio frame to 1ms accuracy.
- Version Number - Version number will be displayed after power on.
- Caution Display - Caution will be displayed when linked with older CDJ firmware.
- History registering time changed from 45 seconds to 60 seconds plus Dark Green colour indication.
- 24 bit USB Audio - MAC OS X and ASIO4ALL Windows.
- Repaired file number limitation (61 files) in YEAR browse mode.
- Digital Output – lead out recording error causing external device to stop recording.
Firmware from 2.02 to 2.03
- Performance improvement.
- BPM accuracy improvement.
Firmware from 2.0 to 2.02
- Enhances play ability and stability.
- Enhances stability of link function.