Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 followers Follow

Performance Mode - Beat Grid Edit:

Hello, i noticed this awhile ago when testing RB 5 (Beta 5) but I didn't get a chance to comment but in Performance Mode, using the Beat Grid Edit function, I notice that the Grid Shrink and Grid Expand function is not working. I'm sure I remember successfully using this function with the early betas of RB5 (i just purchased a license and the only version I've used is the betas of RB v5). Is this a bug or I need to turn on a feature? As a work around I have to search the songs BPM online and manually enter/edit /override the current BPM..

NOTE: The Grid Shift/Slide works correctly by shifting the entire grid.

I'm using a DDJ-SX2 (probably shouldn't matter in this case).

Alex Lawrence

Please sign in to leave a comment.

4 comments

Are you using the buttons on the SX2 to edit the grid, or clicking within the interface?

Pulse 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

I tried both, the buttons on the controller and the clicking within the interface...

Now tonight I disconnected the the DDJ-SX2 controller and tried it again with just theinterface and this is what I discovered.
Regardless of what song I load, if I try clicking the shrink or expand function in the interface, there is no response. Now interesting enough, when I drag/scrub the track past .08 second in the track the shrink or expand function in the interface works. I loaded different tracks and the same results.

NOTE: This happens if the playhead is at the beginning of the track.

Alex Lawrence 0 votes

Yeah, you can't exactly make any adjustments when the play head is at the "zero" position. The same thing happens if you create multiple "set" points and are trying to adjust the track, you need to move slightly past that red marker to change the spacing.

Pulse 0 votes