Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

7 followers Follow

BETA 5.0.0 - Key sync not working with Camelot

@Pulse in my last post I haven't requested any feature but reported quite important inconsistency in the software rendering the key sync unusable when using a feature supported since the very first version of the RB. Closing my post was brash if nothing and you didn't understood its point.

https://forums.pioneerdj.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/115018100623-Camelot-key-sync

"Found a small problem with it - like some other people, I am rewriting the key tag from the musical notation to camelot because its simple easier and faster to get oriented in, rather than in the musical notation codes.

There was not problem with it ever and the players were correctly flagging the matching tracks etc.

Now I tried the key matching, and found that when a track is not using the musical notation but the "customer entered camelot", the sync doesn't work as it doesn't see the track as analyzed.

Could you guys please have a look into it to preserve the consistent workflow?

Its clear that the camelot is not officially supported but as we can write in our own keys, the common notations like the open key or camelot should be recognized as well..."

This wasn't a feature request - I explicitly mentioned that I hit a problem with the key sync when I tried to use it for the first time - the 5.0.0 beta 1 doesn't sync the key when the camelot notation is being used. As the CDJ's and RB DJ work fine when used the Camelot, the sync should work as well.

Please treat this as a bug / inconsistency report.

As this is not hw or os dependent, I am not attaching the system details as they are not relevant in this case because this is about the design of the feqature rather than bug. If they are really needed and will help to understand the problem in any way, please let me know and I will attach them.

thanks

Marek

Please sign in to leave a comment.

7 comments

@Pulse, this is not a feature request, but a real bugs, the camelot keys are working with "Related Tracks"of Rekordbox 4/5, but not with the new Key Matching; And a lot of us use Mix in Key and not the key analyse of Rekordbox

asfx33 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

+1 

Key sync should work even if we re-write the tag to the much more useful and common Chamelot notation, just like in Serato.

entro 0 votes

agreed.   sounds like if camelot is recognized in related tracks it would work here as well.  

DJphasim 0 votes

Yeah, that is a request - you're asking to use CAMELOT notation, which isn't supported... so you're effectively asking for it to be added so you don't have a problem. ;)

Pulse 0 votes

Firstly thank you for implementing key sync in v5 - it was a frequently requested feature on the forums (myself included)!

However I agree with the other posters - given that Camelot notation works fine with the 'related tracks' key matching it is a reasonable assumption it would work for key shift. Sounds like a lot of people use Mixed In Key for it's superior key analysis and it would be great to allow this to continue in

@Pulse can you confirm what the key matching in v5 is designed to work with? Is it only Rekordbox analysed tracks, or is it externally derived key tags but just in a specific format? 

James Gordon 0 votes

@Pulse - thats more an inconsistent behavior than a feature request. The Camelot notation works well all around the Rekordbox and is obviously supported but not for the key sync (due to a bug?).

If we are requesting something, then its a consistent behavior for a notation we are using in RB and on CDJ's for years.

Of course if you already decided that this is a feature request, you will hardly change your mind, I am afraid.. No offense man but sometimes wondering why do you still think all of us are trying to fight with you or with the company...-we just want our sw and hw work as we expect it to do and I guess you want the same. This is obviously something affecting more than person who tested the beta - does some wording about if it is or it is not a bug really matters so much?
This is something that should be addressed to ensure smooth operation, no matter if we call it bug or request :-)

Marek 0 votes

my guess is that Pioneer would need to pay a higher priced licensing fee to be allowed to use the Camelot proprietary nomenclature within the Key Sync code in the software.  Thats probably why this issue isnt being solved.  Thats why Traktor uses that annoying m/d key id system thats a semi-tone off the camelot wheel.  

Walt White 0 votes