Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

6 followers Follow

Toraiz NO MIDI IN record

Okay, I've seen a few post regarding the midi in not recording notes. I've been over the utility section several times and I believe I have every thing set right and I still can't figure out why the Toraiz is not recording notes from my external keyboard. I can see the midi in blinking light every time I hit a note on the keyboard (5 pin din) but the Toraiz will not record the midi note data. What am I doing wrong or is this still wonky with firmware 1.30??? Please help me!!! 

D Driver

Official comment

Hello D Driver,

What are your settings? 

Can you give me a little more info regarding your setup and settings so I can try to help you solve your problem.

Thanks

D.j. Creme
Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.

8 comments

It's working only on sample tracks right now. i hope too they will make it available for midi tracks, it's a must have...

RcMuSic 0 votes

Thanks for the info, RcMuSic! I hope it is in the works as I am not as accustomed to playing notes on pads as I am keys! Still, being that is the only major limitation for my needs, the TORAIZ is still awesome! 

D Driver 0 votes

Same, controller midi set to same channel as the Toraiz. Hit record on Toraiz and play notes from synth- notes not record (or played back) on Toraiz. Yet, I can use synth to play samples on Toraiz which records fine. Is this even being worked on? As much as I love the Toraiz, recording notes from my synth, using the Toraiz's pads isn't cutting it. 

Atom Eshmaki 0 votes

There is a kind of workaround for now. But the sequence you want to record via midi IN must be monophonic because sample tracks are monophonic(it won't record chord for example). Set your track as a sample track, we know you can control a sample track from midi in with your external keyboard. Record you notes using your keyboard. Once done, change the track to midi track. it will keep the notes you recorded.

RcMuSic 0 votes

aw man thanks for that tip RuMuSic! i hope, when/if midi gets updated, we will get polyphony.

Orión García 1 vote

It's been over a year... any chance this is actually being worked on? Having polyphony record via MIDI would be awesome

Alfie John 0 votes