Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

4 followers Follow

BUG 5.0.0 beta 1 - Grid created with 1/2 tempo

Hit a painful bug with Beta 1 today when adding a new tracks.

The new tracks were analyzed by the RB after adding them to the collection.

The tempo of one track has been analyzed to 174 which is the correct value.

When adjusting the grid for this track, I realized that despite all the columns (the collection view etc.) are showing the value of 174 bpm, the grid has been created at 87 bpm.

Got about 3 of 10 newly imported tracks affected.

I am attaching screenshots showing the row in the collection view and the track loaded to the deck in the export view - you can clearly see that the track is showing the correct bpm but the grid has been created with 1/2 tempo...

OS version: OSX 10.12
CPU: i7
RAM: 16GB
Graphics driver: idk
Display resolution: 15" retina
rekordbox mode: Export
Plus Packs: dj / dvs 
Model name of Pioneer DJ product used with rekordbox, Firmware/Driver version: none - standalone export mode

Marek

Official comment

There are a few users reporting this issue - our engineers are aware of it and will hopefully address it in an update. Thanks for the feedback.

Pulse
Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.

9 comments

I've got the same issue but the other way :

84 bpm track, analyse and tag are ok but when I load the track/edit the grid it is displayed as a 168 bpm tracks.

Spark972 0 votes

What BPM analysis range do you have selected in the preferences?

Pulse 0 votes

@Pulse 

118-235 bpm.

Using this setting everywhere possible to avoid this Hip-hop / Drum and Bass issues...

Marek 0 votes

Normal 68-135 for me.

I change the range for whatever genre I need, the bpm is correct into the library, it's only on the deck/beatgrid that there is this double/half difference.

Spark972 0 votes

Issue does not seem to have been fixed before the public release.

This sure is annoying and slows workflow down

Craig Spilsbury 0 votes

when I try mix the Tempo control (BPM) is really hard to get on an exact number? I either skips numbers or just moves when I finally get it on the exact number I want. For example if a song is 120 Bpm and I want the second deck song to match it (its really hard to get it on exactly 120 first of all ?) and then if I do get it on 120 and leave it for a second to do some effects sometimes I find it has moved between 1-5 bpm, which gets really annoying! do I have wrong settings on rekordbox or is my hardware faulty ?? I really don't know and would be grateful for some help. Thanks.

Tadhg Kinsella 0 votes

If the tempo is out of the range, please try re-analysing with a different range, more suitable to the actual BPM of the song.

If the track has a live percussion with a wandering beat, be sure to use DYNAMIC analysis mode, otherwise if the song has an electronic percussion with an accurate and consistent beat, use NORMAL analysis mode.

Pulse 0 votes