Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 followers Follow

DJM 450 -> Rekordbox DVS->streaming through OBS/Facebook Live/Chew TV etc.

Any information from anybody how to stream through Rekordbox DVS to any internet broadcasting service? Would love to stream sets through Facebook live but I can only get the control tone out of my DJM450.

Mac OS X user here.

abk5074

Please sign in to leave a comment.

25 comments

I believe chew.tv is the only platform that allows you to stream copyrighted music, Facebook will block your stream if it detects copyrighted music.

But to answer your question, OBS does not support multi-channel audio interfaces, which means it can only capture audio from channel 1 (USB 1/2). If you use Rekordbox DJ without DVS, or if you have a 4-channel mixer and channel 1's input is unused, you can assign REC OUT to USB 1/2 in the DJM setting utility, but otherwise you're out of luck.

Erik Minekus -1 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Pulse are you planning on releasing the DVS guide? I noticed on your Windows guide you said you were working on a DVS workaround.

abk5074 0 votes

DVS for Mac should be a yes, DVS on PC = not possible with just one audio device (or VERY messy with more latency and CPU cycles needed than most users will have available).

Pulse 1 vote

@Pulse I have followed the instructions and while I'm able to get music to stream through OBS I can't eliminate the control tone over top of the output.

abk5074 0 votes

Yep. USB 1/2 <-- CH1 Control Tone Phono
        USB 3/4 <--- CH2 Control Tone Phono

USB 5/6 REC OUT

USB 7/8 FX SEND

abk5074 1 vote

Its streaming both the music internal to Rekordbox and the Control tone.

abk5074 1 vote

Do you think it might be an internal setting in Rekordbox? I feel like there is some sort of cross over from the driver and the output.

abk5074 1 vote

So i tried to do some more trouble shooting and it seems like its something to do with Soundflower. Pulse have you tried doing the DVS setup using a set of PLX-1000s instead of CDJs? It could have something to do with the phono vs. line control tone.

abk5074 0 votes

I know what it is that causes that, and for the 450 it could be a simple fix, but I'm currently testing the instructions across a variety of mixers and have already had to make some changes to the guide. I'll post another reply when the guide is updated.

Pulse 0 votes

I've just posted the T1 guide, please give it a whirl, it should be similar in application for the 450. I'm grabbing lunch then going to test, edit, and post the S9, DJM-900NXS2 and DJM-900SRT guides. Sadly I don't currently have a DJM-450 here to post those specific instructions, but I feel it should be similar to all these other guides.

Pulse 0 votes

Pulse I'm getting the same issue. I tried the s9 and the T1 guide and both configurations in JackPilot still produce the control tone cross over on the audio coming out of Rekordbox.

abk5074 0 votes

Do you possibly have a device other than your built-in output / built-in microphone configured as the main output / input devices? In your Audio Devices window, check the assignment:

Pulse 0 votes

Can you post up screenshots of the rekordbox config (audio page; two shots showing inputs and outputs), DJM settings (output page), the JackPilot routings (two shots showing the system and rekordbox mappings), and finally, the audio page from the OBS settings?

Pulse 0 votes

So interesting new piece of evidence. When I put my channel fader 1 down, it removes the music output from rekordbox but the control tone from my deck is still being output through the broadcast in OBS and presumably my DJM-450

abk5074 0 votes

Shoot me an email, let's try and find a time to connect via remote connection.

pulse|a|t|djpulse|d|0|t|ca

Pulse 0 votes