Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

5 followers Follow

E-8305 unsupported file type

I keep getting the error E-8305, on CDJ2000NXS and XDJ-RX for several songs on multiple USB's that were prepared in Rekordbox. Can you please help me figure out the issue? They are all high quality MP3 files that I have played for years that are now inexplicably corrupted. I've tried reanalyzing them in rekordbox and deleting them and resyncing, but nothing seems to work. Please help. It seems to be moving to more and more songs. I feel like it has to be a problem with rekordbox because the problem has occurred on several different pieces of hardware.

Jmonoky

Official comment

Sorry this was previously missed; I've alerted our rekordbox team to this urgent issue.

Pulse
Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.

16 comments

I'm having the same issue. Played on a NXS2 setup yesterday and on one song I got this error message. It's an AIFF that I have been using for at least a year without issues. I always carry a backup USB and from that source the file worked. To rule out a few possibilities I will try the song on my 900 NXS players, re-expert etc. this afternoon. It could also be the fact that the NXS2 players was on FW 1.02. Will keep you updated!

The Henrik Maneuver 0 votes

So, I did a bit of troubleshooting.

It turns out that the actual AIFF file is corrupted. Tried to load the track on my 900 NXS and got the same error message. To rule out that the RB Database was causing the problem I moved the file to a fresh unprepared USB and got the same result. To solve the problem, make sure you delete the corrupt file from the USB and then re-export it. Otherwise RB will think that the file is ok and just update the database.

This is easy enough when you have access to your computer but could be disastrous in a live environment. I only had this problem with one file so far, and always carry a backup USB, but maybe you should look into this Pioneer? I have saved the corrupt file and can send it over for probing, testing and dissection.

The Henrik Maneuver 1 vote

I have the same fucking problem every time i'm sync some playlist. Some song are okay, others not... i'm using ZipDJ or Beatport for my MP3 so normally it's supposed to be good file without corruption...

Martin Dallaire 0 votes

I think the important thing note here is that Rekordbox corrupts existing files that are fine while syncing. Even when no changes are made to the file that is being corrupted! Please Pioneer, get on this because it is indeed a show stopper. I haven't experienced this before version 4.3, will do some fishing on my Time Machine backup for a previous version...

@Martin Dallaire: Always check any MP3's with a validator before using them in Rekordbox or on a CDJ. There can be errors in the encoding even from the most reputable sources.

A quick update: I successfully downgraded to Rekordbox 4.2.4 without any problems and haven't had any E-8305 since then. This doesn't really prove anything since I only had one occurrence of the error on 4.3 but it do seems that that update made the problem appear in the first place. Just remember to do a full backup of your computer before attempting to downgrade, for me it was smooth fetching the old version from my Time Machine backup but be careful so you don't mess up your Rekordbox database.

@Pulse: I still have the corrupted file, just let me know if you need it.

@Henrik > Yes please! They've just asked for them - and the firmware versions of the players on which it occurred.

@Jmonoky > Same for you, please - but also need to know the rekordbox version.

Pulse 0 votes

What is a root cause for this? I have had the same issue during a set on a club's CDJ :(

I don't want to restore older version of RB but I can use some workarounds instead.

beatMatcher 0 votes

@beatMatcher > In most cases, an unsupported file type error is due to the file's encoding method, a bit / sample rate outside of the supported range, an encoder type which is supported however somehow corrupts the file, or possibly even certain encoders or tags which cause problems with either rekordbox or the CDJs.

Our support team is still investigating the issues reported by @Henrik, but this may not be the exact same issue you're experiencing, even if the conditions seem similar.

Pulse 0 votes

@Pulse Sorry, the file didn't survive the move to a new computer at the end of the year.

No worries - engineers are just looking to resolve some old issues (that ticket you were on). ;)

I'll let them know - if it comes up again, just drop us a line.

Pulse 0 votes

Hey I'm having the same problem on a regular basis.

Only with .wav that I've even purchased through rekordbox.
I started downgrading to .mp3 just to avoid this consistent headache for a brief period of time.

Now I'm back to .wav as they sound perfect on large high quality systems, and I'd like to send you the files in question to figure out what in the fuck is causing this issue.

Dus Ko 0 votes