Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 followers Follow

Rekordbox | Sound Colour FX Sub-Parameter Assign | DDJ-RX

We can change the built in CFX for software selected CFX, or assign the big grey "filter" knob to another knob on any device through the midi-learn function...

But we cannot assign the CFX sub-parameter knob???? (i.e. the filter resonance amount, noise volume etc.) It isn't listed within the midi-assign functions list?!

This can be operated with a mouse within the software when the CFX window is visible, but who wants to use a mouse when DJ'ing!

PLEASE FIX!

Pumahawk

Official comment

Sorry guys, there's no work-around because that parameter is not assignable within MIDI. There are a few functions we've asked the engineers to make available and hopefully we'll see them included in future updates.

Currently there are also no controllers with "extra" knobs and all R-series controllers are fully mapped to other functions (even in single-FX, as you describe, uses all 3 FX knobs for parameters).

I'll pass this along.

Pulse
Comment actions Permalink

Post is closed for comments.

4 comments

Any work-arounds? Any ideas? 

In single release fx mode there is basically a spare encoder on the DDJ-RX, which would just be PERFECT as this CFX fine-tuning adjustment knob assignment... 

Pumahawk 0 votes

Thank you for your response Pulse! :-)

Does the DDJ-RZX utilise on-board CFX rather than software based, as it does have this particular knob we're discussing?

Re: the "extra knobs" (I've edited the original post as it wasn't clear) I was referring to when the user selects in software to use the same "release" fx on each side of the DDJ-RX, which leaves the two release fx encoder knobs doing the same job, sort-of leaving one spare/redundant. 

Would love to see the CFX parameter knob midi-assignable - would turn some colour fx from almost unusable overkill to subtle magic!

Pumahawk 0 votes

@Pumahawk > You're right, the RZX does have that knob (I was primarily referring to the DDJ-R controllers), and can make use of it to control that parameter within the software.

Yes, it's software based FX.

You can manually assign the knobs to whatever you want by removing the existing mapping and assigning it elsewhere.

Pulse 0 votes