Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 followers Follow

Toraiz sp 16 as 1

Hi all I'm wondering how I could set up the sp 16 and also the AS1 to my set up? I have CDJ 2000 NXS2 and also a DJM 900 NXS2 mixer? Just like to know how to connect these 2 up with my audio connections etc.

Danny crammer

Official comment

Personally, when I've used this configuration, I've done it three different ways:

1) Connect the CDJs to channels 1&4, connect the SP-16 master output to channel 2, and the AS-1 to channel 3. This gives you an independent mixer channel for each source.

2) Connect the CDJs to channels 1&4, connect the SP-16 master output to channel 2, and the AS-1 to the input on the SP-16. This allows all the production audio to be controlled via the SP-16, and then its master audio has its own channel on the mixer.

3) Connect the CDJs to channels 1&4, connect the SP-16 via the send/return, and select AUX as the FX type and return to channel 2. This is basically the same as option 2 (AS-1 can connect in either option 1 or 2), but you now have the ability to record samples from the mixer.

Pulse
Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.

3 comments

Great thank you ! I was thinking more about option 1 so I have separate channels for each device, but with this option chosen will I still hear the both Toraiz devices if I record with the record out from back of mixer with a tascam recorder? Thanks.

Danny crammer 0 votes

@Danny > Yes! The recording output takes any channel which is is "open."

Pulse 0 votes