Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 followers Follow

more midi tracks and midi functions please

Hi,

After looking at videos, forums...etc i decide to get get an SP16 very soon (should arrive thursday) over a new MPC. I've read a lot of good ideas (about 80 ones) on the facebook group, to implement into the SP16. I hope Pioneer will make them real. I hope to "see" very soon User scale (at least one) and i hope we could get 16 midi tracks on top of the 16 actual tracks. Midi is not so demanding in term of power.

Richard

RcMuSic

Please sign in to leave a comment.

2 comments

The architecture of the SP-16 is pretty set. There are fixed amounts of ram for the pads so adding more pad banks seems unlikely. And because some of the pads can already be MIDI, adding a new MIDI bank causes problems as there can only be 16 midi tracks for the single midi out.

Honestly, don't judge the SP-16 on the specs. You have to use it, get its workflow and judge it on its merits. In real life it is far more intuitive than reading the manual suggests, the step modulation is far more powerful and instant fun than you might guess. They took some simple ideas and implemented them really well. Try to use one before you dismiss it.

Teles 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

I'm not asking for 16 midi  on top of those that already exist. first bank of 16 tracks for audio, 2d bank of 16 tracks for midi. Midi does not take some much ram or process. 

I don't judge SP16 on specs, if you read my post you should know that i have already ordered an SP16 so it's too late to dismiss it.....i know it's a good product. But Pioneer needs to make it better or MPCs will kill it very soon.

RcMuSic 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink