Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 followers Follow

Analysis mode confusing - Performance/Normal

This is more a suggestion than a bug. In preferences you can set the analysis mode to either "Normal" or "Performance" but it's not clear what these do from looking at the text. From a DJ point of view, I'd expect "performance" to be the setting that I'd use if for some reason I needed to analyse a track while I'm performing. Not something I'd do unless I really had to but still could happen. 

BUT ... unlike the rest of the software where "performance" means "while performing" the use of performance here is actually "high performance analysing" which uses tons of CPU and would almost certainly cause hiccups with the software if you're trying to play tracks at the same time. 

Maybe "Normal speed" and "High speed (don't use when performing)" would be better prompts?  Traktor uses a similar warning for their higher speed analysis mode.

Mike

Mike Butler Answered

Official comment

I totally agree with you, it's something that's been on the list to clarify for a while. Thanks for your feedback.

Pulse
Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.

4 comments

Actually, I just checked - which version are you running? Because they did update it:

It didn't used to say "Concurrent Process Mode."

Pulse 0 votes

Yep, that's what it says at the moment. Without knowing what the options really mean and looking at that with my DJ hat on, I'd think "Performance" means "while performing", as that's what performance means in the rest of the software. The option looks like it was written by a developer rather than a DJ :)

Mike

Mike Butler 0 votes

Agreed.  It could still be interpreted that Performance is the mode you use during a Performance to allocate less resources to analysis and that intact Normal is when full allocation of resources occurs during prep.  Would read better as:

Slower (While Performing - uses less resources)
Faster (For Preparation - uses more resources)

Ross 0 votes