rekordbox version 4.2.1 Packs New Features
RMX EFFECTS Plus Pack for rekordbox dj Offers Fresh Creative Possibilities
Torrance, CA (August 2, 2016): Pioneer DJ is bringing new features to its free music management software, rekordbox. Available today, rekordbox version 4.2.1 delivers a new way of easily recording analog sound sources, so you can effortlessly manage digital and analog music in one library.
Using its audio analysis technology, rekordbox detects the silence between tracks and creates a separate file in your library for each one, so you can press play and record a whole album from an analog source to individual tracks without resetting the recording in between songs. Thanks to the new Normalize function, when DJs use recorded tracks, their volume will automatically standardize, so there’s no need to edit levels in advance. Pioneer DJ is also making it easier to find the perfect track to play next in a set with its new Matching feature. Users can audition tracks in rekordbox and mark the ones that mix well together, then when DJing on certain multiplayers (CDJ-TOUR1, CDJ-2000NXS2), they can choose to display the matched tracks with the track that’s currently playing (firmware update required).
Pioneer DJ is also releasing the new RMX EFFECTS Plus Pack for rekordbox dj. Taking the Scene FX from our RMX hardware – effects units used by DJs and producers for live performances and track-making – the Plus Pack brings exciting new ways for DJs to unleash their creativity and make unique sets.
Additionally, to further improve the accessibility of rekordbox, the application now supports all languages supported by Mac OS and Windows, including Hebrew and Arabic.
Download the rekordbox 4.2.1 update.
To use the RMX EFFECTS Plus Pack
Download the latest version of rekordbox for free. Purchase rekordbox dj ($129.00) and the RMX EFFECTS Plus Pack ($9.90) license keys. Alternatively, you can subscribe to rekordbox dj for $9.90 per month and get the RMX EFFECTS Plus Pack as part of your subscription plan.
Plus Packs add performance features to our free rekordbox music management application:
- rekordbox dj Plus Pack
- rekordbox dvs (Plus Pack for rekordbox dj)
- rekordbox video (Plus Pack for rekordbox dj)
- RMX EFFECTS (Plus Pack for rekordbox dj)
Find out more about the rekordbox family and rekordbox Plus Packs.
KEY FEATURES OF RECORDING IN rekordbox (ver. 4.2.1)
- Easy Track Management
Start recording with ease thanks to the simple GUI that’s free of complex settings. Recorded tracks are automatically added to your library so you can find them easily and add them to playlists.
- Automatic Recording
Play your analog sound source and rekordbox starts recording. Then it stops when it detects silence between tracks or when you pause playback. There’s no need for you to edit out silence.
- Automatic Track Creation
Each time rekordbox detects silence and pauses recording, a new file is created and added to your library. There’s no need to manually divide recorded audio into tracks.
- Normalize Function
The volume of recorded files is automatically adjusted to a standard level and saved so you can DJ with all your tracks without having to edit or adjust their volume.
KEY FEATURES OF THE RMX EFFECTS rekordbox dj PLUS PACK
Scene FX taken from the Remix Station effects units can be used to highlight exciting sections of tracks or insert breaks to create live remixes.
Effects for highlighting exciting sections in tracks
- BPF Echo – Adds the sound that has passed through the band pass filter to the original sound and adds echo.
- Noise – Adds white noise generated internally to the sound.
- Spiral Up – Raises pitch of the sound while changing echo reverberation time.
- Reverb Up – Adds a reverberation effect to the sound and raises the pitch of the echo as time passes.
Effects for inserting breaks into tracks
- HPF Echo – Passes the sound through the high pass filter and adds echo.
- LPF Echo – Passes the sound through the low pass filter and adds echo.
- Crush Echo – Creates a sound as if the sound were crushed and adds echo.
- Spiral Down – Lowers the pitch of the sound while changing echo reverberation time.
- Reverb Down – Adds a reverberation effect to the sound and lowers the pitch of the echo as time passes.
ADDITIONAL FEATURES of rekordbox Version 4.2.1 WHEN USING CDJ-TOUR1 OR CDJ-2000NXS2 MULTIPLAYERS (firmware update required)
- Audition tracks in rekordbox before your performance and mark the ones that mix well together using the new Matching feature. When playing one of those tracks in your set, the multiplayer suggests matched tracks to play next.
- Enlarged waveforms of tracks playing in rekordbox dj are shown on the multiplayer’s screen when a PC/Mac is directly connected to the CDJs using only USB cables (USB-HID control).
- KUVO is available even when connected using only USB cables (USB-HID control).
Support of Windows 64bit Operating Systems
As well as the existing 32bit application, a 64bit version of rekordbox 4.2.1 will be available for Windows, so you can choose the one that best suits your operating system and gives the optimum performance.
EXPANDED LANGUAGE SUPPORT IN rekordbox Version 4.2.1
Displaying and browsing using right-to-left languages is now available, including Hebrew and Arabic. rekordbox now supports all languages supported by Mac OS and Windows.
REKORDBOX MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7 (the latest service pack)
Mac OS X 10.11, 10.10, 10.9（updated to the latest version）
IntelⓇ Processor CoreTM i7, i5, i3
IntelⓇ Processor CoreTM 2 Duo 2.0 GHz or higher
4GB or more of RAM
250MB or more of free space (not including space for storing music files, etc.)
1280 × 768 or greater
About Pioneer DJ
Pioneer DJ Americas, Inc. is the subsidiary of Pioneer DJ Corporation responsible for sales and marketing in North, Central, and South America. For more than 20 years, Pioneer DJ has been a market leader in the design and production of innovative DJ equipment and software. The company works closely with DJs and clubs to deliver next generation products that inspire and shape the global dance music community. Its portfolio includes brands such as Pioneer Professional Audio and Pioneer DJ Radio, rekordbox DJ software, as well as social platforms KUVO and DJsounds. Pioneer DJ Corporation is a privately held company headquartered in Kawasaki, Japan. For more information, visit www.pioneerdj.com.
Stay up to date: www.pioneerdj.com/news
Dana Block - firstname.lastname@example.org