Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 followers Follow

RB 5.0.0 rev.11066-11861-11862 BETA2 x 64 - DDJ-RX not shown

Hello,

I've instaled beta version above and my DDJ-RX is not present as "Control Device Information" / Audio tab and also is not working with RB but as audio interface it works.

Instead, my DDJ-RB is working fine, also an Hercules DJ Console MK2 MIDI is seen on Control device information.

When I start RB, the led's from DDJ-RX are lighten up as console is working with software but Color FX, EQ knobs and even Trim is not working if I choose an external source for a channel.

I'm using an powered USB v.3 HUB to have all equipment connected to the laptop, I've tried with DDJ-RX connected to an dedicated USB v.2 port on laptop and DDJ-RB disconnected but DDJ-RX still only available as Asio audio device.

OS version: Win 10 Pro 64bit (10.0 build 15063)
CPU: i7-4720HQ @ 2.6GHz (8CPUs)
RAM: 12 GB
Graphics driver: Intel HD Graphics 4600 / Nvidia GeForce GTX 950M
Display resolution: 1920 x 1080
rekordbox mode: Performance
Plus Packs: DJ / RMX
Model name of Pioneer DJ product used with rekordbox, Firmware/Driver version: DDJ-RB firmware v. 1.03, driver / utility v. 1.210; DDJ-RX firmware v. 1.04, driver / utility v. 1.100

Is something I can do or should I jump back to v.4.5?

MiniBum

Please sign in to leave a comment.

12 comments

Update: I've changed USB cables and the place for each console cable in other USB ports from the HUB (it's a 7 USB hub) + laptop reboot and now DDJ-RX is shown but RB is missing (present only as an Asio audio interface), even in RB v. 4.5 - seems that RB can't handle 2 own Pioneer DJ consoles?

Because Hercules DJ Console MK2 still appears in each combination. Ideas?

MiniBum 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Same thing on beta 3 version ...still nothing from Pioneer!?

MiniBum 0 votes

Will check this out - I have a feeling there's something amiss with the drivers.

Pulse 0 votes

Hey, the drivers are from v. 4.40 Rekordbox package. I will also try on a MacBook. Also, there's a way to chose between multiple DJ Consoles?

I think is from Midi but I'm not sure. :D

Thanks!

MiniBum 0 votes

Update:

OS version: MacOS Sierra v.10.12.6
CPU: Intel Core i5, 1.6 GHz
RAM: 8 GB DDR3
Graphics driver: Intel HD Graphics 6000
Display resolution: 1440 x 900
rekordbox mode: Performance
Plus Packs: DJ / RMX
Model name of Pioneer DJ product used with rekordbox, Firmware/Driver version: DDJ-RB firmware v. 1.03, driver; DDJ-RX firmware v. 1.04.

Rekordbox v. 5.0.0 beta4 & v. 4.5.0.

Same as on Windows, DDJ-RB it's "seen" first if I have both consoles connected (now without USB powered HUB).

What is strange and is same behavior on Windows too is that if I'm playing on DDJ-RX and I'm connecting the DDJ-RB, the pop-up for "sound scheme changed" appears asking if I want to use the RB instead of RX, I'm choosing NO and in that moment the sound is like muted, you need to move the channel fader (any direction) and then the music is back on RX output.

If I'm doing backwards - playing on RB, connecting the USB for RX, click NO on changing sound output to RX pop-up, there is no "mute" sequence for RB.

Let me know if other info is needed.

Thanks!

MiniBum 0 votes

Hello,

Same thing on Rekordbox v.5.0.0. Still no option to choose what hardware you want to use with the software.

I know that not a huge number of users will have multiple hardware compatible with Rekordbox connected in the same time but still.

MiniBum 0 votes

Have you tried simply disconnecting the other devices, connecting ONLY the RX and then having that selected?

Pulse 0 votes

That was not the point of this post at all.

The point was having multiple Pioneer DJ equipment connected and have the ability to choose which one do you want to use.

And the issue here is that even all Pioneer DJ devices are not seen as control devices in Rekordbox (yes is useless to see them there and not have the ability to choose but still ...)

It's fine, I can live with that, post can be closed.

MiniBum 0 votes

I understand that, but as you can imagine, the point of the software is not to have multiple, similar, devices connected simultaneously.

Pulse 0 votes