Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

4 followers Follow

Loop exit when i call a cue point

If i have a loop engaged, as soon as i press a cue the loop is exitted. 

koolbreeze

Please sign in to leave a comment.

13 comments

Ok. I along with some other users would love if this is optional then. Alot of us user like to capture a loop and still be able to call up a hot cue with the loop still on. That is normal behaviour that we have been accustomed to

koolbreeze 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Just press the "ACTIVE LOOP" button on your controller and the loop will remain active when the play position reaches that loop again.

Which software are you using that this is "normal behaviour," because that's not what happens in rekordbox.

Pulse 0 votes

In sdj and sl thats the normal behaviour. And i understand your activate loop recomendation.
Its totally different. This is it
Say i have a track on deck one. I have hot cues at the begining of track at bar 1. I play the song then make a loop of the 5th bar. If i press cue 1. Track will go to the hot cue and still has the loop active on the 5 bar so wen it reaches that point it will loop. Facts.

In rbdj that loop will exit as soon as i hit the cue button.

koolbreeze 0 votes

If it's something you use frequently, store it as an active loop (red loop icon):

Otherwise I don't see the problem in re-activating the loop?

Pulse 0 votes

I use it often enough to notice. But it is something i do on the fly. Setting in pr prep will not suffice for me. I do it Most often to tracks with short intros. Then i use hot cue on the drop. The loop would fall into place and stays until i exit.

koolbreeze 0 votes

Hold on, you're looping ... then jumping back to beat 1, then looping again? It sounds like you could simplify the process by having the loop extend back to the first hot cue, basically making it part of the hot loop.

Pulse 0 votes

Right. Exactly. But as rbdj is now. If i made that loop on the fly. As soon as i press hot cue 1 the loop exits.

koolbreeze 0 votes

So make HC1 a hot loop instead, or store HC2 as a hot loop at the same position as HC1.

Pulse 0 votes

I get what your saying with all the work arounds. but hey man i am just here to beta test and give feedback and recomendations as a user about the options i feel would be easier

koolbreeze 0 votes

And I'm trying to give you solutions that work without making extra effort!

Pulse 0 votes

I feel your pain, I do the exact same thing with Serato DJ. I have been reading some of the response from the rekordbox dj guys, they have become very rude with each response. I wish they stop the rude remarks.

Tega Ologe 0 votes

If I understand KoolBreeze correctly:

Start track with Hot Cue A, in sync with whatever is playing.
Track progresses and you engage a 4 Beat Loop.
You then hit Hot Cue A again and expect the loop to remain engaged until you EXIT Loop?

This is a behaviour I have also become accustomed to also.

Particularly handy as you say when there maybe has;t been full pre-prep on a track or just depending how you plan to transition it in, and might not have set a Hot Loop.

This way you can play the track, sync, decide that a 4 Beat Loop is appropriate as the start of your transition, jump back to Hot Cue A keeping loop engaged, begin your mix transition, then release your loop so the track drops perfectly in time.

So if it's up for consideration, Im all for a +1

Ross 0 votes