Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 followers Follow

Why does DDJ_SZ mapping not match buttons?

SO .. trying RB 5 last night with a DDJ-SZ and going through the functions.  Is there any reason why mapping of the navigation buttons doesn't match the layout of the controller?  For example, the Load Prep button is used for view switching while shift-press on the load button is effectively load prep. Wouldn't it make more sense to have things do what they say?  I know it's all midi-mappable, but I'd expect Pioneer gear to match as closely as possible out of the box.

Mike

Mike Butler

Please sign in to leave a comment.

2 comments

check your settings. They added the option since many DJs prefer the standard CDJ function where you push the selector to load a track. 

Also if you were using someone else's unit, there's a chance they could have reassigned stuff.You can click MIDI and hit DEFAULT to restore factory settings. You may end up with an angry friend if you changed their settings, however.

DJ Chase 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

The DDJ is set to the default settings - there's not actually that much to change on the hardware. I'm talking more about the difference between the labelled functionality of the buttons and the actual functions when used with RB.  Pressing the selector loads the track ok, that's normal operation, but shift-press is "tag track" rather than "instant double" which is the labelled function. The pressing the button labelled "Load prep" is mapped to a view switch etc. Seems odd that they didn't make an effort to match the labels when they did the mapping.

Mike

Mike Butler 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink