Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

7 followers Follow

Ver.1.4 firmware update postponed

First I have to say that I like the idea of Toraiz series but I'm disappointed with the course of things. Toraiz sp-16 was introduced at the beginning of 2016, then it took half a year to release the beta version with half of the demo version features. Now we are waiting for 4 months to complete the basic functions with firmware 1.4. and almost after a year on market we can not still run 2 effects at time, no live sampling, Toraiz have few basic effects/track, no combination of fx, no undo, no reverb per track (only on master) etc. What's complicated to add a few effects and features now? Also I wonder why I should buy Toraiz as-1 if the first Toraiz product Toraiz sp-16 is still incomplete and does not offer full-proper workspace. Think about it dear Pioneer, its not only me who think this way, I would buy next Toraiz product, but there are still many things that limits on proper work on your first Toraiz product. If we have to wait another half a year to the next upgrade, this dont get much new customers into this product line (because of new Akai products on market), also for the current users the door are opening to look for another product. Hope you're professionals and make this unit professional without a long wasting time too.

Phunk Jamz

Official comment

Our TORAIZ team is working hard to take your feedback and provide the features and functions you're asking for, within the capacity of the unit's hardware limitations. Your patience is appreciated and your comments always welcome.

Pulse
Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.

9 comments

I have a feeling pioneer is working on building a whole new OS on the Toraiz SP-16 so it don't use too much memory and things run smoother maybe the same layout but with the new features offered,yesterday i posted that everyday i check the news section to see if they released the 1.4 update and today when i checked i first got excited to see some news on it but when i actually read the news it was a complete turn off,all i can say is the unit is getting old and we keep waiting for the update,not saying i'm selling but it actually does make me want to look into getting a unit that can fill in the blanks that the TSP-16 has,hopefully it won't be later than Oct.2017.

Jova 0 votes

I think its fair to say that Pioneer were not planning to put more resources (money) into development of the TSP-16. They have done something unique and thought it was finished. However it turns out that people LOVE the TSP-16 and with the competition of Akai, they want to see some modest improvements which make it more complete without being a clone of an MPC. We're here because we love the TSP-16 and believe in its potential. Its almost there. New customers will be getting an MPC, don't leave the update too long.

Teles 0 votes

I dont think they thought it was finished because when they announced it they had said live looping on the fly which never happened and was the number 1 reason this unit called my attention because i thought since rekordbox was having issues and the emergency loop is not a function i would want on a gig in front of people when it crashes the live looping on the Tsp16 can save me.

Jova 0 votes

Pioneer, if you re going to make a lot of new functions or changes, please keep in mind that the projects done since launch til 1.3 should be loaded flawlessly in the new update late 2017. I have seen big updates that made old projects stop loading or with glitches. I can be patient because i love toraiz but beware of this itS really important, i think.

RcMuSic 0 votes

PIONEER!  Please update As i use this sampler sequencer for live Pa I feel its not keeping up to the octatrack when it comes to posabilities   such as sections of mutes as  i can drum on tracks at the same time  I love this machine the sound quality is great but as many have said in the following many improvements can be done and we are all waiting to show u Pioneer how these improvements will shine through are performances 

DJ HIPNOTIC STARR 0 votes

Hello Pioneer, are polyphonic pads part of the upcoming update? Thanks for your time!

Sergiu Rue-Ionita 0 votes

@Sergiu > Sorry, we don't have information on specific function updates unless previously outlined.

Pulse 0 votes