Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

6 followers Follow

The BEST (hidden) feature of 5.0.0 b1

General comments here so I'm not including specific technical information..

I just stumbled upon the BEST new feature. This is HUGE and will be a huge boost to RB usage in my opinion. 

I plugged in my USB stick on a computer that had RB 5.0.0 beta and believe it or not, it read my CDJ formatted USB stick. So I was able to play tunes off my USB just like a CDJ/XDJ while in performance mode.  AMAZING.  I requested this over a year ago but Pulse mentioned that the databases are different so it is not possible.  

this is very useful to those that do mobile gigs and need a backup laptop, I can just jam my USB drive in and go.  Or if you are b2b with someone using RB DJ you can plug in your USB and use their controller.

** a BIG Thank you to the Pioneer DJ team **

Of course, I finally bit the bullet and upgraded to a NXS2 setup but this will be useful when I'm using a controller!

DJ Chase

Please sign in to leave a comment.

6 comments

Good to know that finally the software have the behavior of the rekordbox compatible decks, which seems more logical now that I know of it.

So now with your usb you can plug in anything labeled Rekordbox.

Spark972 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Yeah been waiting for this since I started using the RB... Thanks!!!!

Marek 0 votes

Can confirm this feature. Untested with drives created outside my database.

Daniel 0 votes

Yeh we used this over the weekend after Jay brought it to my attention when I asked in the general forum last week. Only problem we encountered was that one of the USBs took forever to load and almost had to loads the waveforms 1 by 1, the other one was directly off a External HD which loaded pretty much instantly. 

Could be an initial formatting issue

Samuel Alexander Spratt 0 votes

@Samuel > Chances are it's a "low quality drive" issue. Try a higher-performance USB drive and that shouldn't happen.

Pulse 0 votes

This is actually game changing especially if I'm doing an AV DJ set and friend rocks up and plugs in his / her tunes for some b2b.

ndorse 0 votes