Failed to Switch Master Database
Hi I followed the Step by Step instructions on how to move the RB database to an external drive because I have a new computer with a smallish SSD, so I would like to have all my tracks and database on an external drive. Everything went smoothly until I tried to switch the Database Management Drive on the new computer to the external drive. The pop up "Failed to switch Master Database" appeared.
All my music is moved onto the external drive as well. When I check the external drive the Master folder is under the PIONEER folder. My music is in a folder called DJ TRAX.
I also watched the video.
0) Have you read the "READ ME FIRST" thread in its entirety AND TRIED THE SOLUTIONS THERE before posting: Yes, I swear it!
1) Operating System: Old computer Windows 7 & new computer Windows10
2) OS Type: 64bit
3) rekordbox version: 4.3.0 rev. 9650-10861-10857 x64
4) Using LINK: n/a
4b) LINK Connection method: Wired
4c) Using with CDJs: Yes but n/a for now
5) Source Hard drive / Flash drive / SD card file system: NFTS
5b) Connection type: USB3.0
5c) Does the device have multiple partitions: No
5d) If it's a flash drive, is it a U3 device: n/a
5e) With what utility did you format the device: It came formatted by Seagate
6) Export Hard drive / Flash drive / SD card file system: NTFS
6b) Connection type: USB3.0
6c) Does the device have multiple partitions: Yes
6d) If it's a flash drive, is it a U3 device: n/a
6e) With what utility did you format the device: It came formatted by HP
7) Have you scanned your files for errors: Yes
7b) Have you scanned your drive for errors: Yes
8) Is rekordbox crashing at all: No
8a) If crashing, is it resulting in: n/a
8b) If not crashing, are there any error messages: Yes
9) Are you able to repeat / reproduce the problem: Yes
9a) If yes, can you do it consistently: Yes
10) Does the problem occur with one specific song: No
10a) If yes, please post a link to it:
11) Any other notes regarding your setup only:
12) Provide as much detail of the issue here:
Please sign in to leave a comment.