Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

Post

1 follower Follow
0
Avatar

TORAIZ AS-1 WILL NOT STAY IN SYNC!

So I know this has been slightly covered in some obscure spots on the web but what is the deal here with this? When you change patches the sequencer jumps right away, cant the brains that put this lovely device together add this to a future update. Really just make it so the sequences play till the end and then on to the next. I have had a heck of a time trying to get my AS-1 to be useable with the sync issues. I can hit the restart button close to on time but lets be honest that is a huge drawback. I received my AS1 today and like many others that will be finding out the patterns do not change smoothly and using this in a live situation is looking grim. Is there any hope for this to be added/corrected in the future? This is nearly a deal breaker, this looks to have been advertised as a "groove box" but how can you stay in the moment when stuff goes off sync? Any hope for a fix?

djmichaelwenz

Please sign in to leave a comment.

1 comment

0
Avatar

I spent the past two nights trying to find the best way to use the AS-1 in my live setup. I really love the sound of the unit but there are some things that need improvement especially when it comes to being SYNCED!!!!!

 

1. Make the step sequencer stay in sync and provide the option to change patterns on measure! 

2. Add real time recording of notes instead of only a step sequencer.

3. Provide the ability to launch step sequencer patterns via midi note 

 

The way I am using the AS-1 right now I am creating a dummy clip in ableton and sending program change data to the unit to change patches. This works about 75% of the time and the other 25% I have to restart the sequencer, REALLY ANNOYING! 

 

 

PLZ MAKE UNIT PLAY NICER!

djmichaelwenz 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink