Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

7 followers Follow

toraiz sp 16 1,4 no live sampling\looping and...

no live sampling, what? mpcs are deeper in every way, i yet got this machine  for its immediacy, easy dj like workflow, and I was sure, pioneer actually said so, they  will release live sampling in 1.4 , they did it in other devices, this is a sampler,, live sampling\looping is a must, and all other must have features, unbelievable. 

this is  a poor decision, your minor bug fixes and semi feature set took months, it seems as if you- pioneer, has decided to kill this product and invest the absolute minimum in its funeral. 

uri Lahat

Please sign in to leave a comment.

9 comments

i would develop it forever... its a great machine, if thats true its big mistake -- pioneer.

im personally insulted.  

uri Lahat 2 votes
Comment actions Permalink

seriously disappointing. i was waiting for live sampling, and I think the vast majority of users. dj or producers. boo 

Belleville 1 vote

The moderator has already indicated that live sampling is delayed and pending. Pioneer needed to get the 64 second sample extension stable first. Makes sense to me from a development perspective.

Thomas Chang 1 vote

The problem with this update, is not the update by itself.

I think it's also related to the brilliant idea to make another sampler which is actually almost the same machine born with the upcoming features promised on the toraiz.

I have the toraiz and I loved it, but then I waited so long for this update  , checking the website every month, looking for any news about it,Finally they released it, then I discovered this firmware is not what they said it would have been after 1 year of promising and developing. Instead, they released another sampler, with the same software, very similar engine, with better price, functions and...... LIVE SAMPLING!?!!?!?!?!?.  I'm really starting to hate the company, this move feels like non sense.  Please make things right, and bring us the  deal you sold in the package, promises included: live sampling, fx2, automations.

Like Dave Smith would do. 

frncsc 1 vote

Hope they just postponed this feature to a later update....

I must say that this is what holds me back from getting any of the new pioneer products until their MK2 version - in last few years, they introduced few new products, which looked great and had lots of potential. Sadly "MK1" versions of new pioneer products is something they try the market on and usually release "MK2" version quite soon, limit updates for the mk1 version to fixes only. This is what happened to the 1st generation of the XDJ's and would be no surprise if this happens again to Toraiz (and DJS). In my opinion, pioneer's policy of supporting their older devices is one of the worse I have ever seen and the history talks for itself which is shame.

Marek 0 votes

Pioneer has taught me an important lesson to never pre order but wait at lease a year to see if they continue to care about the product. If everyone did this they would put more effort in the product before release.

Morris forieri 0 votes

Yes but... life is short... buy instruments you can/need and enjoy it right now. Waiting a year or so for a function, an update or whatever won't never replace the time you spent with this instruments IMHO

RcMuSic 0 votes

"buy instruments you can/need and enjoy it right now."

...and pay another $1400 for a new device bringing software updates which someone decided not implement to the previous version although its clearly possible? :-)

If someone is going to respond in "hardware is the limitation for these features" way, please include in your response details like whose "fault" this is - if the engineers at pioneer who design the hardware can't plan their hardware to meet their software needs for next 2-3 year (in other words, more than 1 year) - I doubt that this would be the case tbh, or the product management team, which simply forces customers to re-purchase the hardware just to get the software updates.

Anyway, this seems to be the kind of discussion we had like 100 times before - I know that not including the features in 1.4 might mean nothing but you know - been there, did that - we all know Pioneer's product lifecycles....

Marek 0 votes

well pioneer, will you comment on something? does this device has a future? one fx per sound? sampling? arps? will this ever be a real sampler for live shows or the studio? 

uri Lahat 0 votes