Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 followers Follow

Remove the jog bend dead zone on all models with update-able firmware

That jog bend dead zone on CDJs serves no purpose.

Reticuli Answered

Post is closed for comments.

5 comments

Well, after years of not even acknowledging its reality, thanks for finally doing so.  This is a big step.  No other manufacturer except Pioneer have this and I've never heard anyone ever complain about vibration causing jog rotation on any model of jog in the world.   Please post a video demonstrating a rotating CDJ from vibration.  The threshold is currently too high, regardless.  If you guys have some empirical data requiring it and want to keep a jog bend dead zone, then please add at an adjustment in the settings for all CDJs with update-able firmware that have this dead zone.  Certainly if this were a problem, anyway, the jog tension control is a better solution, either the top one or for the sound tech to monkey with internally with the little cog thing in there.

Reticuli 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

It's not just about rotation - it's about ANY movement caused by vibration. I've been in more than enough heavy bass DJ booths to tell you that those things DO move enough that if there would be more sensitivity around the "zero" movement area, that it would register a response.

Pulse 0 votes

Sorry, but video or it didn't happen.  I've DJed on stacks of 21 inch subs and stacks of Labhorns and never seen anything close to what you're saying.  And your comment still doesn't address the user settings option request for this threshold or the fact CDJs at the very least have an internal tension control and on the top models an externally-accessible one.  Any significant tension at all would mitigate such a fantasy scenario.

BTW, the Hanpin media players (Reloop, American Audio, Stanton, DJ Tech, etc), Gemini MDJ-1000, and Denon SC5000 do not have jog bend deadzones.

Reticuli 0 votes

Congratulations for you, but I don't need to post a video to prove anything.

Tens of thousands of CDJs sold, not enough complaints about this to make it worth addressing. Sorry.

Pulse 0 votes