Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 followers Follow

Sync behaviour

The behaviour of sync since rbdj performace mode has not been satisfactory.
When sync is pressed, the pitch fader is unresponsive unless it is brought back to the tracks original tempo. In this situation It can only be Done on the playing deck. Which is useless because you will now be adjusting the tempo to a track that is playing to audience.

How synce should behave.
Track on deck 1 playing at 100 bpm. No sync engaged. Load track to deck 2 and press syn on deck 2. Deck 2 track will sync to deck 1 track. 100 bpm. If i move pitch slider on either deck up or down, the tempo should change accordingly on both decks.
I now mix over to deck 2. When i load a new track to deck 1 sync will be disabled and and the track on deck 2 should remain at 100 bpm regardless of where my pitch fader is. If i now hit sync on deck 1. The bpm should sync with deck 2 bpm whis is 100bpm.
I should be able to hold shift and move the pitch fader up or down without affecting the decks.
That way will open the pitch slider to infinite.

If this is a bug. Please fix. If it is usual behaveiour. Please make it optional

koolbreeze

Official comment

@koolbreeze > I think it's a misunderstanding of how sync functions... taking your scenario from above, I've added my comments in bold as to how it actually works.

----------

Track on deck 1 playing at 100 bpm. No sync engaged. Load track to deck 2 and press syn on deck 2. Deck 2 track will sync to deck 1 track. 100 bpm. Deck 1 is now set as MASTER. If i move pitch slider on the MASTER deck, the tempo should change accordingly on both decks. 

I now mix over to deck 2. When i load a new track to deck 1 sync remains enabled and the track on deck 2 will become the MASTER and remain at 100 bpm regardless of where my pitch fader is - this is known as a "soft-pickup" because the virtual position of the fader doesn't match the location of the physical fader. If you want to change it, move the hardware fader to the current pitch position and make an adjustment. If i now hit sync on deck 1 (if it wasn't already engaged). The bpm should sync with deck 2 bpm whis is 100bpm, which it will.

----------

You can move the pitch fader on the master deck to achieve this goal; the pitch fader will only "open to infinite" when your pitch range is set to WIDE range.

Pulse
Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.

6 comments

There should be variations of sync. Some users like myself only uses sync to match bpm quickly. Thats all. So wen i press sync i would love to have the ability to speed up or low down without having to take take back the pitch slider back to dead center, which at same time brings the track back to original tempo.

koolbreeze 0 votes

You can do exactly that - no need to move to center; just grab the fader of the master deck and move it. If it wasn't in the position where you left it, you do need to "software pickup" by moving it to the position reflected in the software.

Pulse 0 votes

Sometimes I really feel bad for the people who have to patrol these posts...

J. Stevens 0 votes