Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 followers Follow

Toraiz SP-16 - Can i stop a pattern without stopping the Samples immediately?

I want to use the Toraiz SP-16 in our Band. I have a Pattern that loops for an unkown time. So i have to stop the pattern manually. But i don't want the Samples to be 'Cut' or stopped immediately. Is there a way to stop the Pattern but leave the 'Tails' of the Samples, so they play until the end of the Sample?

Matthias Hartl

Official comment

hello Matthias,

I believe what your trying to do can be accomplished by simply muting the looped sample while your playing your pattern.  You can also set that looped sample to gate mode where it only plays when you press down on the pad.

Let me know if this helps you solve your issue.

Thanks

D.j. Creme
Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.

6 comments

Hello D.j. Creme,

thank you for your fast response, but i think you missunderstood me. 

I have a sequence/pattern with some drum samples and some longer "Synth One-shots". The Sequence plays along with our Band while i also play another Synth, so i don't press any Buttons on the Toraiz.

What i want to do, is pressing the "stop" Button to stop the sequence. But i don't want the long "Synth One-shots" to stop immediately. It would be better if the Samples could play along to the end of the sample. (like a fade out or something)

Is there a way to prevent the instant stop of all triggered samples when i stop the sequence/pattern? I have already tried to use the Release function of the Envelop, but this doesn't help.

Matthias Hartl 0 votes

I don't have a SP-16, but is the original poster referring to "reverb tail"?

cl516 0 votes

no, it's not about the "reverb tails".

The Problem is, that all Samples that are currently playing are stopped immediately when the Stop or Play/Pause Button is pressed. It would be good if there was an entry in the settings, that allows the samples (which are currently playing) to be played to the end of the samples even if the sequence is stopped or paused.

Yet i don't know how to stop the Sequence/Pattern without stopping all the Samples instantly. Is there a way to solve this problem, or will it may be in a future Software Update of the Toraiz?

Matthias Hartl 0 votes

ahh I think I understand.  on some other units, STOP would stop sequencer while long samples keep playing.  STOP+STOP (like a double click) would stop sequencer AND cut off long samples.  interesting to note that's how Toraiz currently operates.  maybe they can fix in software update.

cl516 1 vote

Yes, you are absolutely right. It would be better if STOP would only stop the Sequence and STOP+STOP would stop the Sequence and the samples. The current situation with the STOP function is a big problem in the way i use the Toraiz. 

I think this is an important feature, and it's realy bad that this is not supportet in the Toraiz. Maybe the Software Engineers could just add it to the Project Settings?

Matthias Hartl 0 votes