Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 followers Follow

New rekordbox with old license

I bought a few years ago a kit of CDJ 350 and DJM 350, and came with a license for rekordbox, but i didn´t use it, and now i wanna use it, but my old license doesn´t work at the new version of the rekordbox app, only works at the old version 2.2.4, and i didn´t like, so there is a way that i can use the new version with my old license?

Leo Ferreira Answered

Official comment

@Leo > Back at rekordbox v2, a license was required as at that time, the base version of rekordbox was a paid product. As of v3, it was made available for free. rekordbox 4 continues to be free to operate in a similar manner to all prior versions (to organize music, edit hot cues, memory points, beat grids, tags, link to players, etc.), however with the addition of the performance mode (known as "rekordbox dj"), this is a paid add-on for allowing DJs to use the software to perform directly within the software. This does require a rekordbox dj license, not the old rekordbox 2 license. Unfortunately your license is not valid for rekordbox dj, and in order to use the performance mode, you must purchase either a full license or a monthly subscription. Without this, you can still continue to use rekordbox in export mode for free to do the same things you were doing with previous rekordbox versions.

Pulse
Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.

3 comments

Hi, Just got the cdj350 and I think the license key was attached to the back of the player. I tried using the key with rekordbox 2.0 but the key is not complete.

Asumoh Sule 0 votes

Sorry, we are no longer providing support for rekordbox 2 or earlier, and the key provided with the CDJ-350 was not compatible with rekordbox 5.

Pulse 0 votes