Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 followers Follow

Midi conflict with Ddj-sp1 and 900 Nxs 2 mixer when connected with Rekordbox DJ in performance mode

Hi,

My DDJ - SP1 functions fine when attached to my Windows 10 laptop and latest rekordbox DJ Performance Mode via USB. As soon as I switch on my DJM 900 Nexus 2 mixer however the SP1 loses access to FX side 2 (i.e. It greys out on screen and I can no longer highlight/activate the 1 & 2 buttons on it. I can still see the rotary pots responding at the top and I can click each one on and off but none of the effects work on Deck 2. I can select Decks 1 or 2 (or both) for FX 1 and they work however that just limits me to one bank of 3 effects within the software.

This happens when the mixer midi light comes on. Its almost like there is some form of conflict between the Midi of the mixer and the midi of the ddj-sp1

Is this a known thing ? Is there any form of fix/workaround ?

would love some help from more knowledgable guys from this forum or indeed any Pioneer rep

kind Regards

Chris

Christopher MacSwan-Wiggins

Official comment

I have an answer...

With DJM-900NXS2, either FX1 or FX2 can be used alternately because NXS2 has Send/Return feature to enable post fader FX, only one FX can be selected.

FX2 is not disabled, but both FX1 and FX2 will be applied to the channel selected by FX1 on the left side of the screen. FX1 -> FX2 is connected in tandem.

The SP1 will continue to function as normal - just use the left side controls and away you go.

Pulse
Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.

24 comments

Bump. Anyone on forums able to help ?

Anyone

Christopher MacSwan-Wiggins 0 votes

There shouldn't be -- I'll check it out when I get back home tomorrow and see how we can help!

Pulse 0 votes

I have the same issue with DJM 450. A workaround is to activate FX2 before turning on the mixer. No assigning on FX2 possible with external mixer mode. Irritating.

Mathis Fcyn 0 votes

Hi,

Thanks for your response. I was beginning to think nobody else was suffering with this issue or that nobody was interested in helping from Pioneer. (I still wish these forums were a bit more active in terms of users and Pioneer reps 🙄)

To the point that I was going to say "to hell with Rekordbox DJ" and I was going to go back to Serato DJ.

Anyway I hope they can resolve this as I actually quite like Rekordbox DJ and have so far not had any other issues with it.

I await Pulse's testing and hope he can get to the bottom of it.

kind Regards

Chris (UK)

Pulse,

Any update on your findings ? It would be great to know its not localised just to my setup and that there indeed is a problem.

Im frustrated with this and iam very close to going back to Serato DJ for good.
This is because i just want all my equipment to bloody work as it should.

Kind Regards

Chris (UK)

Daily bump. It's only been 10 days 😂

Come on PULSE. I'd really love to hear your findings on mine and Mathisfcyn issue. Just to see if you can replicate it. It really is a shame as my setup is 1x Technics 1200 mk5, DJM 900 NXS 2 and 1x CDJ 2000 NXS 2 with the DDJ-SP1 so the options a fully working DDJ-SP1 can give me are vital in my workflow as it gives me things I lack on the turntable side of things etc.

Is this an issue you can replicate ? Is it something and nothing that you can fix with the next software update ?

Any sort of response from your initial response would be great.

You've left me hanging for nearly a fortnight 😂

Kind Regards

Chris (UK)

Ahhh... I finally figured out exactly what it was you're having a problem with -- and it's not the combination of hardware, it's simply that when you connect a DJM as your output audio device (the software is configured for external mixer mode), the second FX bank gets disabled.

I'm not sure why this is, but I'll ask the rekordbox team for detail.

Pulse 0 votes

Hi,

Cool. Glad it's not just particular to a couple of us. Yep it is a pain in the backside. I can't see a way around this at the moment. I hope it can be fixed as I could do with being able to utilise the SP1 to its full potential. Thanks for your time investigating Pulse.

Please can you keep us in the loop if it is roadmapped to be fixed

kind Regards

chris (U.K.)

It's nothing to do with the SP1, it happens without it connected.

Pulse 0 votes

I totally get that Pulse but for me when it happens it stops me being able to use the SP1 so once this issue is fixed it will allow me to use the SP1 at the same time as my 900 nexus 2 is the sound card

I understand that, and we have a ticket open with the product team - as soon as I have an answer I'll pass it along.

Pulse 0 votes

Happy days. Thanks for your help on this Pulse

Pulse,

Any update with this ? It really is a pain in the ass. Are the team intending to get this resolved or is it not resolveable ?

regards

chris (UK)

They're working on it, but it's not at the top of the priority heap, unfortunately. Sorry! I'll let you know when I have more info.

Pulse 0 votes

Excuse me, but how can it not be on the top of your priority list?

djm450 buyers like myself and other mixer owners who have invested in rekordbox Dj, are limited to one fx unit. And we can't even use it simultaneously on two decks. 

This SHOULD be the top priority. 

Best regards

Mathis

Mathis Fcyn 0 votes

Hi,

Glad i never stated that. Didn't want to come across as a whinging barsteward. It echoes my sentiments exactly. It's pretty poor that this issue is happening on a flagship mixer (DJM 900 NXS 2) which is therefore stopping me accessing all the transport controls offered by another Pioneer bit of kit (DDJ SP1) which really limits me on my mixer/Turntables setup. The reason i bought all the expensive hardware was for this setup to work as expected.......however......resolving it is not top of the prioryty list....Meh

@Mathis > I understand your frustration, but if you were to look at the list of fixes, bugs, changes, suggestions, etc. for rekordbox, it's a pretty long list and there are many items which have a much higher importance for DJ operation. Your patience is appreciated and we will post any information when it becomes available.

Pulse 0 votes

Hi Pulse,

Thanks for getting back to me. It indeed does work how you stated. Happy days. Thanks again

Chris (UK)

Glad to hear. I have asked if there is a possibility of still having separate / independent FX banks even with external hardware being used. Hoping it's possible, but I'll let you know what they say.

Pulse 0 votes