Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 followers Follow

Using external Synths with Toraiz

I was hoping someone could help me with this:

I am trying to use my Dave smith p12 module with the toraiz and am not sure how to get the audio of the p12 to go thru the toraiz. 

The diagram in the manual shows you can midi external synths and then having the L and R audio jacks coming from the outputs into the toraiz inputs (next to the level knob) 

This doesn't seem to work for me there is no sound from the synth and I'm not sure if I need to do something with the toraiz mixer to get the audio to work. 

The pioneer you tube video on midi doesn't have anything on this and seems to show that you need a hardware mixer for audio to play from the toraiz and external gear together.

which is correct?

Tom Young Answered

Please sign in to leave a comment.

6 comments

So you have setup a midi track, right?

p12 is connected to L and R input?

you just need now to set up a thru track ( see track type)

RcMuSic 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

hi and thanks for your input

in answer to your questions yes to both. p12 is setup as a midi track and l and r are both connected from its output to the toraiz input.

so how do i setup the thru track? all i see is the thru on the track type menu where there are also the midi, sample and toraiz as-1 track types also. surely if i switch to thru in this menu it takes it off midi?
hope that makes sense

Tom Young 0 votes

i've used an external mixer and can get sound through that but no luck trying to run sound thru the toraiz

Tom Young 0 votes

Keep you midi track . Then add the thru track. You p12 will use both, midi for midi, thru for audio

RcMuSic 0 votes