Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

8 followers Follow

A couple of problems I've noticed with DJM450 and DDJ-SP1

Hi, I've noticed a couple of things when using my DDJ-SP1 and DJM450 together.

I've got the DVS set up and working in all modes and everything apart from quantize in rel mode which seems to be random if it works or not.

When using rel mode the censor or slip reverse button on the SP1 doesn't work. If you power the mixer on before or at the same time as the SP1 you can't assign the the FX's to deck 2, FX2 is greyed out and the button on the SP1 does nothing. I got around the FX thing by assigning it before I turn the mixer on.

Are there any settings I should try changing to help with these things?

Thanks

Jayatron

Official comment

You'll find that both FX1 and FX2 are applied in serial; the FX2 are disabled for direct access when using certain hardware (typically in EXTERNAL mixer mode). If you were to engage one of the effects on FX2, you'd still find it's activated on the audio on the output.

Pulse
Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.

20 comments

I have the same problem with the Djm 450 and a xone k2. When I turn the mixer on, the fx assign panel for fx2 gets greyed out. 

I also have a problem with the sampler/sequencer. When engaged and recording/playing, rekordbox crashes. This did not happen on my previous controller. (Sx2).

hopefully it's just a "new product bug", and will be fixed asap by firmware/software updates. 

Mathis Fcyn 0 votes

Sorry to hijack your thread here but when you say you have all modes working, does that mean including ABS? Reason I ask is I recently bought a 450 too, but can't get either mode to 'light up' (stays greyed out) and whether in REL or ABS it's behaving like REL (ie no needle dropping). But I am using serato time codes.

Jamie Hunter 0 votes

Hi, yeah I've got REL and ABS modes working with CD and Vinyl I'm using the Rekordbox codes though.

Jayatron 0 votes

Hi, I am having the same exact  issues with my new DJM450 using DVS. FX2 is greyed out and  quantize in rel mode works 50% of the time.. Any update with these issues?

DJ T.R.D 0 votes

Same problem here, I see these posts are months old, has anyone managed to fix it?

James Connor 0 votes

Also noticing tracks lose sync after engaging an effect, have to deselect fx1 blue light to re sync

James Connor 0 votes

Also have this problem.

Anyone manage to sort this out or get any news if it's going to be fixed?

Cheers

StanCollins 0 votes

I raised a support ticket, it has been an arduous experience going back and forth

Tracks go out of sync as rekordbox adds double latency each time you use effects, so as it only adds effect to one channel not master the 2 tracks your are mixing end up train wrecking - shocking!  My work around to get the effects on 2 banks and 2 channels is using my traktor audio 6 for rekordbox which is fricking crazy!

<EDIT> Thread removed.

James Connor 0 votes

@James > Your issue is being worked on within the ticket, I would appreciate you not posting it for public.

Pulse 0 votes

Its seems that many users are having the same issues with the DJM450 and DDJ-SP1?. Are you able to bulk the tickets together and increase the priority of the tickets? This post started over 7 months ago.

DJ T.R.D 0 votes

It's already been brought to their attention and is under review. There's no need to increase the priority. Thanks for your patience.

Pulse 0 votes

I would appreciate an update in a few weeks because I am having the same issue.

Thanks

DJ T.R.D 0 votes

@TRD > Sorry, but I can't guarantee any kind of timeline for updates, especially as the offices in Japan are now closed for the next week for the national holiday.

Pulse 0 votes

Same issue here, fx2 is blanked off when djm 450 is connected.

Peter Wood 0 votes

What's the point of being in serial mode, why would I want both banks running on one deck?
We want each bank assigned to a separate deck.

Peter Wood 0 votes

@Peter > Sorry, it's a limitation of the audio routing through the hardware.

Pulse 0 votes

I am guessing after an year of nothing happening with this issue. It’s not getting fixed anytime soon?

DJ T.R.D 0 votes

I think they did actually fix it!

If you turn of post fader effects in rekordbox dj it works as we would hope 

James Connor 0 votes